MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 4th, 2010, 12:14 PM

MS For Windows 7 64 Bit

As a 10 year user of Microstudio, I always recommend MTU as the best CDG software publisher. However I just realized MS 4.22 doesn't work for 64 bit version of Windows 7 after telling friends that they couldn't go wrong with MTU. What bothers me the most is that in the ad. for MS 4.22 in the MTU website says it works for 64 bit W7 as 7/2/2010. Does it mean those poor freinds of mine can get a update for free of charge?

Warren Wang
Old July 4th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Re: MS For Windows 7 64 Bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar View Post
What bothers me the most is that in the ad. for MS 4.22 in the MTU website says it works for 64 bit W7 as 7/2/2010. Does it mean those poor freinds of mine can get a update for free of charge?
The web site states:
Computer Requirements
  1. A Windows/PC computer with at least 2GB of free hard drive space. NOTE: Microstudio requires Windows 7, Windows 2000+SR4, XP Home/Pro/Media Center+SR2, or Vista with .NET Framework v1.1 or higher.

2. WARNING! With ANY Windows 64-bit version (XP, Vista or Windows 7), Microstudio 4.22 can ONLY play files on the hard drive, but CANNOT import, play or write tracks on an optical CD/CDG disc, or duplicate discs. We are working on a fix but have no clear release date.

3. Graphics video card with 32MB or more of RAM that supports Direct-X 9.0 or higher (cards with less than 32MB RAM usually don't support 9.0 - MTU recommends ATI Radeon cards). Video cards with S3 chips or in laptop computers don't support Direct-X 9.0.

4. 1GHz or faster Processor (any Intel or AMD). MTU ships Laptop systems with new Core 2 Duo processor motherboards. System RAM: If Windows runs, Microstudio should also.

5. An MTU Certified CDG Recorder or equivalent to import CDG Karaoke discs to the hard drive and write CDG/CD discs.
Roy
Old July 4th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar View Post
As a 10 year user of Microstudio, I always recommend MTU as the best CDG software publisher. However I just realized MS 4.22 doesn't work for 64 bit version of Windows 7 after telling friends that they couldn't go wrong with MTU. What bothers me the most is that in the ad. for MS 4.22 in the MTU website says it works for 64 bit W7 as 7/2/2010. Does it mean those poor freinds of mine can get a update for free of charge?

Warren Wang
Version 4.22 does not work for any 64 bit system yet. MTU is working on finding the solution to this, but currently it is not ready.
As it stands right now if they have purchased within 12 months from the release of the new version then it will be a free upgrade otherwise they will have to purchase an upgrade.
Old July 7th, 2010, 10:38 PM

I just got an email from mtu today in regards to the microstudio write feature using 64 bit. I am holding off purchasing a much needed computer to replace my old studio computer, untill the write feature is working. MTU is working daily on this, and have been for about 6 months. They do have microstudio working on 64 bit, but the error correction is not working correctly. They are getting distorted graphics. They're getting closer to getting it done, but like anything else with 64 bit, it's slow going.

Warren, you didn't steer your friends wrong at all. Microstudio is the best software of it's kind period. I purchased my first version of microstudio around 2000, on windows 98 if i recall correctly. I write alot of custom CDG's with khpro for my shows. And use Microstudio to put them on disc. Also of course for writing backups, and custom disc that i take out to other karaoke shows that i sing at. I have even written CDG's for local entertainers using their own original recorded music. A valuable tool.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 01:42 AM

My Microstudio 4.22 writes tracks onto CD perfectly, and I have Win7 64bit. I've always been able to write onto CD even with my older computer that had XP 64bit.

JRMerc
Memories & More
Old August 23rd, 2010, 02:25 AM
Super Moderator

Unfortunately the majority including MTU cannot write correctly yet.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Unfortunately the majority including MTU cannot write correctly yet.
Dale, yeah I feel for you. I don't understand how mine can write, but we talked about this before. I contacted Bryan on checking mine out , and he asked if I had a program, I forget which one it was, and I told him I didn't. He was thinking that maybe that particular program was enabling me to be able to write, but when I told him I didn't, that was the last time I heard from him. I'm still open to doing a remote, if it will help all my fellow MTU friends.

JRMerc

Memorie & More
Old August 23rd, 2010, 06:18 PM
Administrator

Our Hoster & Microstudio IMPORT and DVD Drive Detector code functions work perfectly.

