MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 19th, 2014, 12:29 PM

Can't Access Sub folders via 4.30

I just upgraded to version 4.30 and can't figure out how to access my sub-folders to select from only the sub folders when creating my play list.
I have sub files listed under the main file "Karaoke Songs" on an external hard drive. The sub files allowed me to organize the songs into various groups, i.e. Duets, Broadway Songs, etc. and are named accordingly.
Right now, every song within the main file is listed in the "MY Songs Window", instead of allowing me the opportunity to only show songs within a particular sub-folder. I went to the manual and followed, I thought, directions and checked "Subs" next to the main file Karaoke Songs. Help. Thanks.
Old February 19th, 2014, 01:08 PM

Re: Can't Access Sub folders via 4.30

Admins, I tried to edit the original post, but waited past the 30 minute deadline. Here is what I should have written with a little more clarity and information:
I just upgraded to version 4.30 and can't figure out how to access my sub-folders to select from only the sub folders when creating my play list.
I have sub files listed under the master file "Karaoke Songs" on an external hard drive. The sub files allowed me to organize the songs into various groups, i.e. Duets, Broadway Songs, etc. and are named accordingly.
When I initially populated the Subs/Path under the "Song Folders" screen, I only listed my main file "Karaoke Songs" and checked the subs box, based upon my understanding of the manual. That resulted in every karaoke song I have in every sub-folder being listed in the "My Song" box. Next I deleted the "Karaoke Songs" master file and just listed a few sub-files.
But again, the system consolidated every song within the sub-files I listed and displays them all in the "MY Songs Window", instead of allowing me the opportunity to only show songs within a particular sub-folder. Help. Thanks.
Old February 19th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

The way to only show files from one particular folder is to remove all the other folders including the parent folder from the folders list and only select the folder you want. When selecting individual folders make sure you see the folder open and showing the files within before pressing the select button.

Some workarounds, 1) if you click on the file Name Header bar it will sort them in order of the path file name so would list them in order that way.

2) Another workaround assuming you are talking about Karaoke types is after you load all the individual folders (Not Sub folders) then in the folders dialog click on the category of the paths you don't want showing and a drop down arrow appears, change the setting to Audio then that file path wont show if you have the karaoke types selected from the main page. repeat that for all the folders except the one you currently want to view. you may have to press the refresh button each time you change folders.

When you have your whole library selected with folders and sub folders you should be able to find any song fairly easy from the search field.

Hope the above is of some help.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 12:07 PM

Thanks for suggestions but they don't work for me. I don't want to have a "work around" for a function that worked perfectly for my purposes prior to the latest version install. I'm sure there was a good reason to drop the functionality I used, but I can't think of what that may have been. I've re-installed an older version, which restored the functionality I need and will be looking for a new vendor.
Old February 28th, 2014, 06:01 PM

Resram,
You can still add only one folder as you always have done, we just made it so that you could add more than one, and also include the subfolders, but the old way would work identical to how it always did. Just select One folder as Roy said, then when you need to use the other folder, select that one folder in your List, and click Change, then set that to the next folder you want to use.

It will work as it did prior to this version by doing that.
Old March 3rd, 2014, 08:02 AM

Question Re: Can't Access Sub folders via 4.30

I have over 800 songs in various computer folders. I only use one folder at a time in Microstudio, I recently up graded to your newest version and am having problems in how to setup these many folders in Microstudio. So far it appears that if I want just one folder to appear in Microstudio I must put only one folder in your Song Folders and make it the Default. This seems cumbersome. Is there no way I can list all my karaoke computer folders in the Songs Folder and select the Folder I wish to use?
Old January 6th, 2015, 05:01 PM

I just made a huge mistake and upgraded to newest version of Microstudio. I thought the "ad" that showed up everytime I opened the application indicated I could use multiple folders. As stated before, I have a large folder called Karaoke Songs. Within that folder are roughly 40 other "sub"folders containing the actual songs that have been categorized for easy finding ie Adele, Duets, Christmas, etc. I can no longer access the individual folders.
I will be willing to pay to speak to someone for support to either reauthorize my installation of an older version ( which I tried to do again but kept getting an error message) or walk me thru the new version explaining how I can still easily access songs in the sub folders. Thanks.
Old January 6th, 2015, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

watch this video see if that helps: http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/coVicZevZJ
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.