MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old March 10th, 2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindonstrike View Post
The Karaoke Channel is either owned by SC or in partnership with SC. SC was a big prmoter of it when it came out a couple of years ago.
Very interesting. I wonder if Sound Choice is removing their name to get around the distribution deal they have in place.

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old March 10th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

If my memory serves me right Admin told me that the company was owned/started by two brothers and that one was splitting off to possibly set up for on-line sales of their song files. Karaoke Channel is theirs, but the site listed by BooBoo is not.
Old March 11th, 2009, 11:22 AM

Ahh, At first I thought you guys were saying that the Karaoke Channel songs were illegal. SC is the ones that actually adjusted the graphics.

According to them, they have aquired the rights to the content through Screenplay, Inc.

My question is, why did SC change the graphics on their own songs and provide the files if they did not approve? A quick visit to Karaoke channel and you will see that the graphics are not the same. I've never tried their service, but the demo shows much different graphics..
Old March 11th, 2009, 11:39 AM

Latest development...

I saw "downloads" in the Karaoke Channel web FAQ, and sure enough, they are offering them too... Probably the very same SC modified songs...

http://www.thekaraokechannel.com/sto...001/c-3979.htm
Old March 11th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBoo View Post
I saw "downloads" in the Karaoke Channel web FAQ, and sure enough, they are offering them too... Probably the very same SC modified songs...

http://www.thekaraokechannel.com/sto...001/c-3979.htm
The Karaoke Channel is a sudsidiary of Stingray Music which is a production company in Canada. They produce there own tracks with or without Lyrics. It appears they don't put any (or show) any splash screen at the beginning of their tracks. I am willing to bet that isn't the case on the download versions. Unlike SC they do have new releases, so I doubt very seriously that they are SC's products.
Old March 11th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Honor Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
The Karaoke Channel is a sudsidiary of Stingray Music which is a production company in Canada. They produce there own tracks with or without Lyrics. It appears they don't put any (or show) any splash screen at the beginning of their tracks. I am willing to bet that isn't the case on the download versions. Unlike SC they do have new releases, so I doubt very seriously that they are SC's products.
Interesting thing is, I have Dish Network that carries them. When it first started, it was Sound Choice music on there. I never really watched until this thread came up. I just now checked, and the splash screen is removed but they sure do seem like SC tracks. Sumpin' fishy goin' on here.
Old March 24th, 2009, 08:47 PM

Sound Choice now has a page about downloads that says it is coming soon to offer "video" downloads
Old March 24th, 2009, 08:55 PM

Chartbuster is a little further along and has some samples they say are available but the program to run the was currently unavailable
Old April 7th, 2009, 09:22 PM

I contacted PopHits (yes they are still around) and they said they are trying to work out the legalities of offing downloads. It looks like the big 3 companies that I but from will all be offering downloads before long
Old April 13th, 2009, 05:18 PM

I recently downloaded karaoke for the first time from select-a-track- it is a site in the UK- the have some legends, sunfly- some other formats that I have never heard of- I was pleased with what I downloaded- it is $3.00/song- It was good for getting single songs that I could not find- unless I purchased an whole disk of other songs that I already had. They also have some Hannah Montana songs that you cannot get here yet.
Old June 7th, 2009, 09:19 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjim View Post
I agree with you Dale, if there is money to be made leagally I'm sure Sound Choice would make it with no help from anybody. They surely would not give the rights to some no name company who is removing "Sound Choice's" name from the tracks.

Jim
Actually it looks they did 2 years ago.
SC addressed this here about 15 posts down. (or a few posts up if the link takes you to the bottom of the page).

Sam
Old June 8th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator

Sam their post was only 2 days ago, but definately a good find and it looks like they are saying Stingray Digital will be handling the legal download side of their business.
I did check the Stingray Digital website and their Karaoke downloads are all Video (WMV) versions. Definately not something I would want to use at this time.

Last edited by ddouglass; June 8th, 2009 at 12:41 AM.
Old June 8th, 2009, 03:18 AM
VIP

I think one point of the post was that the even though the tracks are being licensed to Stingray, SoundChoice's logo was not, which is why the tracks Stingray sells (under various brand names??) have the look and feel of SC but will have a different or no Brand name attached.

Sam
Old August 11th, 2009, 03:23 PM

Yes, from what I can tell, the graphic part is exactly they same as SC but they add a different logo. The main thing is the graphics and music are the same. And SC plans to do the same thing when they are ready to offer the downloads. That way they can tell if its a CD version or a download version if they decide to check you.
Old September 27th, 2009, 10:34 PM

Importing downloaded Karaoke Songs

I have read what everyone has said about illegal downloads. I have purchased a few songs and downloaded them as zip files. Then I unzipped them and tried to import them into Hoster. It imports them as HDD and they just don't work. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Steve
Old September 27th, 2009, 10:47 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post
I have read what everyone has said about illegal downloads. I have purchased a few songs and downloaded them as zip files. Then I unzipped them and tried to import them into Hoster. It imports them as HDD and they just don't work. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Steve
Tell us the procedure you used to import them and we can probably tell where you went wrong.

Also the manual that comes with Hoster covers the subject pretty well. Look for Hoster manual at the top of your playlist screen.
Old September 27th, 2009, 10:52 PM

Downloading Karaoke Songs

First I pay for the Karaoke songs and download them. Then I unzip them. Then I go into Hoster and import from my hard drive. I have also copied the CDG's onto a CD and tried importing them that way. Can I import them from a zip file?
Old September 27th, 2009, 11:36 PM

Where I get my downloads

I am using http://buykaraokedownloads.com to download my Karaoke songs.
Old September 28th, 2009, 01:10 AM
Super Moderator

From what I see their tracks are MP3+G zipped. This means there are two files inside each Zipped file, an MP3 (Audio) and a CDG file (Lyrics). If you are unzipping them before importing them then you have to use the "+G button or MP3+G button (depending on the version of Hoster) to import these. After you select where they are then you will see all the songs listed in that folder. What you are seeing is the MP3 file. Hoster knows there is a CDG file with it that it adds to the KMA file.
These should show in Hoster as HDMP3G. I am not sure where you are getting HDD because that is not a category used by Hoster.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 05:04 PM

Songverter has a Zip file converter.