MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old April 29th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Administrator

Red face Hoster 5.07 Beta testing: Closed as 5.07 is Released

Hoster 5.07 Beta 2

We solved more of the problems and complaints in 3 days, so Beta 2 is quite worth testing and using.

This only installs the new hoster507b2.exe, not the Access DB Manager, Import Database, or other Windows components required to run Hoster.

It leaves your "Hoster.exe" able to run.

It installs only on a computer with Hoster X.XX already installed.

It replaces "hoster507b1.exe" if installed.

Here's what we fixed:
  1. CHANGED - Restored Separate Search and Singers Buttons in the Playlist.

2. FIXED - Search Dialog “Singers File Open icon” - This icon in the Search dialog should truly SHOW or HIDE the Singers dialog associated with it.

3. FIXED - Minimize-Maximize Search Dialog - This should now work as expected.

4. FIXED - Remove Silence Command - This now will recognize newly imported or indexed files without having to rebuild the datatabase.

5. FIXED - Audio Garbled with Remove Silence & Key Change - We think we have fixed this without needing to add a 2-second silence in front of RS'd songs.

DOWNLOAD LINK: Hoster 5.07 Beta 2
Old April 29th, 2012, 02:58 PM
VIP

Re: Hoster 5.07 - Test with us and insure your problems are fixed

I tried 4 songs that was giving the garbled sound with the delay set a 0. 3 of 4 songs now start perfectly. One of the songs still has the garbled sound unless I set the delay to 1 or the key from -1 to 0.

Walt
Old April 29th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post
I tried 4 songs that was giving the garbled sound with the delay set a 0. 3 of 4 songs now start perfectly. One of the songs still has the garbled sound unless I set the delay to 1 or the key from -1 to 0.

Walt
Can you submit a Help Ticket and attach that song to it? Send it to SUPPORT Department. If we can create the problem repeatedly, we can solve it quickly.

Glad to hear it is better. We hope to fix it totally, so something is still wrong.
Old April 30th, 2012, 01:02 AM

Admin,

Thank you very much for unlinking the Seach & Singers buttons!

When will this be available for download on Hoster 5.06 (or higher) after the Beta test?

Also, until the upgrade is ready, can the Beta version be used for a show?

I ran 5.07 Beta 2 for over three hours tonight without the first glitch showing up. It was nice to be able to use the Tempo change again.

Again, thanks from the bottom of my heart...
Old April 30th, 2012, 02:12 AM

Admin,

As I continued to test 5.07 Beta 2, I found a glitch in the Singers search.

In the previous versions, when you open the search block, only the Singers name was highlighted. In this version, the entire block is highlighted.

The difference this makes is, if only the name is highlighted, you can continue to type the letters of the Singer's name to narrow down the search.

If the entire block is highlighted, you can only type the first letter of the Singer's name and then you have to open the search block to further search for the Singer.
Old April 30th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kod View Post
Admin,

Thank you very much for unlinking the Seach & Singers buttons!

When will this be available for download on Hoster 5.06 (or higher) after the Beta test?

Also, until the upgrade is ready, can the Beta version be used for a show?

I ran 5.07 Beta 2 for over three hours tonight without the first glitch showing up. It was nice to be able to use the Tempo change again.

Again, thanks from the bottom of my heart...
Actually, we "didn't" unlink them. What we did was a simple combination of;

1. Restoring the Search and Singer buttons, each displaying their dialogs, and

2. In the Search dialog restoring the yellow folder icon beside the Singers field so those who DO WANT both linked during a show still have them.

As to releasing these changes, those who understand there is NO RISK in running the 5.07 Beta 2 version, along with the freedom to (within seconds) close 5.07 Beta 2 and run their prior version for the rest of the night... as you are doing... AND POSTING HERE... are building our confidence that our changes are working on MANY computers, not a few.

We can take two paths to release 5.07:

1. Release this week what we already have. However, given that very few users and Beta Testers are reporting their results, this morning I lack the confidence to release this week.

2. Continue to add less risky changes (require less testing), until we get enough feedback on what we have released as "Beta" to give us the confidence that it is ready for all our users to get and run shows.

You know from being in these Forums that few thank us for the risks we take (and I DO THANK you for your kind feedback), but if we did something wrong, we are scathingly insulted by some, denigrated by others, and just plain ignored by most.

Developing under Microsoft Windows is risky business! With the ever changing Windows platform upgrades, we never know what "bunker buster" is coming next. One thing we CAN expect is another bomb WILL come!

Making a decision to RELEASE is a combination of having enough feedback to overcome our fears, and putting on our flack jackets against the onslaught. It's like jumping off a 30 foot cliff into the river below... you know it's going to be exciting... and it will hurt!

Your kind words of encouragement mean a lot to us!
Old April 30th, 2012, 08:55 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Can you submit a Help Ticket and attach that song to it? Send it to SUPPORT Department. If we can create the problem repeatedly, we can solve it quickly.

Glad to hear it is better. We hope to fix it totally, so something is still wrong.

I will try to do as you requested.

Walt
Old April 30th, 2012, 09:16 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post
I will try to do as you requested.

Walt
Ok, I submitted a support ticket however, I could not figure out how to attach the song. I requested an email address and will try to attach the song to the email.

Walt
Old April 30th, 2012, 10:52 AM

WaltR,
Please send the file to me at support at mtu.com . This way I can get the file and test it.
Old May 1st, 2012, 09:09 AM

Post this earlier, but probably in the wrong thread.
#

Hi Guys.

I experienced immediate break up of audio files after loading 5.06, eventually it deteriorated during the show to the point that Hoster crashed everytime I hit the "Skip" button (Ticket: [34400-3921041933]). So switched to backup laptop.

I reinstalled 5.05 and it is working fine now.

I have tried the B1 and B2 versions - but still experiencing the same audio break up with both of them.

Let me know if you need me to test.

Hang in there

Tom

Skybird74
VIP
You need to test Hoster 5.07 Beta 2. Admin posted it in the post just before yours. Everyone is having good results and many problems have been solved.

Yep, tried 5.07 B2, still getting significant audio breakup.
Old May 8th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Administrator

Re: Hoster 5.07 Beta testing - code no longer available

Hoster 5.07 is RELEASED. Click here to download it.

There are still some audio problems we haven't tracked down. Tom, try this release and see if your audio dropouts are gone.

I'm closing this thread. Please post further results in the new Report Hoster 5.07 Problems thread.