MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old January 2nd, 2006, 11:04 AM

The low pay from the bars is why I no longer do bars, unless they pay my rate, which is $125 per hour with a 4 hour minimum, which comes to $500 per gig. I will occasionally get a one-time job at a bar for a special party. But, my business focuses on private parties, which I have no problem booking at my rate. I can do as little as 2 private parties per week for an income of $1000 instead of 5 bars per week for a grand total income of $750. The math just doesn't add up for me to do bars, as you can see. My time, talent, investment is worth much more to me. I will not give it away.
Old January 2nd, 2006, 11:31 AM

Talking Spoken like a true professional emcee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjswaim
The low pay from the bars is why I no longer do bars, unless they pay my rate, which is $125 per hour with a 4 hour minimum, which comes to $500 per gig. I will occasionally get a one-time job at a bar for a special party. But, my business focuses on private parties, which I have no problem booking at my rate. I can do as little as 2 private parties per week for an income of $1000 instead of 5 bars per week for a grand total income of $750. The math just doesn't add up for me to do bars, as you can see. My time, talent, investment is worth much more to me. I will not give it away.
I rest my case
Warm regards
Glen
Old January 2nd, 2006, 02:04 PM
Frequent Member

ive been dealing with those half price KJs for 8 yrs now. and have stuck to my price. i still get bars calling me to replace them at my price.
I saw a kj get paid $22.50 for 41/2 hours one night and he was in bussiness for 2 yrs before i started. (I now own his equipment) bought him out 4 yrs ago. bar owners think karaoke is karaoke, but sometimes they wise up and then you will get your price. STICK TO IT. we have KJs in this area that will work for drinks but most get $125 for 4 hrs. i would not load my van for that. if your good you will win. sound and selection has kept us on top for 8 yrs now and it doesnt hurt to have a beautiful woman at your side who is friendly and curtious to the cust. Bob
Test Machine #1
Windows XP-PRO SP3
Dell 4700c P4 3.2 GHz
2 Gigs pc2-ddr 4200 Ram
seagate 320 Gig SATA Hard Drive
107 Gigs free
Internal Sound Card
NEC 6650a Internal DVD/RW Slimeline
Jaton Nvidia 8400GS-Ex 512 Megs Ram On Board
All windows Updates