MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old May 27th, 2003, 05:09 PM

Shinco DVD-3838 and other New Players

I recently purchased a Shinco DVD-3838. It plays everything you can imagine; dvd,cd,vcd,cdg, mp3 disc, etc.

It has two microphone jacks and changes key on the fly.

Problems: 1.I couldn't get rid of the track time. (No biggie for me)

2. This machine has some sort of built in Zoom when playing cdg. The lyrics look bigger but they sometimes get clipped. (BIGGIE!!!)

The sales rep to the store told me there was nothing I could do about it!!!!!. Fortunately the store switched it out for me to a different model FYI

Last edited by jahern; June 4th, 2003 at 01:31 PM.
Old May 27th, 2003, 06:19 PM

Post VocoPro Has One Too

Vocopro also sells a single tray player that plays all of these formats. I havn't tried it, but have seen it advertised...Wayne
Old May 28th, 2003, 03:33 PM

About the Vocopro dvg-380k

I tried this unit. (I think I got the name right) It might just be my imagination, but I thought that the key-changer function left a little to be desired. At times the songs made a clicking noise when the key was changed similar to when I first used a Sega Saturn game player to play my Karaoke cds!! It had a key changer too and it made that noise.

I ended up with a new RJ Tech player (RJ3600). Knock on wood, it sounds good and I can even adjust the mike volume with the remote. There is a vga plug on the back but I am not yet sure if that means it will "power" a computer monitor or if it means that if I plug it into my computer it will come up on a TV screen (probably the former)

Last edited by jahern; May 28th, 2003 at 08:59 PM.
Old May 28th, 2003, 10:32 PM
Frequent Member

Re: About the Vocopro dvg-380k

Quote:
Originally posted by jahern
I tried this unit. (I think I got the name right) It might just be my imagination, but I thought that the key-changer function left a little to be desired. At times the songs made a clicking noise when the key was changed similar to when I first used a Sega Saturn game player to play my Karaoke cds!! It had a key changer too and it made that noise.

I ended up with a new RJ Tech player (RJ3600). Knock on wood, it sounds good and I can even adjust the mike volume with the remote. There is a vga plug on the back but I am not yet sure if that means it will "power" a computer monitor or if it means that if I plug it into my computer it will come up on a TV screen (probably the former)
this might help: taken from
http://www.acekaraoke.com/acekaraoke/hrjtpl3200.html
VGA Video Port Out - Plays on computer monitors or projectors for superior clarity
Old May 28th, 2003, 11:17 PM

THANKS DANNY_G
Old May 29th, 2003, 01:12 AM
Frequent Member

by the way I owned the predecessor cdg player and amp to VocoPro when the name was VocoMaster- loved the plyer but had major problems with the amp- kept blowing the fuse.

a buddy of mine had a VOCO Pro amp and CDG2000 player had nothing but problems with the player, but the amp lasted him untill some jerk decided they wanted in on the business and stole all his software- He had all of the original DK 1 through 99- actually I think he didn't have the final two- something about those two having poor selection of songs on them. I got about eight of my discs from the ones they didn't take.
Old May 29th, 2003, 08:52 AM

Speaking of VGA Output....

All:

I went to a show last week that used a flatpanel LCD Monitor instead of aTV. They had it hanging from a light bar and it looked pretty cool.

Has anyone else tried this? Being small and lightweight is always a factor in anything KJ's do so it makes sense. And with them coming down in price to under $200 it is not financially constraining.

Just curious

Madd Matt
Old May 29th, 2003, 11:02 AM
Blocked From MTU.Community

lcd

been using 2 lcd for last 7 months only one in state of md that we know of people love it no glare words are bigger plus we can still hook up to 6 tv at same time makes life real easy.this will be the next move in karaoke.there are 2 ways to do this as of right now
Old May 29th, 2003, 01:39 PM

Question LCD

mikedombroski,

What size LCD are you using and how wide of an angle can you see the screen from?

I had the idea of trying an LCD sometime back but when comparing it to my laptop I was afraid that it might be a little harder to see the screen except from directly in front of it.

Thanks,

Kelly
Old May 29th, 2003, 04:57 PM
Blocked From MTU.Community

lcd

laptop is 15.7 singer lcd is low end 14.1 view angle is not real great but it does not have to be it will do 4 singers standing next to each other with no problem you can buy better viewing but why .you still have tv to use.and be sides that14.1 sell for about 199.00 which is what 13 in tv use to cost. what you need to do is buy one were you can take the base off
use you tv stand that you have now.take the top off were the tv would go .we use a large wood dal with a plate made to fit the bracket bottom of the lcd so you still use your tv stand for the lcd.
then when you have a show out side you can take that off and still use your tv. lcd should not be used out side in sun they are very hard to see but indoors they are great.YOU DO NOT WANT TO SPEND ALOT OF MONEY ON ONE .IF SOME ONE KNOCKS IT OFF THE STAND OR IF YOU USE TABLE AND SOME ONE KNOCKS IT IN THE FLOOR ITS ABOUT THE SAME AS A TV TO REPLACE THERE IS A SPLITER YOU WILL HAVE TO BUY IF YOU WANT TO USE 2 LCD AND TV YOU PLUG THE CONVERTER IN WERE YOUR 2ND LCD WOULD GO ON THE BACK OF YOUR LAPTOP. THEN YOU PLUG 2ND LCD AND TV IN TO CONVERTER.WE HAVE SOLD ABOUT 30 OF THESE CONVERTERS THEY WORK GREAT.I WILL NOT SELL YOU ONE BECAUSE I WILL NOT SELL ANYTHING IN FORUM BUT I WILL TELL YOU HOW TO BY THEM DIRECT I DONT THINK THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THAT .
Old May 29th, 2003, 06:53 PM

Thumbs up LCD

mikedombroski,

Thanks for the info. I think I'll try it. As far as a TV stand; I've never used one. I agree they can get knocked over fairly easy. This probably sounds funny but I came up with the idea of using a black heavy guage plastic milk crate. I keep extra cords in it and the 13" TV simply fits down into it back first for carrying. Once I'm set up, I angle the TV in it so it resembles more of a floor monitor. Had lots of success with it. Doesn't get knocked over and it makes the view from the audiences stand point more enjoyable and proffessional for the singers. I could do the same with the LCD.

Thanks again,

Kelly
Old May 30th, 2003, 09:24 AM

LCD

All:

I have been scoping out LCD's for a while. Samsung makes a nice one that is not too expensice ($200-$249 for 15" and $349-$400 for 17" ) and has 4 screws holding on the base. It makes it easy to take apart or make a new bracket for it.

Also, Tigerdirect.com had a bunch of LCD monitors C H E A P on sale last month. Keep on eye on the site. I think the 14" was around $150ish?

Thanks for the info. It sounds like it works great
Old June 1st, 2003, 11:12 PM
Frequent Member

DIGIX

anyoneknow of this unit? my upstairs neighbor bought it at a grocery store. tried one of my discs and guess what? It put the lyrics on the tv.

check your cheap costing players cause this one didn't have the CD+G logo anywhere.