MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Testimonials

Hoster Testimonials Do you like Hoster?

Old September 16th, 2003, 11:02 AM

Very Pleased

I received my Holster Laptop, CDG Writer, and external hard drive, all set up an ready to go on 9/3/03. On that day I started importing my 681 discs, and just finished loading them today, 9/16/03.

I then set up the laptop for a test at home. Everything worked perfectly. The sound is excellent and the graphics seem to be better than when playing CDG's. I no longer am getting lyrics messed up. Every track I played so far was crystal clear.

I could not be more pleased with the equipment and software. I had a few questions that needed answering, the first two days I had the equipment, and both Doug and Brian Cox could not have been more helpful.

This Thursday, I will have my first show without using discs and I am looking forward to it. On Friday, I'll post again to let all know how it went.

Dave
Old September 16th, 2003, 11:57 AM

Dave,
I am glad that you are happy with the Software and the System purchased from MTU.

Thanks for being a good customer for us to work with! That makes all the diffence in the world.
Old September 19th, 2003, 12:21 PM

Here is the report on my first outing using Holster.

We work at a Mexican Bar and Resturant ,and even though we don't speak Spanish, we have a very large selection of Spanish songs, and a very large following. About 50% of our singers are Hispanic and they LOVE to sing.

However, this all makes for a very, very hectic work environment, with everyone wanting to sing, NOW. So my first day using Holster was under pressure.

I set up my laptop, mixer, and also a CDG player, because I need that for the VCD's and Sound Choice songs #15, which I could not import.

I used a frequency modulator from Radio Shack which let me input from both S-Video and RCA, to three TV's. I set everything up, and held my breath when I turned on the laptop. All was well.

We had ten singers in the playlist right from the start and it never let up for five hours.

I did not have a bit of trouble. The sound was just as good as from a CDG and the graphics were better. I did not have one song with the words distorted on the screen.

I love the software, and I am very glad that I bought my Laptop, burner, and backup from MTU. It came all set up and ready to go. I am not computer literate enough to try to set everything up myself. I could do it, but it would take a long time, and hard on the nerves.

By the way, I have an 80 gig harddrive and after importing almost 700 discs at 128Kb compression, I still have 25 gig available. Seems like a miracle that all that information could go into a laptop.

Thank you MTU for a great product.

Dave
Old October 12th, 2003, 09:30 AM

Follow up:

I have now used my laptop with Hoster for 7 shows, and everything has worked flawlessly. A hard job has become a lot easier with Holster.

Most of the time we have about 15 singers waiting to sing. It takes a couple of minutes to enter them in the playlist, and I then just sit back and enjoy the show. No more fumbling with CDG's for each singer. I just hit play, and that is it.

If you do Karaoke Hosting, do yourself a favor and buy Hoster.
Old February 24th, 2004, 12:35 PM

Another Follow Up:

I now have used Hoster for 5 months, and all still remains as above. No problems at all.

Today I upgraded to version 2.124, and I see some nice improvements to the program. I had a little problem with the registration, but one phone call to Brian at MTU, and he solved the problem. I was putting in an incorrect email address. As soon as I put in the correct address, the installation worked perfectly.

ADMIN NOTE: In 2.2 versions we added a lot of error messages that can tell you exactly what is wrong when trying to register an upgrade. We also save all your installation/registration data (email, RegCode, name, address, etc.) so you don't have to enter it each time... IF you use Hoster to remove any prior versions it finds. If you use Windows Add/Remove program, it can remove all our saved data so you must enter it again.

I have to compliment MTU for their excellent support. You don't feel like just a number when dealing with Doug or Bryan. It is more like dealing with a good friend.
Old September 7th, 2004, 11:54 AM

Smile Re: Very Pleased

Another update. It has been just about a year now since I started using Hoster, and the laptop purchased and set up by MTU. Still very pleased, and I have never had a problem of any kind. We work three nights a week, 5 hours a night, in a Mexican Bar with very hectic conditions, and Hoster makes it all easy.