MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old December 21st, 2001, 10:53 PM

Angry MS2.312 Doesn't Detect Ricoh MP9120A

I can'get MicroStudio 2.312 to detect the Ricoh MP9120A in the
'Use CDROM Drive' field. On the supported drive list it indicates
this drive will work okay.
I'm only interested in reading some CDG disks bought from the
local music store which have a *.cda format. I'm trying to use
the home computer system to play Karaoke music with graphics.
And after hours of work downloading latest ASPI drivers, latest
Direct X drivers, latest Windows Media Player, all kinds of other
Karaoke players i still can't get Karaoke on the home computer.
Out of all the players looked at, the MTU software looks like it
has the best potential to give me a PC based Karaoke system.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Old December 24th, 2001, 10:41 AM

This is for Audio that it will work Ok. If you click the Audio button under Duplicate disc, then you will see this drive show up. This drive will not support Karaoke.
Old December 24th, 2001, 08:17 PM

I saw the same list.

I just ordered the Micro 2.314 downloadable and am waiting for it.

It says that Plextor's plexwriter 24/10/40a will work, and I believe that is the one that you ship with the package deal.

My plextor does not show up in the cd section either. I am trying it on the demo and did have to update my ASPI first.

It didn't take that long thanks to your "how to install thread" so no big deal on time. I just hope that it recognizes my drives.

Any comments?
Old January 7th, 2002, 12:56 PM

The demo version of 2.312 won't support the Plextor 2410TA. The full version of Microstudio 2.314 does in deed support this drive, thus the reason that the Plextor 2410TA didn't show up in the Demo version.
Old January 8th, 2002, 10:57 AM

I'M A LITTLE CONFUSED

I'M STILL RUNNING MICROSTUDIO 2.312 AND HAVING NO PROBLEMS. AM I UNDERSTANDING CORRECTLY THAT VERSION 2.314 WILL RECONIZE ALL CD ROM DRIVES, BUT NOT SUPPORT ALL OF THEM? I NOTICED IN THIS THREAD THAT A PLEXTOR 24/10/40 CD RW WAS PURCHASED AND WILL NOT WORK. BUT THE ADMINSTRATOR SAID IT WOULD. I GUESS I AM A LITTLE DENSE OR MAYBE A WHOLE LOT DENSE, BUT WAS THE DRIVE PURCHASED FROM MTU? IF IT WAS PURCHASED FROM MTU, I'M SURE IT WAS TESTED BY THEM BEFORE SHIPPING. I'M SURE YOU CAN BUY THESE PRODUCT FROM OTHER SOURCES OTHER THAN MTU, BUT DOES THIS MEAN THAT THEY ARE CDG TESTED BEFORE SHIPPED OUT.
I KNOW I'M A LITTLE STUBBORN ,AFTER ALL I AM FROM THE SHOW ME STATE,BUT I LIKE TO KNOW THAT SOMETHING WILL WORK FOR ME BEFORE I BUY. BRIAN, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF I WOULD BUY A PLEX WRITER SOMEWHERE ELSE CAN I BE SURE THAT IT WILL BE SUPPORTED WITH MTU'S PROGRAMS? HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY. I ALREADY HAVE THE 16/10/40A PLEX WRITER THAT I PURCHASED FROM MTU.
Old January 8th, 2002, 01:18 PM

Meester Ham,
Yes you can buy the drive from anywhere you like and as long as it is the Plextor 1610TA or 2410TA it is supported by Microstudio. We just can't guarantee that the exact drive that you purchase will copy the Karaoke correctly. It might have distorted graphics, thus the reason for our testing. The Plextor 2410TA is supported and does work fine, you must have Microstudio 2.314 installed though for the drive to be recognized.
Old January 8th, 2002, 02:30 PM

THANKS BRYAN

THANK FOR RESPONDING. YOU GAVE ME THE ANSWER I WAS LOOKING FOR. YOU CAN BET THAT WHEN I NEED ANOTHER DRIVE I WILL PURCHASE IT FROM MTU. THAT WAY I KNOW IT WILL BE TESTED AND DO WHAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO DO.
THANKS AGAIN
Old January 25th, 2002, 12:17 AM

Plextor Dive

I have a brand new TDK Velo 24x CD-R that is supposed to be made by Plextor. Microstudio does not recognize the drive as having Karaoke capabilities, however, I can read and write CD+G when using Clone CD to copy an entire disk. Is there a reason why this drive is not recognized? I have the latest version of Microstudio (2.314)

thanx

A.J. Porter
http://ajporter.net
Old January 28th, 2002, 10:49 AM

AJ,
The TDK 12x VeloCD did contain a Plextor mechanism. However, the TDK 24X drive contains a Sanyo mechanism, not a Plextor.

The TDK 24x drive supports the RAW DAO 96 mode, which is what CloneCD uses to copy Karaoke CDG discs. However, it does not support the CDG mode.

The RAW DAO 96 mode can only make duplicate discs. It does not allow reading or writing individual tracks. Thus, you cannot use our Custom Assembly, Import Tracks or Play Tabs which all access individual tracks from the Karaoke disc.

This is the reason the TDK 24x drive doesn't work with Microstudio for Karaoke CDG discs. You can see that it does work for Audio use.