MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 8th, 2007, 05:52 PM

Anyone know of software like this?

I don't know if there is any software like this or not. I am looking for some software, where you could mix karaoke songs. I don't mean adding a bunch of full karaoke songs together. I would like to sing part of a karaoke song, then have it transition (flow) into another karaoke song, where you wouldn't notice a huge change in tempo or the music as it transitions. You would be able to incorporate several songs, one after another. I hope I haven't confused anyone.

Thanks
Old May 8th, 2007, 07:05 PM

you would have to rip the audio for each track and mix them, then save the mixed version.

Then you'd have to recreate the lyrics for all the songs in the mix.

not fun......but possible
Old May 8th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Creating a Medley has been requested before. What you need to do is:

1. Import all the Karaoke songs you want, selecting AUDIO, not Karaoke.

2. Get an audio editor that allows editing to the sample level.

3. Open each of the Audio .wav files, one at a time, edit them to the length you want for each, and save them individually. BE SURE you start each song with the waveform at the zero crossing, and it going up from there (positive). BE SURE you end each song with the waveform at zero crossing, and it come up from underneath (negative). This will prevent any clicks at the appended points.

4. Open the first file for your Medley, and append all the others to the ends of each as 1-2-3-4-5...

5. Play across the joining points and make sure they sound OK. Edit accordingly to your taste.

6. Export the appended Medley as a .wav file.

7. Run MTU's Karaoke Home Producer, and open the .wav Medley file.

8. Type in the lryics, or import the parts you want (edit in Notepad or in KHPro) for each of the Medley file parts. This must be in a single, long Text Entry window. I'd save it to the HDD before placing just in case.

9. Place the Lyrics to the music. Adjust the Lyrics after placement to your liking.

10. Export as a .BIN file ( or .CDG if you have prior to 4.106).

Play the BIN file. VOILA......... You're done. There is NO OTHER way I can think of to accomplish this "custom" assembly you want to have.

Enjoy singing your Medley. This works as we've had many KHPro users in the past do exactly this.
Old May 8th, 2007, 09:51 PM

Thank you, I'll try it.