MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old April 30th, 2012, 01:08 AM

Too Many Instabuttons Defined...

I have seen this posted before but couldn't find it.

I have 83 Instabuttons set up and everytime I open Hoster, I get the error message "Too Many Instabuttons Defined."

Hoster will not open until you click OK. After you click OK, Hoster opens as normal and it operates as normal, as best I can tell.

We are allowed 99 Instabuttons, so I don't understand this.
Old May 8th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Re: Too Many Instabuttons Defined...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kod View Post
I have seen this posted before but couldn't find it.

I have 83 Instabuttons set up and everytime I open Hoster, I get the error message "Too Many Instabuttons Defined."

Hoster will not open until you click OK. After you click OK, Hoster opens as normal and it operates as normal, as best I can tell.

We are allowed 99 Instabuttons, so I don't understand this.
There are several possible causes:

1. Your button "names" are - cumulatively - too long. I believe we discovered Windows Registry Keys could force a limit with too many characters total.

2. There is no more room in your Playlist to allow the buttons to wrap onto a new line. Extend the Hoster Playlist screen VERTICALLY to overcome this.

3. You may be hitting a "boundary condition" that frankly we have never tested. We do internally allow 99, but there may be some other limit, such as #1 and #2 above, that imposes a shorter limitation.
Old May 9th, 2012, 09:32 PM

Re: Too Many Instabuttons Defined...

Quote:
1. Your button "names" are - cumulatively - too long. I believe we discovered Windows Registry Keys could force a limit with too many characters total.

2. There is no more room in your Playlist to allow the buttons to wrap onto a new line. Extend the Hoster Playlist screen VERTICALLY to overcome this.

3. You may be hitting a "boundary condition" that frankly we have never tested. We do internally allow 99, but there may be some other limit, such as #1 and #2 above, that imposes a shorter limitation.
Admin,

To answer you:

1. I keep all my names very short on purpose because of space limitations...

2. I keep Hoster fully maximized all the time and I now have four and a half lines of Instabuttons (83 total).

3. I can easily believe it's a Windows limitation.

It appears to have no adverse effect on how Hoster works. You just get the error message on startup, which I can live with...

Thanks for your response!