MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old March 23rd, 2012, 12:35 AM
VIP

Re: Hoster 5.06 Bug Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsings View Post
Downloaded the upgrade! love the new look, however, when running the show I had a few times that it stuttered, not significantly, but noticibly.

And I couldn't find where to delete a song that is in the singers database... Do I need to go to a different place? Thank you for your assistance
Try accessing TOOLS, AUDIO CONTROLS and adj just your audio dropout level to a higher number. Keep adjusting until no more audio drops are heard.

Acess TOOLS, EDIT SINGERS DATABASE. This is where changes are done to the singers database/list.
Old March 23rd, 2012, 03:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatrobot View Post
I upgrade my hoster from 5.0.5.02 to 5.0.6 early this week (or last weekend) and it was working fine until tonight when I run my show it works for the first song and list the audio.
Can you be a bit more specific as to your problem.
When you say it lists the audio, does the playlist show all the tracks correct and shows them as ready in the status column ?

If yes are you saying that on selecting one and pressing play nothing happens ?
or does the status field change to something else like unavailable ?
Or can you describe in clearer detail what happens.

If you can't resolve this you should be able to go back to your previous version to allow you to perform your other shows.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old March 23rd, 2012, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Downloaded the upgrade! love the new look, however, when running the show I had a few times that it stuttered, not significantly, but noticibly. And I couldn't find where to delete a song that is in the singers database... Do I need to go to a different place? Thank you for your assistance
To add to aznetbears answer, did you also do the changes to your Power Managemet as to the instalation instructions ?

They need to be set to maximum performance.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old March 23rd, 2012, 03:17 PM

Yes I did all the updates and changes when I bought my computer. I also had a small issue when pushing the stop button, my computer would not stop but would go into a freeze or a partial shutdown mode. It cleared up towards the end of the show, but I had never experienced anything like this. Do you have any ideas what caused this? Thank you

1st system HP dv 7 notebook pc,5.9 Index with2630 Ram, 64 bit operating system Windows 7 with 2. GHz Service Pk 1

2nd system Pavillion dv6 Notebook PC, 5.6 Windows Index Intel Core P7450 @2.13 GHz 4 GB 64 bit
Old March 23rd, 2012, 03:57 PM

Here is the crash I get every time I stop a song!
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Hoster.exe
Application Version: 5.0.6.0
Application Timestamp: 4f621da4
Fault Module Name: Hoster.exe
Fault Module Version: 5.0.6.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4f621da4
Exception Code: c0000094
Exception Offset: 0000390c
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

AND I am not getting any sound from Hoster at all. My computer is working fine, as I can play videos and music, but not anything comes out of my program! Please help! I have 4 shows a week! Thank you!

1st system HP dv 7 notebook pc,5.9 Index with2630 Ram, 64 bit operating system Windows 7 with 2. GHz Service Pk 1

2nd system Pavillion dv6 Notebook PC, 5.6 Windows Index Intel Core P7450 @2.13 GHz 4 GB 64 bit
Old March 23rd, 2012, 04:39 PM

Hey JC,
I had the similar problem like yours I asume you ahve 5.0.6?
Open Hoster and open sound volumne icon on your task bar
click on mixer and you should see Hoster 5.0.6 show there.
Make sure the sound bar is not set to zero
Mine was set to that and I don't know how it happen
Also make sure your power manager plan is high performance if you are running Win7
Make sure the sound setting in your personize screen is set to "No Sound" (Not no sound modified) make sure you see a stop symbols on both screen saver and sound in your poersonalize screen
Good luck
Old March 23rd, 2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatrobot View Post
Hey JC,
I had the similar problem like yours I asume you ahve 5.0.6?
Open Hoster and open sound volumne icon on your task bar
click on mixer and you should see Hoster 5.0.6 show there.
Make sure the sound bar is not set to zero
Mine was set to that and I don't know how it happen
Also make sure your power manager plan is high performance if you are running Win7
Make sure the sound setting in your personize screen is set to "No Sound" (Not no sound modified) make sure you see a stop symbols on both screen saver and sound in your poersonalize screen
Good luck
I've done all of that, and I don't have the option of no sound in my computer but I went in a personally disengaged all of the audio sounds. I ended up having a communication or compatiblity problem with the service pack 2. So I looked for a solution online, and it said that Hoster was incompatible so it did an autofix. It seems to be working now..... I don't know for how long. This frustrates me, but I'm sure the gliches will get worked out, they always do.

