MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old December 5th, 2004, 10:15 AM

Red face Video out

I am considering going to a computer version of karaoke using the hoster software. I have been hosting for 2 1/2 years now. Currently my disc player has a rca video out to my mixer/amp and the amp has three rca video outs to three different tv screens. My question is will i be able to run a video out from my computer video card to my amp and still have the ability to go to three TV screens. I know the video card has to be a dual video card.

Thanks for the help.
Old December 5th, 2004, 07:44 PM

Re: Video out

The way I have things set at the moment is I run an s-video out to a Radio Shack RF box, then use standard cable out from the RF box (for bar TV's or whatever), then use the rca outputs on the RF box to my singers display.

When I was playing in Pittsburgh, most of the bar TV's didn't have RCA inputs (cheapest brands sold at wal-mart). Using the coax output, I could plug in a splitter and have the outputs I needed.
Old December 5th, 2004, 08:26 PM

Yeah my amp has a rca in and then it has three rca outs to go to each TV. WHat I am wanting to know is will this still work coming from the computer instead of my vocopro player.
Old December 5th, 2004, 08:56 PM

To the best of my knowledge, you will still need the RF box (think mine was like $30). Just run from the video card to the RF box, then out to the amp ...
Old December 7th, 2004, 07:17 PM

Isn't there any way to avoid using the RF modulator? I used to have to use one years ago when my tv monitor didn't have RCA video inputs, and I could never get more than 6 months out of one. I only used the Radio Shack ones, and they just couldn't withstand the constant plugging and unplugging. I have heard that Soundblaster makes an external video card with RCA outputs, but would I STILL need the RF modulator?
Old December 7th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Blocked From MTU.Community

blastenfrog
video card has a rca out and or svideo you can use thre rca out the same way you did for your player
the only reason you need an rf modulator is if the tv you want to use does not have rca video in
hope this helps