MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 25th, 2003, 07:07 PM

Angry Writing CDG

I am using Microstudio version 2.14+. I have a Plexor CD burner. I am using Windows 98. About 6 months ago I burnt a few CDG's and they turned out beautifully. I sat down this evening to burn a few more and I can use the play tab, import tab, custom assembley tab and it will read to hard drive but when I ask it to write a CD, it will begin by recording the pregap when this gets about a minute or so into recording I get a pop-up window stating Process Busy! Please try again. It will then continue writing the pregap. When it finishes this the drawer opens as if it is done. The CD cannot be used again because it states unwritable. Can you please tell me what is going on? How can I fix this? And why it is doing this? Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Darkis
Old January 29th, 2003, 10:39 AM

Please try making sure that your ASPI Drivers are up to date as stated in this post: http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=493
Old January 29th, 2003, 12:00 PM

MTU Support.

Running Microstudio 2.400.
I thought with 2.400, I did not have to update ASPI Drivers.
Had No problem when Beta testing on old computer with XP.

PS. Trying to post in Tech Help, but it keeps telling me I do not have permition.

DELL Dimension 4550.
XP Home. (Factory Installed)
Intel Pentium 4CPU 2.40Ghz.
768 Mb Ram.
Boot Drive 1 60gig Turbo
Boot Drive 2 80gig
80gig HD (Storage)
Radeon 9550.
Old January 29th, 2003, 12:52 PM
Administrator

Question Are you running yet?

darkis67 first, can you give us the exact version number? 2.14+ is not a valid number. Do you have 2.314?

Second, did the advice help you or are you still not running? If not, you might want to consider upgrading to Version 2.400. It will run under Windows 98 Second Edition (98SE) if that is what you have. If you don't have that, I don't think we would recommend you upgrade Microstudio. It will be difficult for us to diagnose what has changed on your computer to make Microstudio fail this way. It was working, now it is not. ?????

Let us know your status and version number.
Old January 29th, 2003, 03:31 PM

I am running Microstudio 2.314. I am also running Windows 98 not the Second Edition. It is still doing the same thing. I went to the update aspi drivers and did what you said. No change. Yes, it was working and now it is not!
Old January 29th, 2003, 03:52 PM

Hello, I tried again and this time when I reopened Microstudio I got a pop up for Windows Installer. The next window said "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable" In the last post you said I would need my email address and serial number. What do I do with or where do I put this information? Maybe that it what I am not doing, therefore it isn't updating. Possible?
Thanks for you time.
Old January 29th, 2003, 11:57 PM

Darkis67,

When you downloaded MicroStudio, you got an installation icon on your hard drive.

When you click on that icon to install the program, You’ll see the “Enter Authorization Code” screen with two fields on for you to enter...

... your “Email Address” and the other to enter your
...“Serial Number.”

You should have received your serial number on the “Download Instructions” sent to you from MTU when you purchased your product.

If you don’t see that screen, then you probably have a bad download. Download it again, or contact Tech Support by Email.

Hope this will help you.

Jon
Old January 30th, 2003, 04:27 PM

I apologize for lying to you. I am running Windows 98 Second Edition. I told you that I was not. How do I go about upgrading to 2.400. Maybe this will help. I even took a long shot and uninstalled Microstudio then reinstalled it thinking .....I don't know what. Maybe it would change something.
I will try the upgrade next if you can let me know how.
Thanks Much,
Darkis
Old February 2nd, 2003, 09:31 PM

Dave or Bryan,
I am answering your questions from the e-mail. Yes, it was originally installed on this computer and I think the program was purchased and installed around February of 2001.
Old February 4th, 2003, 10:33 AM

Darkis,
Is this problem now fixed? Let us know once you try the firmware upgrade and copying another CD+G.
Old February 6th, 2003, 09:47 PM

Hello Bryan,
Thank you again for your help! Yes, it is burning again for some reason but I am occassionally getting a error message saying:Microstudio caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 017f:bff88396. Can you explain this one to me or something. How do I fix it? Other than getting this pop up several times and ruining things, the software has been okay. I am going to try the information you sent me in just a second. Let ya know.
Darkis
Old February 6th, 2003, 11:23 PM

Dakis67,

I don’t want to be too technical but your question requires a bit of an explanation for reasons that will become evident by the end of this post

This is the perfect solution...

....the quickest way to get rid of Kernell32.dll messages is to upgrade to either Windows 2000 or Windows XP! Neither of these Operating Systems use Kernell32.dll

Meanwhile…

1st. We need to know the complete error message. (Please post it back)

2nd. Try an updated version of your video card driver first, especially if you have a Voodoo card.

3rd. Try disabling any memory resident programs you have running.

4th. You may want to clean boot the computer to help you identify the particular third-party memory-resident software. Note that programs that are not memory-resident can also cause IPF error messages, and

5th. It very difficult to pinpoint your problem as being caused by MicroStudio.

Kernell32.dll errors can be caused for a number of reasons
The Kernel32.dll file is a 32-bit dynamic link library file that is found only in Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows Millenium Edition (Me). The Kernel32.dll file handles memory management, input/output operations, and interrupts.

When you start Windows, Kernel32.dll is loaded into a protected memory space so that other programs do not take over that memory space.

On occasion, you may receive an invalid page fault (IPF) error message. This error message occurs when a program tries to access the Kernel32.dll protected memory space. Occasionally, not always the error message is caused by one particular program, and other times the error message is provoked by multiple files and programs, and/or damaged hardware.

The following conditions can cause Kernel32.dll error messages:

Damaged swap file
File allocation damage
Damaged password list
Damaged or incorrect version of the Kernel32.dll file
Damaged registry
Hardware, hot CPU, over clocking, broken power supply, RF noise, ground bounce, or bad hard disk controller
BIOS settings for Wait states, RAM timing, or other BIOS settings
Third-party software that is damaged or incorrectly installed
.dll files that are saved to the desktop
Non-existent or broken Temp folder
A control panel (.cpl) file is damaged
Incorrect or damaged hardware driver
Incorrectly installed printer drivers or HP Jetadmin drivers
Damaged Java Machine
Damaged .log files
Damaged entries in the History folder
Incompatible or damaged dynamic link library files
Viruses
Damaged or incorrect Msinfo32.exe file
Low disk space
Other problems that depend on the Kernel file.

Best regards,

Jon

P.S. Please post your system configuration AND complete error message.