MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Keyrite Software > Keyrite 2 Help

Keyrite 2 Help Post Keyrite 2 questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 9th, 2004, 11:48 AM

Reinstalling Keyrite 2.008

I recently purchased keyrite 2.008 and installed it on my laptop.
When I ran the demo prior to purchasing software it worked. I had a problem with my burner so I had it replaced. I then purchased the software. Now my new burner will not work with the software. I have ordered a new plextor burner for my desktop computer from MTU but it has not arrived yet. I tried to install the Keyrite software on my desktop and it tells me it has already been installed on another computer. If I remove the software from my laptop, will the software install on my desktop, or does MTU have to do something to correct?
Thanks
Old January 12th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Let me try to clear up this up

Keyrite does not interface with a CDR drive.

I believe you are referring to the Microstudio program you also purchased, and that you have installed on both of your computers.

Keyrite also can install on 2 computers that you own, but it too is a single user license.

As of today gz53141, you have only attempted to install Keyrite on one computer. If I am wrong, and you truly are trying to install Keyrite on your second computer along with Microstudio, and it is refusing to, please email me directly by clicking the PM button below my post you are reading. Our scripts may have a problem. However, I will be surprised as no one else has had this problem.

As to our support, MTUSUPPORT was off Friday for his Wedding Rehersal and Marriage Saturday. He will be back on Monday, Jan 19th. I received your email today, and came to the Forums to see what the problem was, as your email gave no details. If you still have a question, please PM me below, or post it in this thread.

You caught us at an unusual time, but we are trying to pick up the support as we see any problems.
Old January 28th, 2004, 04:18 PM

My question is similar to the one above. I purchased the Karaoke suite in December - including microstudio, keyrite, vgone and khp. The first machine I installed to began to have problems so I installed it on one of my other machines. I forgot to test the cd burner before installing (it was an hp so I was surprised that it didn't work). So I have uninstalled it from both computers. I have another computer that has a burner and I have tested it with the demo and it works. I have successfully installed the microstudio but when I go to reinstall the other three programs I get an error that says it is already installed on another machine (or two). I have uninstalled it completely from these other two machines. Please help! How can I unregister these programs so I can reinstall?

thank you
sylvia sargent
Old January 28th, 2004, 11:56 PM
Administrator

You can now install again

Sylvia, you should now be able to install Keyrite, Vogone and KHP on your 1.2GHz processor with your third copy of Microstudio.
Old January 29th, 2004, 08:40 AM

thank you,

have you guys thought about putting an unregistration script at the end of your unistall process? This would make life easier for everyone including you guys. Even microsoft unregisters with uninstallation of the program. Your registration process also makes it impossible for someone who does not have internet to install your program - was that on purpose? I know several people who don't have internet who would enjoy this program non the less.

thanks for your time

Sylvia Sargent
Systems Programmer\Analyst
Rhodes State College
Old January 29th, 2004, 03:22 PM

Sylvia,
There is a way to install with a cd for those who dont have internet I believe.

You being a programmer should be able to understand that the whole registration process thing, and limited installs is to protect the company from theft. MTU has to pay programmers, like yourself to write this code, and don't wont every hacker in the universe to post it free with a break on their website.

I wont even go into the Piracy thing, but In this day and age it is a must, and a reality, no option. I don't work for MTU, But I understand.
Old January 29th, 2004, 03:45 PM

Oh I understand about trying to enforce the true registration of your program - all I meant was that there is a better way to maintain current registration. You can't tell a customer that they are not allowed to install your product on a different machine if they have uninstalled it from the first one - machines break down - new ones are bought. By adding the unregistration to the uninstall process you can save yourself a lot of headaches and support issues. Its not like I meant that you should allow everyone to install on as many machines as they like - obviously that is sharing but with the process as it is you as a seller would automatically assume that the user is trying to install an additional copy of the program on another computer - more than likely for someone else. The admins comment about this being my third copy of the program for example - I have removed this program from the two previous machines but apparently mtu could not tell that, so they hint that I am trying to install on three machines - not good for business. Just my two cents.