MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Songverter Software > Songverter Help

Songverter Help Post Songverter questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 8th, 2011, 09:42 PM

Unhappy Songverter Demo

Hi MTU & Users

What am i doing wrong or not doing to make this trial version work for me

I'm using Windows Vista
I've downloaded the lame_enc.dll file and put it into the windows system 32 folder

Loaded about 30 .kma files into the source folder of Songverter...selected KMA Karaoke Files in the dropdown box, selected the destination, chose 192k in dropdown box & pressed "Convert"...and the end of each convert was an "beep" sound....once they all finished a popup window says they are complete but i get another window that says errors occured...see "Badlogfile"....i look in that folder and all songs failed to convert

What else can be wrong?...why they are not converting?, below is the message i get from the bad log file & thats happening to all files>

There was an error converting the audio in:
SC3328-06 - Strait, George - Stars On The Water.kma
H:\SC3328-6.kma

I will buy this program if i can get it too work...

Although each one failed to convert it still went thru the process for each one & the time taken was around ten files per minute to convert

Help Is very much appreciated

Kind Regards
Mike
Old March 8th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Songverter Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelly View Post
Hi MTU & Users

What am i doing wrong or not doing to make this trial version work for me

I'm using Windows Vista
I've downloaded the lame_enc.dll file and put it into the windows system 32 folder

Loaded about 30 .kma files into the source folder of Songverter...selected KMA Karaoke Files in the dropdown box, selected the destination, chose 192k in dropdown box & pressed "Convert"...and the end of each convert was an "beep" sound....once they all finished a popup window says they are complete but i get another window that says errors occured...see "Badlogfile"....i look in that folder and all songs failed to convert

What else can be wrong?...why they are not converting?, below is the message i get from the bad log file & thats happening to all files>

There was an error converting the audio in:
SC3328-06 - Strait, George - Stars On The Water.kma
H:\SC3328-6.kma

I will buy this program if i can get it too work...

Although each one failed to convert it still went thru the process for each one & the time taken was around ten files per minute to convert

Help Is very much appreciated

Kind Regards
Mike
Do you have Hoster installed on this computer? What version? And did you do the required changes for it to run on Vista?

Though your times sound really fast consider that the conversions all failed. As soon as a song fails Songverter logs the error and moves on to the next file.
Old March 9th, 2011, 07:31 AM

Hi Dale

No I don't have Hoster on this computer where i am trial-ing the Songverter program..i use hoster on my laptops ( they don't go on internet, the only time they do is for upgrading purposes only)

I don't believe i need to have hoster running or on this computer to trial or even after i've purchased the full Songverter..correct?

what i did was to copy some Kma files from my external hard-drive which is where all my karaoke songs are stored onto a Usb stick and put the Usb stick into this desktop computer where i have downloaded the trial version of songverter and tried to convert them..but once again, No i don't have Hoster on this computer...i don't think songverter requires me to have hoster on this desktop computer to work?

Do you have any suggestions to why it may not be converting?

Looking Forward To Your Reply
Regards
Mike
Old March 9th, 2011, 08:17 AM

UPDATE- Maybe after i installed the Lame_enc.dll file i should have restarted the computer, just got home from work & decided to give it another go at working....it worked!...But, what i'd like to know is.....

I went from .Kma files in source to "Mp3+G Karaoke Files ( *.mp3, + *.cdg")...not the "Zip Karaoke files (*.zip with mp3 +cdg)" in the destination side

Why are the converted files only showing as this..
DEMO SC3327-06 - Coldplay - In My Place.Mp3

Because its a karaoke song with lyrics should it have converted it to Mp3+G?...because it only says Mp3 on the end, does this mean it didn't convert it to a karaoke track with lyrics onscreen?

UPDATED-UPDATE- I have just located the folder where Songverter put all my converted songs & Voila!..the Mp3 & Cdg file are there together.....so, Songverter now works for me...better go buy it

Looking Forward To Your Reply
Regards
Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; March 9th, 2011 at 08:39 AM.
Old March 9th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

Glad you worked through it.
As you saw Songverter only lists the MP3 file though it does write both parts.
Also remember that with the full version your songs will not convert quite as fast as the demo did.
Old March 10th, 2011, 09:40 AM

Question Re: Songverter Demo

Hi Dale & Other Users

I got the Trial version working, so i went to the MTU website purchased/installed the fully paid Songverter, also put the Lame_enc.dll file into the system32 folder

I told Songverter ( source) where to find my .Kma file & it found them ok, now i go to the destination drop down box and "Mp3 Karaoke file" is not showing up in the dropdown box...can anyone tell me why?

The only difference is i put the trail version on my desktop computer which runs "Vista" & i put the full paid version of Songverter on my new laptop which is "Windows 7"..i believe i have done everything else as i did for the trail version

Your help to get Songverter working would be very much appreciated

UPDATE: hey guys, thanx very much for reading this but once again i've got it working after spending hours & searching thru the forums i found that on "Windows 7" i needed to have the Lame_enc.dll file in the windows folder & not in the system 32 folder..either way i have now got it in both & located the Mp3 Karaoke file name in the destination dropdown box....All Is Good - I'm on my way

Kind Regards
Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; March 10th, 2011 at 10:05 AM.