MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 16th, 2005, 12:19 AM

716a Won't Let Me Write To Cd

NOTE: This only occurs with the Plextor PX-W708 or PX-W712 DVD Recorder Models.

PROBLEM: Microstudio uses an ASPI driver to access the CDR/DVDR drives. Some software damage the access to this ASPI driver.

SOLUTION: Remove Roxio EZ CD Creator 6 and Nero 6. These 2 programs will cause this error.

This is what I get everytime I try to write to disc. I have done all of the above, plus have sent my 716A plextor back to the company, thinking there was something wrong with it. Got it back today and still getting the same error.
I can use Clone CD with no problems, Please tell me what to do
Old March 16th, 2005, 03:24 PM

Re: 716a Won't Let Me Write To Cd

I have updated the information for that Error:

5) Error: 'TEST UNIT READY' command failed on device 1:1:0. Device contains no disc or is not ready. (04h 00h 02h 02h 3Ah 00h

or it might appear as:

Error: 'Start DAO Recording' command failed on device 3:0:0 Disc type is not supported.

ANALYSIS: This occurs with any of the DVD-/+R drives. This includes the Plextor PX-W708, PX-W712 Px-W716 DVD Recorder Models. Some users have seen this when installing some Printer software drivers.

SOLUTION: Remove Roxio EZ CD Creator 6 and Nero 6 or any other Burning program from starting at boot. Most of the time you can go into the programs settings and turn off the option to start the program at Windows Startup. These programs are known to cause this error.
Old March 16th, 2005, 03:53 PM

Wink Re: 716a Won't Let Me Write To Cd

Your solution doen't work for me, I had done all that a long time ago, and still get the same error everytime. I have removed those programs. Is there any other programs that may cause this. I really want to use this program that I bought. Thanks for any other suggestions you may have.
Old March 18th, 2005, 10:50 AM

Bonniej,
I have tested this and come the conclusion that you can get around it.

Here is a list of programs that I have installed and running on my computer, that allows my laptop to correctly work with a Plextor PX-716 drive using Microstudio:

CloneDVD
CloneCD
Alcohol
Nero
EZCdCreator 7
DiscJuggler
Musicmatch
Winamp

I have them all set so none of them startup when the computer first boots, this is the only way to make them work.

There could be some Printer or Camera software that also uses the ASPI drivers, that could cause this problem. You might try making sure that you disable any programs dealing with these listed above or digital camera software from starting when you boot. You can always open the program after the system is booted.

I have noticed also that if I use Nero, and then try to use Microstudio, I must reboot to clear out, whatever Nero does to the ASPI driver, because it will then cause this error.
Old March 30th, 2005, 09:12 AM

Still trying to get this program to work for me, I have nothing starting in my startup, I have disabled everything, taken everything out of my computer and still can't do anything, about ready to give up here.
Old March 31st, 2005, 11:19 AM

There is still something that is causing this. Please try going to the Start Menu\Run type in Msconfig. Open this program. Now select Diagnostic Startup, this will only boot the items needed for Windows.

Then Reboot your computer and try again. If it works, there is a program that is causing the problems. You will then need to find what that program is, that you have installed and remove it.
Old April 1st, 2005, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniej
NOTE: This only occurs with the Plextor PX-W708 or PX-W712 DVD Recorder Models.

PROBLEM: Microstudio uses an ASPI driver to access the CDR/DVDR drives. Some software damage the access to this ASPI driver.

SOLUTION: Remove Roxio EZ CD Creator 6 and Nero 6. These 2 programs will cause this error.

This is what I get everytime I try to write to disc. I have done all of the above, plus have sent my 716A plextor back to the company, thinking there was something wrong with it. Got it back today and still getting the same error.
I can use Clone CD with no problems, Please tell me what to do
Something similar happen to me once after upgrading to a new version of micro, my solution was to completely un-installed Micro and than re-install, it fixed everything!
Old April 3rd, 2005, 06:21 PM

OK, OK I have tried everything that you have told me and then some, Nothing is working, Just checked again my aspi driver to make sure I have the right one, which I do, Could there be something wrong with the driver itself, I can use Clone cd and copy Disks, could that be because Clone doesn't use Aspi drivers.

Thanks for all the suggestions even tho none of them work
Old April 3rd, 2005, 07:35 PM

How about downloading the aspi driver from CDRwin, click on the link below and download the Goldenhawk aspi driver or just download the demo version, this way it will check if you have the correct aspi and it will ask if you want to install, this should do the trick!

www.goldenhawk.com/download.htm

Good Luck!
Old April 3rd, 2005, 11:34 PM

I have cdrwin on my computer now and doesn't recognize that I have cd+g capibilities Gonna mess with it again and see what I can do Thanks
Old April 7th, 2005, 12:43 AM

Bryan, Heard about the 3.0 that will be coming out, Do you think the upgrade will help my problems that I am having with this program?
Old April 7th, 2005, 11:30 AM

This might fix it. I have not been able to see this new version yet either, as soon as I do, I will allow you to try and test it for me also.
Old April 26th, 2005, 12:07 AM

Bryan, I am so excited, I finally got this program to work, only after reading some other of the folks problems, all I did was remove Alcohol 120 off my computer and now I'm burning cd's. Thanks for all the help. Might want to add Alcohol, along with ez creator and Nero 6 to remove.
Old April 26th, 2005, 11:27 AM

Glad you got it working. I have alcohol installed on my system and it will still work, but you must make sure that it does not start at boot up.