The problem is in the DVD DEFAULT DRIVE detector for the WRITE function with the code we have been shipping for years. It won't work with the 64-bit "virtual drives mapping" all 64-bit Win OS use. What you see - and as I recall EmilioM also sees this - is an @ where the drive letter should be. It will work anyway because the drive identification version and model number can be selected, even if you have multiple drives.

We have been integrating our IMPORT function DVD Drive Detector code into Microstudio, and integrating our new WRITE function code with this. However, our CDG "encryptor" code generated errors, and the created CDG RW codes have graphic "flecks". THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE TO US, so we won't release it as it would damage our good reputation.

We can try to come up with a stop-gap product that would include our older WRITE code. I think (will know tomorrow) that we can remove the @ symbol, and show 1, 2, 3, 4 for drives instead of the drive letters. This is a minor trade-off.

We had been stuck on hold for about 2 weeks, but this approach may be acceptable and fast for us to release. I'll talk to Engineering tomorrow.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Our Hoster IMPORT and DVD Drive Detector code and IMPORT function works perfectly.

The problem is in the DVD DEFAULT DRIVE detector for the WRITE function with the code we have been shipping for years. It won't work with the 64-bit "virtual drives mapping" all 64-bit Win OS use. What you see - and as I recall EmilioM also sees this - is an @ where the drive letter should be. Yes, if you only have one optical drive, it will work anyway. If you have 2 optical drives, it can fail.

We have been integrating our IMPORT function DVD Drive Detector code into Microstudio, and integrating our new WRITE function code with this. However, our CDG "encryptor" code generated errors, and the created CDG RW codes have graphic "flecks". THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE TO US, so we won't release it as it would damage our good reputation.

We can try to come up with a stop-gap product that would include our older WRITE code, forcing MS to only run on a system with a SINGLE OPTICAL DRIVE, and use our perfect IMPORT function code that detects the drive.

We had been stuck on hold for about 2 weeks, but this approach may be acceptable for us to release. We'd add code that detects if more than one optical drive is present, and if so require ony one to be attached to the computer. I'll talk to Engineering tomorrow.
Admin., On my new computer, I do indeed have only 1 optical drive. Thanx for the info, and thanx for working so diligently to put out a superior product.

JRMerc

Memories & More
Old August 23rd, 2010, 10:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilioM View Post
Admin., On my new computer, I do indeed have only 1 optical drive. Thanx for the info, and thanx for working so diligently to put out a superior product.

JRMerc

Memories & More
I changed my post after talking with Bryan. We can accept multiple drives, and their description and model# make them unique (unless 2 are identical). Thus, clicking any one of several will select it for WRITING.
Old August 24th, 2010, 07:49 PM

So we are making progress. Sounds great to me. Thanks for all the hard work and dedication. George
Old August 31st, 2010, 11:51 PM

I'm trying to figure out by reading all of the posts that I can if Hoster will run on Windows 7 64 bit system. I am in dire need of a new laptop and all I can find is Windows 7 64 bit systems. I even called Dell and they could not help me.
I spoke with MTU Online tech support and was advised that Hoster ran well on Windows 7 32 bit, however I can not find one.
The last post I saw was that it was very close to happening, but I don't want to invest in a new pc if it won't work.
Any info you have would be appreciated.
Old September 1st, 2010, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Reid View Post
I'm trying to figure out by reading all of the posts that I can if Hoster will run on Windows 7 64 bit system. I am in dire need of a new laptop and all I can find is Windows 7 64 bit systems. I even called Dell and they could not help me.
I spoke with MTU Online tech support and was advised that Hoster ran well on Windows 7 32 bit, however I can not find one.
The last post I saw was that it was very close to happening, but I don't want to invest in a new pc if it won't work.
Any info you have would be appreciated.
Hoster runs on Windows 7 64 bit. Microstudio runs on it too, but with problems in the disk writing which they are working on and are very close to getting fixed.
If you want a Windows 7 32 bit look on-line at Dell in the Small and Medium Business section. They list Windows 7 64 bit and 32 bit systems as well as XP downgrades for some.
Old September 1st, 2010, 05:54 AM

[QUOTE
I'm trying to figure out by reading all of the posts that I can if Hoster will run on Windows 7 64 bit system.][/quote]

Why are you posting a question about "Hoster" in the "Microstudio" section of the forum? If i'm not mistaken, i think mtu ships their laptops with "Windows 7 64bit".