MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

View Poll Results: If in emergency, would you use your CDG's and cdg player in place of using Hoster?
No, I would not host w/o Hoster and would cancel the show. 21 30.88%
I would revert back to using discs for that night. 47 69.12%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 13th, 2008, 10:12 PM

Im using micro studio and a burner that I just bought new from them at the time of my upgrade, I have not tried to play these cds that I have burned in the puter, but have tried it in all kinds of players, and they will not play unless you punch in several times a trac and then it begins to play after a while and plays all tracs fine. I found out today that it comes and goes on other cds as well done a pop hits today and it done the same thing as chartbuster had been doing. Im almost sick that I upgraded micor studio I hae trouble ever since, dont all the new driver downloads, updates everything that anyone else tried when they had the problem but it is still here. Please hlp me.......LOL
kowboys karaoke........Danny
Old November 14th, 2008, 05:56 PM

what version of ms do you have..did you upgrade to 4.10? if you did, see if you can removed/uninstall it , 4.10 has a lot of problems, they are working on 4.2.if you can reinstall the prior version..if not just do a system restore prior to upgrading to 4.10
Old November 14th, 2008, 06:04 PM

Im running 4.006 I wish I had never upgraded to it, my old system worked fine just thought I woudl upgrade to the bigger and better thing, and until I can get an answer to what is wrong with this, Im afraid to upgrad my hoster program, if that happens with it Im in big trouble, thanks for the help.

kowboys karaoke Danny
Old November 16th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

If you have a copy of your current version of Hoster, you can always re-install it if for some reason the Hoster 4.06 doesn't work. This version also has a version 3.4 (3.321 corrected to work with 4.0 registration) that you can use if it doesn't work right.
I hate to see you get gun shy with this when they are two totally separate types of program. Hoster does not have the write function that you have had problems with in Microstudio.
Old November 17th, 2008, 01:41 PM

Thanks dale
It seems you know about this stuff than micro studio does, hae you ever heard of anyone having the kind of problems I having with it, I did read where a woman was having this problem, and have researched as far ahead and back as I can and cant find how she solved or if she did or not. Ive been working on this for months and have never had a reply about it from mtu, they might think Im a nut case ...L

Danny
Old November 17th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

That is part of the problem, trying to figure why one or two people have this and nobody else is. MTU probably hasn't replied because they could not duplicate it.
Dan if you want to continue this please post a new thread and don't continue it in here as this is a poll about a Hoster subject and not Microstudio. Less confusing that way.
Old January 15th, 2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonman View Post
Well yea actually it is a fact. I wasn't the typical 1 player host that wouldn't even pull their disc until the current song was done playing. I always had 2 players - 1 playing, 1 cued at the cue points I have listed on every disc/song to eliminate long cue/intro screens or even unecessary long intros example NIB - Black Sabbath gets cued to 1:00 where the actual music starts - eliminating 1 minute of a bass solo - not common but there are many songs with very long intros or silent cue screens. When the singing stopped on the playing disc, I would ask for applause & call up next singer while starting the next disc & fading out old song. Thus eliminating all down time in between.
With Hoster I cannot do that. I still can ask for applause & call up next singer when singing stops, but then I have to turn down the current outro & stop it making for dead air - unless I push up the fill/transition music (another step), & quickly highlight next song & start it & wait for the cue up & intro screen before the music starts since you can't set cue points yet. So yes, running players/discs for me is in fact faster than using Hoster, but I am willing to sacrifice the speed for the convenience & sound - which seems to be better than discs for some odd reason.
Which is why I had requested the 2nd player for Hoster for more like a dj type system or at the very least the crossfade button that would automatically fade out the current song while starting the next at the click of a button (obviously it would need to be a manual button) - like I can do with discs & if the cue points become a reality, then I believe Hoster will be faster than running discs in the manner described
Hey Lonman

You Know You're Stuff

You're absolutely correct I have a Cav's two disc player and can run a faster show then Hoster and for the same reasons you mention, but prefer not to log all the equipment and disc around any more.

Keeping it lite is all right and by the way the only thing that comes close is VDJ it has two virtual turn tables and you can listen and assign que points on deck "B" before play and do the same thing on deck "A" while deck "B" is playing.

