MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microeditor Software > Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5

Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5 Discussions for Microeditor versions that use Krystal DSP Engine audio card

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 4th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Frequent Member

"24 Bits in Wave"?

....This is one of those great communication errors that have plagued our interactions with MTU and each other, for whatever reason, during our struggles to integrate the product into our workplace over the last few years.

Medit does not, of course, export 24bit .wav files. When I asked for that specific process to be included, along with the Broadcast Wave timestamp if at all possible (and sent in examples of Broadcast Wave files), I heard nothing back, though Dave may have been working on this independently with others for all I know.

Charles and others have successfully been taking 24bit .sf files and using them in other programs. Charles specifically (anyone else?) has also managed to bring those processed files back into Medit. I do remember his original post describing the process in broad terms (must have been around 2001), but could never find it again when going through the forum. Requests by me on the forum to clarify or restate this process went unanswered......As I was explicitly stating then that this was the key to my being able to continue using Medit, I was always surprised that there was no response.....In the end, I assumed that perhaps this transfer back in was probably not so easy, else why would MTU not give pointers for all to keep its system integrated into the workplace?

So, hear again is the call to both the company and the codgerly old user's group: If you successfully transfer 24bit files out into other programs, then back into Medit, list the steps for all to see here.....Heck, I might even turn my machines back on now and then if this were once and for all made clear to me.

This has always been the key to extended longevity for Medit. Broadcast Wave with integrated time stamp could have added another 10 years beyond what this would do.