MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old August 21st, 2003, 07:20 PM
VIP

Question for Microstudio & Hoster users

Is any one having a problem getting clean imports from Chartbuster brand using Microstudio or Hoster

After importing 600 disks for Hoster the only ones I have serious problems getting clean graphics from (no garbage on the screen) seems to be Chartbusters (about 120 disks) . Of the very few CB disks with no problems every track is clean while the rest of the disks every track has some garbage - which is bad for this brand as the screen never refreshes like SC does - on some tracks by the end of the song their is so much garbage its unusable.

These disks all play perfectly in my JVC 3 tray. There are no scratches and have always been kept in a jewel case.

On other brands I can sometimes backup the disk with microstudio and then import into hoster and the garbage problem disappears, but not with the CB's it seems. Importing as KMA with Hoster or as CDG with microstudio shows the same garbage in the same screen positions.

It doesn't matter what speed I read at, or whether the disk is new or used.

Has any one else had this problem? How did you overcome it?
Is it poor media quality from CB? Will a certified burner from MTU gaurentee
it can overcome the problem?

Anyone have any thoughts or solutions?
Thanks.
Sam
Old March 3rd, 2004, 09:16 PM

I believe what you are expieriencing is this, the extra track is the culprit. Use microstudio and import your tracks when it starts hanging up on the last track, eject the cdg and you will get and error message. You will have a full cdg on your hard drive ready for export to your hoster. If you like put it in your player and time the song if you have another cdg with the same song look how long the song is. Then burn at 1X and eject say 10 seconds after the time is up. If you notice when in import tracks the last track is a few seconds and the last song track is usually way over in time. The 120 cdg I venture a guess is Essentials 1 thru 4? Check them for the extra track such as the E4 disk 30 has a bunch on it, which is advertising.
The plextor and microstudio will do all of the above.
Old March 4th, 2004, 05:49 AM
VIP

Finally I get a reply

Swany, Thanks for the reply.
It doesn't matter whether it's multi-session or not, some imports are crappy and some are not.
Since I got no reply I figured it was just my plextor that was the problem so I went ahead and got the MTU certified plextor but it produces the same results (although the package was still shrink wrapped when I got it so I question whether it was actually tested and certified).

I solved the problem by no longer purchasing Chartbuster discs.
However thanks again for the reply after all this time.

Sam
Old March 4th, 2004, 11:25 AM

Mindonstrike,
The drives from Plextor aren't "Shrink Wrapped", they are in a anti-static bag. Once the drive has been removed here at MTU, we place it back in this Anti-static bag, which helps protect the drive from any static electricity.

As to the problem with Chartbusters, I have not had any other clients complaining of this. If anyone else if having problems with Chartbuster discs breaking up graphics please post yes in this thread.
Old May 11th, 2004, 07:39 PM

Question for Sam,
You state Chartbuster... question is... is this happenig on all the tracks or just the last few on each disc?

There are some brands out there that try to pack the disc to the limit... once you get past track 15, the rotational balance of the cd is not as stable as the inner tracks and will cause this type of graphical error. Other brands just suck all around.

Karl
Old June 20th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Frequent Member

chartbuster garbled

yes,i had this problem with my copys i solved it by getting a new triple tray. they play perfect in that one,the other was five yrs old and i guess the laser gets a little off. the all play fine in hoster. Bob
Old June 20th, 2004, 04:14 PM
Administrator

Bobcox, I am wondering if you following the Manual Steps to Import Good Tracks steps 1-6?

If not, it might be a good idea to try one or two discs with this process, then let us know. As MTUSUPPORT posted, we've not seen this problem on so many discs as you report.

Also, are the Chartbuster discs scratched? This can also cause broken graphics or random dots appearing in the letters or the background. What condition are the discs in?
Old June 20th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Frequent Member

Smile chartbuster

as stated I found the problem was with my player. when i replaced that problem whent away. disc were in great shape, most were new.