The only set back is you'll need to keep a separate zip file folder of your songs because it can't play .Kma files, but does a geart job to the points you made and it also weighs a lot less.

So No, I would not cansel a show because of problems with Hoster or bring my CD's & Player.

My Insurance Policy

I'd use VDJ to do the show as I discovered as a result of losing a very Hot good paying Gig because of problems with Hoster program.

Another Just In Case Thing, I bring my iPod already to go, just plug it in to my M-Audio NRV10 mixer and let ur rip.

The iPod software also has que points for eash song you can preset and create a PlayList including Video Karaoke.

You'll have to buy a conversion program for Karaoke but there is a lot of power and functionality to this small device.

I also carry an additional 160 Gig hard drive to swap out the lapTop loaded with VDJ and zip files to run a complete show including Videos while the ipod is running.

Joe....
Old January 17th, 2009, 03:25 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Nieves View Post
Hey Lonman

You Know You're Stuff

You're absolutely correct I have a Cav's two disc player and can run a faster show then Hoster and for the same reasons you mention, but prefer not to log all the equipment and disc around any more.

Keeping it lite is all right and by the way the only thing that comes close is VDJ it has two virtual turn tables and you can listen and assign que points on deck "B" before play and do the same thing on deck "A" while deck "B" is playing.

The only set back is you'll need to keep a separate zip file folder of your songs because it can't play .Kma files, but does a geart job to the points you made and it also weighs a lot less.

So No, I would not cansel a show because of problems with Hoster or bring my CD's & Player.

My Insurance Policy

I'd use VDJ to do the show as I discovered as a result of losing a very Hot good paying Gig because of problems with Hoster program.

Another Just In Case Thing, I bring my iPod already to go, just plug it in to my M-Audio NRV10 mixer and let ur rip.

The iPod software also has que points for eash song you can preset and create a PlayList including Video Karaoke.

You'll have to buy a conversion program for Karaoke but there is a lot of power and functionality to this small device.

I also carry an additional 160 Gig hard drive to swap out the lapTop loaded with VDJ and zip files to run a complete show including Videos while the ipod is running.

Joe....
I see Joe, I think the original question was intended to mean if all computers were unavailable and you were left with a disc player and discs, would you load em and go with a smile or just hire your backup guy to cover for you that night. I'd stay home and work on the computer problem those four hours instead. Always good to share the workload once in a while. Every time I do return from a vacation, ALL regulars and non-regulars ALWAYS say to me "Man, am I glad you're back, the other guy's a nice guy but he jusrt doesn't have the functionality you have".

Old January 17th, 2009, 05:56 PM

Host without Hoster

Using two karaoke players could possibly be faster than one Hoster. But if you want to keep it "lite", get two Hosters, lighter, less to carry, and i guarantee you two Hosters programs is faster than two karaoke player with disc. I agree to disagree.
muzicman
Old January 17th, 2009, 06:07 PM

Hi Bryant

Yah I know But the question posed was not to realistic in today's world with so many options available and besides I gave an honest real life experience answer that in the final analysis I believe provides a benefit to an alternative to that fundamental Question.

In my case I'm mobile doing shows from clubs, restaurants, dance halls party's weddings so I need to travel lite.

Ok So you need an Up or Down answer Right.

If my computer Didn't work would I use my CD's I would have to say YES.

Thanks
Joe....
Old January 17th, 2009, 06:13 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman144 View Post
Using two karaoke players could possibly be faster than one Hoster. But if you want to keep it "lite", get two Hosters, lighter, less to carry, and i guarantee you two Hosters programs is faster than two karaoke player with disc. I agree to disagree.
muzicman
Yep two laptops with a version of Hoster will do exactly the same as two players! I tried it last night!!!!
I did have to recalculate cue times as Hoster counts back, other than that...

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions
Old January 17th, 2009, 06:31 PM

Hey Bryant

I originally did Vote for a CD Gig If I had no choice.

Joe....
Old January 25th, 2009, 02:53 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Nieves View Post
Hey Bryant

I originally did Vote for a CD Gig If I had no choice.

Joe....
cool