MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 24th, 2016, 08:34 AM

Sweeping Lyrics Out Of Sync

Hey Everyone.

Every week, I play a lot of Solo Guitar/Singing Gigs over my Karaoke tracks, along with some Karaoke gigs.
When I play my Solo Gigs, I have to use "Remove Silence Mode" because most Karaoke songs don't start playing till 10-13sec, and that's too long between songs.

I thought I had finished setting up my new Laptop and was going to use it for the first time tonight for my Solo Gig. I had a last run thru a few songs and noticed when I use "Remove Silence Mode", the sweeping of the lyrics goes way out of sync on a lot of the songs. But when I revert back to "Play Norm Mode" the sweeping is back to normal.
(I ended up using my old laptop for my gig. Phew!)

Please Help....thank you

Cheers

Laptop Computer:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
Ram: 8GB
System type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor
Video Cards:
1x Intel(R)HD Graphics 4600
1x NVIDIA Geforce GT745M

Audio Card: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
Full Windows Touch Support with 10 Touch Points

Last edited by kiwisinger; September 24th, 2016 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Forgot to add something.
Old September 24th, 2016, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Sweeping Lyrics Out Of Sync

I can't say I've experienced this.

Are the ones that go out of sync a particular brand ?

Only you can permantly change the sync value in the edit dialog, if they were all related to a particular brand under the multiples tab list that brand select all and adjust the sync.

You should be able to view the current sync value if you have that column ticked to display.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old September 29th, 2016, 09:19 AM

Hi Roy.

Well, I've tried everything.

* I deleted the song
* Re-imported it.
* Did the S-E scan
* It shows up in "Tools/Edit Songs" window showing YES in the "S-E Set" column etc. Below I've written all the info:

1. Tools / Edit Songs

S-E Set = Yes

Set or Adjust Start-End Points to Remove Silence

Adj Start > 14.24 Adj End > 3.39

Sync ) 0.00

2. Tools / Remove Silence Mode

Add Silence Between Songs:

Before audio start: 2 secs After audio end: 1 secs

* When I play the song, the sweeping starts at 2 secs.

* Music starts at 4 secs.

The "Sweeping" starts before the music starts. I have tried adjusting everything to no avail.

3. Normal Play Mode:

When I switch it back to "Normal Play Mode", its in "Perfect Sync" but the song doesn't start till 15 secs!

I must say, it has been very frustrating trying to figure this out.

Hope you can help me Roy. If you can get me to understand what I'm not doing right, I can fix up the other songs haha

Thank you Roy

Laptop Computer:
Video Cards:
1x NVIDIA Geforce GT745M

Old September 29th, 2016, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

I can't see anything wrong in the way you describe it. Have not seen this problem myself. Only thing I can suggest is to try sending me a copy of the file. I will send you PM message of my email address try attaching it to that.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old September 30th, 2016, 08:27 AM
VIP

Just for giggles, try turning off "Tempo". Probably won't help but give it a try.

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.
Old September 30th, 2016, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post
Just for giggles, try turning off "Tempo". Probably won't help but give it a try.
Worth a try.

Another thing that comes to mind is playing through the HDMI out can cause sync issues.

So in your audio settings which card shows as the "Playlist audio card" ?
And which for "Search Audio Card" ?
Old September 30th, 2016, 01:40 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
Worth a try.

Another thing that comes to mind is playing through the HDMI out can cause sync issues.

Roy you may have hit the nail on the head. On another post he stated he was using an hdmi splitter cable. That may be the culprit!

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.
Old September 30th, 2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Worth a try.

When I started using my new computer with only HDMI output, I had lyric sync problems, but for some reason it rarely shows up anymore and I made no changes...
Old October 13th, 2016, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post
Hi WaltR,

I tried it with the "Tempo" off but it didn't help, but thank you for the suggestion.

Also, regarding the HDMI idea, the problem happens whether or not I have an HDMI plugged in or not, so it's not that either.

Thanx WaltR

Laptop Computer:
Video Cards:
1x NVIDIA Geforce GT745M

Old October 13th, 2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:

Another thing that comes to mind is playing through the HDMI out can cause sync issues

Hi Roy.

1. HDMI
The problem happens even with no HDMI cable plugged in.

2. AUDIO SETTINGS
This is the Audio Card showing in the "Playlist audio card" window: IDT High Definition Audio

The "Search audio card" is blanked out.

Thank you Roy.

PS: Please see my other post "LYRICS NOT SHOWING TILL 30 - 50sec. Things have really gone worse with the "Syncing"

Laptop Computer:
Video Cards:
1x NVIDIA Geforce GT745M

Old October 13th, 2016, 10:03 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwisinger View Post
Hi WaltR,

I tried it with the "Tempo" off but it didn't help, but thank you for the suggestion.

Also, regarding the HDMI idea, the problem happens whether or not I have an HDMI plugged in or not, so it's not that either.

Thanx WaltR
The only thing else I can suggest is to check and see if there is an updated driver for your video card. Other wise, you may want to put in a support ticket.

