MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old October 29th, 2016, 01:05 PM

software upgrade

can't acess web page
Old October 29th, 2016, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Re: software upgrade

Yes, it seems the main site is down, just have to try again later.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old November 3rd, 2016, 09:36 PM

The server was being upgraded, it is up now.
Old November 6th, 2016, 12:06 PM

Roy can you direct me to the instructions for moving software from one laptop to another, I did upgrade to latest video hoster...Moving from Toshiba laptop windows 7,, 32 bit to HP windows 10, 64 bit thanks
Old November 6th, 2016, 12:58 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpattx View Post
Roy can you direct me to the instructions for moving software from one laptop to another, I did upgrade to latest video hoster...Moving from Toshiba laptop windows 7,, 32 bit to HP windows 10, 64 bit thanks
I'll try to help you until Roy is available. First with Hoster open on your old computer, click on "Help" at the top of the page. Then scroll down to "Backup/Restore". When clicking on this you will get a popup advising that Hoster must close to perform the backup. Then you will get a window to start the backup or restore. In this case you want to select Backup and name the file of your choosing, i.e. Hoster 540.04 Backup. Save the file at the default location or save to a place of your choosing. Since you want to move this to the new computer you may want to use a flash drive or external drive to save this so it is available for the new computer. Now open Hoster on the new computer (assuming you have it installed, if not install Hoster). Once Hoster is open on the new computer, go to the Help tab again and click on Backup/Restore as you did before. After Hoster closes down you will have the window as before and this time you will select "Restore". Select where Backup file stored. Open it and let it do it's thing and you should be good to go. Remember to setup your new computer as MTU recommends. I have attached a file to give you directions. Select Windows 8 for the setup.

Hoster Computer Requirements.pdf

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.
Old November 6th, 2016, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

It depends if you just want to transfer all your music files to the new computer or if you want all your singers databases and song lists and all your previous settings transferred, if you just want your music on the new computer then from the Tools Menu select Songs Database then Build database then from the Add Folders or Add Folders/Sub-folders buttons select the folders with your music on and it will build them into your database.
If you want all your previous settings and databases restored you need to copy the whole of the Hoster folder.
I'm assuming your old version was 5.08 and as you stated in an earlier post that does not have the backup/restore feature.
First you need to copy the Hoster folder it would normally be found in C:\MTU, copy the Hoster folder to a USB stick or skydrive or something that you can easily transfer to your new computer.
Now Start Hoster on your new computer, from the Tools Menu select "Hoster Data Folder" Important now close Hoster but leave data folder open. Now go up one in the folder tree so you are in mtu.com folder and can see the Hoster Folder, select it and rename it "Hosterold" tempory as a backup. Now copy the Hoster folder that you saved from your old computer and paste it in that mtu.com folder as a replacement of the one you re named.
If all works correct after doing this, then at some time you can delete the renamed folder.
For this to all work correct your music folders must follow the same file paths as used before, so if your music was on drive E then you must set your external music drive to E for the new computer. If your music was on your C:\ drive then you will need to copy all the music folders as well to match the original file paths.
Instructions to change the drive letter can be found here: http://www.mtu.com/faq-test.php?article=4

Show Backup: Windows 10 Acer Aspire Touch Screen V15, Intel core i5, Iris Graphics 6100 up to 8277mb dynamic video, 16Gb memory, 1 TB hybrid HDD. K-lite Mega pac.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old November 6th, 2016, 07:14 PM

Re: installing software on new computer

Roy, if I knew my registration email, and registration code, I think I would be good to go...I don't remember my email that goes with my account that was fourteen years ago, and I just purchased the upgrade, I guess the reg code was there...I know I'm making this more difficult than it needs to be
Old November 6th, 2016, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

Well I can't tell you what your registration details are they are all held in your online account. The only thing there is to submit a support ticket via the main site.

I do have a suggestion that might help, if you try re installing your old version on your old computer, at one point in the installation you come to the screen where you enter your email and registration, normally that is still filled in for an update. I should note those details down or save a screen shot of it.
Now you could choose to carry on with the upgrade and install that upgrade on the old computer.
Once that is up and running go to Help menu and select Backup/restore and follow WaltR suggestion from then.

Once you have safely created the backup un-install Hoster from that computer and install on new computer using the registration and email you noted earlier. then use the Help/Backup/Restore to complete the setup.
Old November 8th, 2016, 09:26 AM

removed hoster from old laptop while online, when trying to install on new laptop while online it tells me I have max installs (2 computers)
Old November 8th, 2016, 12:08 PM
VIP

You need to put in a support ticket to get this cleared, assuming you don't have Hoster on two computers.

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.
Old November 16th, 2016, 02:09 PM

I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place.. I'm getting a little upset I purchased Video Hoster a long time ago, I purchased micro studio (maybe the entire package) a long time ago.I have video hoster and micro studio on one laptop and video hoster on another laptop, I just upgraded video hoster to 5.41 I'm a simple man I'm 77 and doing great.. my problem.. getting this software transferred to my new computers, is a challenge for me.. when I purchased the upgrade I downloaded it went on my new desktop and it works great...what I need now is to move the video hoster from my old laptop- to my new one, and move the microstudio from another older laptop to my new laptop.. the old laptop with the hoster software is a Dell inspiron 1525, 1.60 GHZ, 3 GB Ram, 64 bit op sys, with windows 7 Ultimate
the new laptop I want to move to is HP 15-g228DS, 2.00GHZ, 8 GB ram. 64 Bit op sys, Windows 10 Home,,,
the Laptop with the micro studio on it is a Toshiba Satellite L455, 2.20 GHZ, 2 GB ram, 32 Bit op sys, windows 7 Home premium....the micro studio is version 4.24....all three of these are online..I have asked for help, Roy and and Walter offered their help and I appricate it, but I'm more confused now than ever....I did put in a call to Bryan, I left a message, no return call...I understand you don't want people to steal your stuff,,but after I purchase it I should be able to use it..these 3 laptops are online right now,,, any help woud be great thanks Ken
Old November 16th, 2016, 02:12 PM

I guess I should have left my number in case Bryan or whoever might want to talk to us 832-232-6624 Thanks Ken & Pat
Old November 17th, 2016, 09:51 AM

Please let us know if your still having issues, I have emailed you everything you should need to get this done.
Old November 18th, 2016, 08:17 AM

Thank you Bryan
Closed Thread