Old March 24th, 2012, 05:50 PM

Hoster is automatically lowering the Volume control in the Volume Mixer window.

I have been able to recreate a sound problem within Hoster v5.06. I noticed that my sound while practicing a song (multiple times) got very low and so I tested Hoster until I could consistently recreate the problem. When a song is playing and I do a “short cut” to stop the song using the Ctrl + Spacebar and then do Ctrl + Spacebar to play the song again the sound will be reduced and it will change (volume goes low) as the song starts to play. I have to click on the Volume Control ICON and select the Mixer option. This allows me to push the slide bar (in the Volume Mixer window) for Hoster to the very top (again) and the sound increases. It does not do it every time but Holsters volume does change often enough for the good folks at Hoster to track the bug down and fix it. I am using Windows 7 (64 bit) and my laptop is up-to-date and all Windows “fixes” have been done. Hoster may be lowering the volume other ways but I have been able to recreate the problem using this method.

Update: I have been able to get Hoster to lower the volume with the stop button by clicking on the stop button as the song is ending. This lowers the Volume Control in the "Volume Mixer" window.

Last edited by tkelley3; March 24th, 2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old March 24th, 2012, 07:16 PM

I am noticing as I am working with this program, that Hoster keeps dropping the sound out. I keep checking my levels and they don't change, but i was editing my song data base and the sound just quits. I have to stop Hoster and it comes up with the same error as I state previously. It closes the program, then it works fine for a while........ Please find a fix for this issue. Thank you.

Old March 24th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I've done all of that, and I don't have the option of no sound in my computer but I went in a personally disengaged all of the audio sounds. I ended up having a communication or compatiblity problem with the service pack 2. So I looked for a solution online, and it said that Hoster was incompatible so it did an autofix. It seems to be working now..... I don't know for how long. This frustrates me, but I'm sure the gliches will get worked out, they always do.
Do you not see a speaker icon on your task bar, if you right click it you should see an option pop up, select "Open volume mixer" it's as in my attachment, if your volume lowers itself raise it there untill they find a fix.

I have noticed this volume lowering myself but can't seem to nail down what causes it.

When I stop a BA song you can watch this volume control fade right down to zero then it pops straight back up again.
If I stop a playlist song playing it seems to just drop down a small amount before returning.
It maybe that it doesn't always return for some users.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg volume control.jpg (35.4 KB, 13 views)
Old March 25th, 2012, 08:16 AM
VIP

i thought that was a fade out. rather than the song just stopping abruptly.

Windows 10

Hoster 5.10
Old March 25th, 2012, 12:40 PM

I think this is exactly the problem
What happened to me in my show is I ran the first song and in the end I click on stop bottom and after that I have no sound anymore
And in the end it is that Hoster sound contol has dropped to zero
I believe this is a bug in 5.0.6.
How to fix it I don't know but I am sure people will be hitting this more and more as they run the show.
Luckily now we know how to fix it if it happen or at least take a look there first.
Remember, the hoster has to be open and running when you try to adjust volumen in sound control under Mixer screen.
Old March 25th, 2012, 12:55 PM

Cool Re: Hoster 5.06 Bug Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
Do you not see a speaker icon on your task bar, if you right click it you should see an option pop up, select "Open volume mixer" it's as in my attachment, if your volume lowers itself raise it there untill they find a fix.

I have noticed this volume lowering myself but can't seem to nail down what causes it.

When I stop a BA song you can watch this volume control fade right down to zero then it pops straight back up again.
If I stop a playlist song playing it seems to just drop down a small amount before returning.
It maybe that it doesn't always return for some users.
Yes I do have and I looked at that but it still is at 100 percent, and the audio stops even when I am editing songs. I have to restart my Hoster. I check the icon each time and it hasn't moved nor does the mixer change.. I have a show tonight and am a little concerned it will drop the volume when playing. I am really glad i'm not the only one with this issue......

