MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old October 8th, 2008, 02:25 PM

need some help please

what does this mean

waveInOpen:Invalid Device Identifier
what does this mean
it comes up when i click a song to play in microstudio and when i stop the song playing
also some songs being played seem to drag the words behind about a second
Old October 8th, 2008, 02:33 PM

re...

i am running vista home and new microstudio
i loved my older version of 3.004 but my laptop crashed
had to get a new one
Old October 8th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Read this thread and it should help you -
http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?...ice+Identifier

The one I installed was called WavePad and was freeware. Don't remember where I got it but you can do an Internet search to find it.

Basically the problem is the location of the files you are trying to play. Vista will not allow using any files that are editable from the C:\Program Files area and the older Microstudio stored those files in that location. You can copy/move them to another area and they should work.
Old October 8th, 2008, 05:06 PM

I dont understand about the c:\Documents and Settings. My vista does not have this directory. Are you suggesting I create this directory by hand and move the files into this directory. Also will this fix the error message as well as the sync issue.
Old October 8th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolisa71 View Post
I dont understand about the c:\Documents and Settings. My vista does not have this directory. Are you suggesting I create this directory by hand and move the files into this directory. Also will this fix the error message as well as the sync issue.
The latest location choice is C:\MTU\Microstudio. This should have come up as the default directory when you opened the new Microstudio.
Copy your files from the existing directory to that location. This fixes the error message, the sync is a totally different problem and we will need more detail about your system. The more detail you can add about the problem the easier it is to help you.
By the way you do have that directory, but it is a Hidden directory.
Old March 31st, 2009, 12:40 PM

Exclamation Problem still not fixed

I have this same problem with Vista 32-bit and Microstudio 4.006a. Windows is completely up-to-date, hardware's up-to-date, UAC is off....what's going on???? BTW, I submitted a support ticket, but haven't received a response yet, so I thought I'd post here.
Old March 31st, 2009, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbsok View Post
I have this same problem with Vista 32-bit and Microstudio 4.006a. Windows is completely up-to-date, hardware's up-to-date, UAC is off....what's going on???? BTW, I submitted a support ticket, but haven't received a response yet, so I thought I'd post here.
Please do not post your problem more than once. You will not get a response any faster by doing that.
Have you read the previous responses in this thread? They tell you what to do fix this.
Old March 31st, 2009, 02:16 PM

Exclamation

I didn't start multiple new threads which would have been a big no-no...I just posted in all applicable threads to guarantee you'd see my post. And if I started a new thread you may have directed me to one of these 'old dead' threads like you did the other guy.

Anyway, I have done what's in these threads and none of it works. You claim that 4.006 does not have this problem and yet it does. What do you (MTU) claim is the solution? Do I have to install some separate program to fix your program? If so, which program? Please provide a download link. Do I have to move files and folders? If so, which files and folders and from where to where?

You claim Microstudio works with Vista, and right now, smack-dab out of the box, it doesn't, so please tell me specifically what to do to fix this. I paid for it and just want it to work like it's supposed to.

Thanks!

BTW...here's the new thread for youhttp://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?p=91273
Old March 31st, 2009, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbsok View Post
I didn't start multiple new threads which would have been a big no-no...I just posted in all applicable threads to guarantee you'd see my post. And if I started a new thread you may have directed me to one of these 'old dead' threads like you did the other guy.

Anyway, I have done what's in these threads and none of it works. You claim that 4.006 does not have this problem and yet it does. What do you (MTU) claim is the solution? Do I have to install some separate program to fix your program? If so, which program? Please provide a download link. Do I have to move files and folders? If so, which files and folders and from where to where?

You claim Microstudio works with Vista, and right now, smack-dab out of the box, it doesn't, so please tell me specifically what to do to fix this. I paid for it and just want it to work like it's supposed to.

Thanks!

BTW...here's the new thread for youhttp://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?p=91273
I did not say you had "started" multiple new threads, but posting the same thing in several different existing threads isn't any more helpful.