MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old May 11th, 2004, 10:44 PM

Cdg

Can downloaded cdg's be copied using mtu software and an mtu burner or only original cdg's on a cd and if so, is there anything special I need to do.

Desperate in Phoenix
Old May 13th, 2004, 01:00 PM

Downloaded cdg's??

I don't have dsl or cable internet connection. For me downloading a cdg would take forever.

Are you talking about files that are 20 to 60 megabytes? If not, then Microstudio will probably not burn them because they are probably some other kind of file.

If you are downloading cdg files (usually 20 to 60 megabytes ) maybe from a place that sells Karaoke one song at a time, then Microstudio would be able to put them in an assembly list just like others extracted from your own disc or created in KHPRO.

If you're not sure about your files, then either try and burn them or play them using Microstudio play.
Old May 14th, 2004, 10:40 AM

jaspette,
Most likely the downloaded .cdg files that you are referring to are combined with .mp3 files. These files are not supported by our software.

The only files that you can copy with our software are ones that are on the original discs.
Old May 14th, 2004, 07:30 PM

Perhaps This Helps

Jaspette, you asked what you would need to do.

Assuming that your downloaded files are not cdg files in the sense of the correct files used by Microstudio.

Anything that can be played on the computer can be recorded as, or converted to a wave file. The computer can "record" any sound played on the computer and save it as a wave file. Most sound files can be directly converted to wave file. Once you have a wave file you can use KHPRO to add lyrics and create cdg files, which will certainly work with Microstudio.

I don't know how desperate you are in Phoenix but maybe you can use this info.

I heartily recommend the MTU Karaoke products including Microstudio, KHPRO, Vogone, and Keyrite. I don't know about Hoster but it seems to also work wonderfully.

Good Luck

Last edited by jahern; May 14th, 2004 at 07:48 PM.
Old May 16th, 2004, 12:15 AM

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it