MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old March 30th, 2004, 08:15 PM

Need Microboards QD-2 Help!!!

I recently purchased a used QD-2 off of e-bay and was copying my CD+G's with no problem untill I hit #80. During copying disc #80 the machine quit reacting and never finished the copy process. I ejected the copy and 12 1/2 of 16 songs copied and will play. After that the tray where the original goes would not go back in until I powered down and back on. this happened again later that day only part of the disc copied and then locked up. With exception of the previously mention 2 times that it made a partial copy the machine when start is pressed just spits out the original cd. Keep in mind that I had already coppied 80 disc's with no problem. Microboards wants to blame the Masters saying that the Maste is bad but I tried some of the masters that were previously seccessful as well as purchasing a brand new Audio CD and got the same problem. It spits it out before it can read the disc to determin if there is a problem with the Master or not. Has anyone had similar problems with the QD-2 or a CD Rom before. Please Help!

I know that the drives are AFREEY Model #CD-2052E. Anyone heard of problems with this model before. Seems almost like the cd is not turning or the laser reader is not transporting. By the way I get the same problem regardless of mode I'm in. HELP!

Thanks
John
Old March 31st, 2004, 02:04 PM

John,
I am sorry but this is not a product that we know of or sell. Your best bet is going back to the Manufacturer, again.

We sell a Standalone duplicator on our site, if you would like to purchase that but it is not the Microboards brand and it has Plextor drives in it. You can see it at: http://www.mtu.com/basics/karaokecdr-duplicator.htm