Old October 13th, 2016, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

You seem to be going from bad to worse.
One thing to check first, is " IDT High Definition Audio" card set as the default card under the Windows own playback settings ?
if not make it so and while your in that dialog set the HDMI audio output to Disabled state, this wont affect the video out.

Your signature shows your using Windows 8.1, has this updated to Windows 10 since you started this thread ?

If so I would say follow Waltr suggestion and update your graphics drivers and perhaps your audio drivers. If no luck with that put in a support ticket.
Old October 14th, 2016, 08:16 AM

Quote:
You seem to be going from bad to worse.
One thing to check first, is " IDT High Definition Audio" card set as the default card under the Windows own playback settings ?
if not make it so and while your in that dialog set the HDMI audio output to Disabled state, this wont affect the video out.

Your signature shows your using Windows 8.1, has this updated to Windows 10 since you started this thread ?

If so I would say follow Waltr suggestion and update your graphics drivers and perhaps your audio drivers. If no luck with that put in a support ticket.
Hi Roy,

1. I've set the IDT High Definition Audio" card as "Default".

2. HDMI I don't no how to set the audio to "Disable?"

2. I still have Win8.1.

3. I've updated all drivers for the Audio & both Video Cards.

Maybe I need to uninstall then reinstall Hoster?? I don't know?

I've taken a few short video clips of whats happening with the songs, and also video clips of my Settings window. Am I able to email these to you? At least you will see whats happening. Just a thought?

Right now I can't use this computer.

Thank you both Roy and WaltR. I appreciate your help very much

Laptop Computer:
Video Cards:
1x NVIDIA Geforce GT745M

Old October 14th, 2016, 09:15 AM
VIP

Quote:
Hi Roy,

1. I've set the IDT High Definition Audio" card as "Default".

2. HDMI I don't no how to set the audio to "Disable?"

2. I still have Win8.1.

3. I've updated all drivers for the Audio & both Video Cards.

Maybe I need to uninstall then reinstall Hoster?? I don't know?

I've taken a few short video clips of whats happening with the songs, and also video clips of my Settings window. Am I able to email these to you? At least you will see whats happening. Just a thought?

Right now I can't use this computer.

Thank you both Roy and WaltR. I appreciate your help very much
To dissable your hdmi audio, first you may have to have an hdmi device hooked up. Go to Windows settings/device manager. You will see a tree listing all devices. At the top or close to it, "audio" should be listed. Click on that and see if a hdmi device is listed. If so, I think you have to right click on it and then select "dissable". Hope this helps.

Old October 14th, 2016, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

As Waltr said you may not see the option to disable the HDMI audio until you are connected to a source.
There are several ways to find the dialog. I find the easiest way is if you have a speaker icon showing on your taskbar right click it and select "Playback devise" when the dialog opens make sur you have the playback tab selected, right click on the HDMI device and select disable.
Then check that the audio default is selected correct which is normally the Speaker or headphone out unless you have a separate sound card.
If you don't have the speaker Icon on your taskbar you can open Hoster?Tools/Settings/Audio then select manage audio cards or alternately go to Windows Control panel and select the sound settings then the playback tab.

Regarding your graphics, is there a setting to select one card or the other, if so select the Intel graphics and disable the nvidea and see how that works or vica versa.

As to as your video clips I've sent you a private message so check your PM.
Old October 14th, 2016, 07:55 PM

Quote:
As Waltr said you may not see the option to disable the HDMI audio until you are connected to a source.
Yes, WaltR was right. The HDMI doesn't show untill it's connected.

Quote:
Then check that the audio default is selected correct which is normally the Speaker or headphone out unless you have a separate sound card.
Yes, I've got that set.

Quote:
Regarding your graphics, is there a setting to select one card or the other, if so select the Intel graphics and disable the nvidea and see how that works or vica versa.
I disabled the NVIDIA Card and (without any external monitor & TV connected) the files play perfectly.

I'll set it up with an external motnitor and TV later this avo and see what happens. But, isn't the NVIDIA graphics card ment for "external" devices? Hmmmm?

Quote:
As to as your video clips I've sent you a private message so check your PM.
Thank you Roy, I'll send those vid clips to you this avo.(my time)

Thank you guys so much. I'd love to get this working for tonight's gig.

Laptop Computer:
Video Cards:
1x NVIDIA Geforce GT745M

Old October 15th, 2016, 06:00 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I disabled the NVIDIA Card and (without any external monitor & TV connected) the files play perfectly.

I'll set it up with an external motnitor and TV later this avo and see what happens. But, isn't the NVIDIA graphics card ment for "external" devices? Hmmmm?

It shouldn't affect the external devise, the N Videa is more for playing high performance games, Hoster should run perfectly OK with intel only. Anyway this proves the problem is with the N-Videa graphics.

Were did you get the updated Driver from ?
Was it from the N-Videa web site ?
If not that is were you need to look.
Old November 3rd, 2016, 09:48 PM

Did you end up getting this fixed? If not I would get the very latest NVIDIA drivers dorect from their site. This is usually the culprit for any sync issues.