Old March 25th, 2012, 01:19 PM
VIP

After reading everyone's posts about the sound-lowering problem, I thought I should mention that I am still using the last 5.06 BETA that I tested, as I haven't had time to install the Release Version. Yesterday, I ran an 8 hour Show for a Cancer Benefit and then 3 hours of Karaoke after that. I had no problems with Sound at all. I played a variety of music, videos, etc., periodically having to stop playing songs for announcements, etc. I even went back & forth between Hoster and WMP, for when I needed to just play some music for 20 minutes that was not scheduled. The only thing I didn't use was BA. I had none of the sound problems being reported.
My conclusion is that a bug must have somehow slipped into the Release Version.
Old March 25th, 2012, 03:47 PM

I can now get Hoster to lower the volume control almost every time if I stop the song just as it is about to end. I can click on the stop button or use the Ctrl + Space bar and the volume control will lower. It does not come back by itself. I have also noticed that if I click on a song to play right after I stop a song that Hoster will "freeze" and my little Windows 7 circle will start spinning and keep spinning. I have to close Hoster and then reopen it. I used to have the little circle spin as I first opened Hoster and it would delay opening (screen would go pasty white) but that has gone away. Note: if I stop a song early this does not happen only when the song is stopped close to its end!
Old March 25th, 2012, 06:29 PM
VIP

After reading the posts here I feel fortunate that my show went without any problems last night.

As far as Hoster crashing, I can only suspect that there may be an error in the affected computers Registery. Usually when my computer starts crashing and doing funny a Registery Error seems to be the culprit. After running a Registery cleaner everything starts working properly again.

Test & Show Computer:
Dell Laptop XPS L701X
Operating System - Windows 7 Pro, 64 Bit, SP1
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q740 @ 1.73GHz, 1734Mhz, 4 Core(s) (1st Generation with no onboard Graphics)
Ram - 8.00GB
Hard Drive 1 Operating System: OCZ Vertex 4 (256gb)
Hard Drive 2 Music & Videos: Segate 1tb
Virtural Memory - 15.9GB
Video Card - NVidia GeForce GT 445M,,3GB Ram, Dedicated
Video Driver - NVidia 306.97
K-Lite Codec MEGA Pack installed (v9.4)
MS Office 2010 installed
IE 9, Google Chrome
Old March 25th, 2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenKelley View Post
After reading the posts here I feel fortunate that my show went without any problems last night.

As far as Hoster crashing, I can only suspect that there may be an error in the affected computers Registery. Usually when my computer starts crashing and doing funny a Registery Error seems to be the culprit. After running a Registery cleaner everything starts working properly again.
And what registery cleaner would you suggest, that won't interfer otherwise. It seems strange to me it would be all our computers rather than an issue with the program. I have tried a couple, but if you have one that works without issues, please share

Old March 25th, 2012, 08:44 PM
VIP

Quote:
And what registery cleaner would you suggest, that won't interfer otherwise. It seems strange to me it would be all our computers rather than an issue with the program. I have tried a couple, but if you have one that works without issues, please share
I will attempt to send you a PM with the cleaner that my computer manufacturer recommended to me.

Test & Show Computer:
Dell Laptop XPS L701X
Operating System - Windows 7 Pro, 64 Bit, SP1
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q740 @ 1.73GHz, 1734Mhz, 4 Core(s) (1st Generation with no onboard Graphics)
Ram - 8.00GB
Hard Drive 1 Operating System: OCZ Vertex 4 (256gb)
Hard Drive 2 Music & Videos: Segate 1tb
Virtural Memory - 15.9GB
Video Card - NVidia GeForce GT 445M,,3GB Ram, Dedicated
Video Driver - NVidia 306.97
K-Lite Codec MEGA Pack installed (v9.4)
MS Office 2010 installed
IE 9, Google Chrome
Old March 26th, 2012, 02:29 AM

I notice that when I let Hoster set open for a while, it drops the sound... It quit me once while doing the show tonight. I looked at the icon, and it didn't move, I checked the levels and they didn't move.. I hope we can find something to fix this soon!

Old March 26th, 2012, 04:32 AM

Unhappy Re: Hoster 5.06 Bug Reports

Correction, towards the end of the night, it started stuttering, and I tried raising the drop out number and had it up to 4, and it didn't stop the sound from dropping out. I ended up restarting hoster 4 times this evening. Please tell me there is a fix for this soon!

Closed Thread