MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 26th, 2018, 08:05 PM

importing mp3+g files

quick question.. I am considering purchasing a collection from a person who has put all his disc on a hard drive. they are in mp3 format. around 30k songs. what is the best way to import them into hoster. feel free to call or text me as well cause i may not be on here when are and i need to knw pretty quick as he has a few others interested.
Old February 27th, 2018, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator

Re: importing mp3+g files

Quick question but answer not so quick.
Short answer best way to import them is through the Import songs menu/index songs dialog.
Depending on your version of Hoster it may read as Index HDfiles or something similar.

Things to consider:.
Are you intending to import as kma type or kmh ?
with kma it would copy the files to wherever you store your present files. Kmh you would have the choice of leaving them on the new Hard drive or copying them to your existing storage space before importing them. The later would be my choice then your purchase Hard drive would act as the backup.

Once you have decided you would import them as in my quick answer at the top of this reply.

But how you would set the define field order is dependant on how the files are organised on the hard drive.
Are they in folders by Brand ?
Are they in folders by Disc Id ?
Are the all just in one big folder ?
Read this MTU blog: http://blog.mtu.com/video-hoster/how...n-video-hoster.

Or watch this video on YouTubewhich shows importing with an early version of Hoster but the principle is much the same but it may help you.

Fast forward to about 4.36 as the first bit is really importing None karaoke mp3 files.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjf7fxEK5wk&t=283s

One word of warning, Unless your purchase includes the original disc keeping you 1 to 1 compliant, they would not be legal to use professionally.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old February 27th, 2018, 01:51 PM

Thanks for the help Roy... yes I will be getting the original manufactured discs as well. thats the onl way I put any songs on my computer is if they are legal. Thanks again!
Old April 4th, 2018, 06:46 PM

i will be doing kmh. they are zip files and are in folders by disc brand and sub folder of disc #. i currently can get them in but they keep coming in with the disc name and disc # first. for example when i do a search for a song they come up with that instead of the song title unless i scroll right. the software he used is justkaraoke 2.0 and was imported into that oftware with album/artist/title. whae i watch the video you suggested it looks just like when you are about to rip them in ...is that confussing? sounds confussing to me and i know what im trying to say lol
thanks for all your help!

here is an exaple what mine looks like in the fields & seperators:

SC8917-01 - FELDER DON - HEAVEY METAL (TAKIN A RIDE).ZIP

Last edited by bigjimwhite; April 4th, 2018 at 06:56 PM. Reason: TRYING TO CLARIFY
Old April 5th, 2018, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Jim,
I need to understand exactly your file structure to enable us to set the define field order correct.

As I understand your post. You have a folder for Brand then a sub folder for Disc ID and the zip files within that folder.

Are files within the last folder the full path name with Disc Id- Tr# - Artist - Title ?

I made a short video to help explain my question better here:

http://youtu.be/H6r0MVRAnds?hd=1

The files in the video are mp3+g not zips but that makes no difference to setting define field order.

Let us know then I’ll try making another video showing the importing to suit your file structure.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old April 16th, 2018, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Of the three samples that Roy shows in his video, in my opinion (purely 2¢ worth) the best of those is the 2nd (middle) one. The Brand and DiscID can be taken from the folder structure, and the Track, Artist and Title can be retrieved from the actual file names.

My advice: If possible, set yourself up like the middle folder.