MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Songverter Software > Songverter Help

Songverter Help Post Songverter questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 10th, 2011, 06:07 PM

KMA to MP3+G question

I have 8000 KMA files that are files I ripped from cd+g using Hoster. My question is, when I "convert" these files from KMA to MP+G.... will they keep the song, artist, file ID etc? so they can be searched and found using other programs such as Virtual DJ or PCDJ
Old May 10th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Re: KMA to MP3+G question

Sorry, no.
Old May 10th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, but it will add the disc ID to the beginning of the file name as this example: AH2000-01 - Meat Loaf - Paradise By The Dashboard Lights.mp3
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old May 10th, 2011, 10:20 PM

Admin from MTU says "sorry no" ??? Mr Dennis says yes but with fine name listed in front of song and artist. MTU also will not reply to my Hoster 5.0 crashes after purchasing 8 copies and they wont reply to my purchasing Songverter 1.0 and it NEVER working and me requesting an upgrade to one that might actually work with a simple question. "Sorry NO" seems to be a theme with MTU. But why?
Old May 11th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by baransy View Post
Admin from MTU says "sorry no" ??? Mr Dennis says yes but with fine name listed in front of song and artist. MTU also will not reply to my Hoster 5.0 crashes after purchasing 8 copies and they wont reply to my purchasing Songverter 1.0 and it NEVER working and me requesting an upgrade to one that might actually work with a simple question. "Sorry NO" seems to be a theme with MTU. But why?
If you are having problems with Hoster 5.0, then this is the thread you need to post your details of the problem:
http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=12577
If you can do that then it will help them to narrow down the causes of the crashes.

Did you submit a support ticket on the Hoster crashes? If so when?
Did you get an auto-reply message back with your ticket number in it.

When did you purchase Songverter 1.0 and when did you notify them it wasn't working?
What operating system are you using on the computer for Songverter?
Old May 11th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

To elaborate on my previous answer.
Before I answered you I converted the first four KMA files that were in a test folder on my computer using Songverter version 1.30.
I converted from AH2000-1.Kma which after conversion to Mp3+G
Showed as AH2000-01 - Meat Loaf - Paradise By The Dashboard Lights.mp3 along with it's .cdg file of the same name.
I then opened my own Virtual DJ program and search for them, when you search for them in Virtual DJ it lists as Title "Meat Loaf - Paradise By The Dashboard" Artist As "AH2000-01" They do play alright.

Now if you converted your files in Hoster like this then they will not then play in Hoster unless you re-import them as kmh files.

Alternately you would have to have a complete copy of each, 1 copy as kma for Hoster and another as the converted Mp3+g to run in your DJ program thus taking up twice as much space as they use at present.

For songverter to write the mp3+g files you need to have Lame enc.dll installed on your computer.

Hope this makes things clearer.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old May 11th, 2011, 06:23 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
To elaborate on my previous answer.
Before I answered you I converted the first four KMA files that were in a test folder on my computer using Songverter version 1.30.
I converted from AH2000-1.Kma which after conversion to Mp3+G
Showed as AH2000-01 - Meat Loaf - Paradise By The Dashboard Lights.mp3 along with it's .cdg file of the same name.
I then opened my own Virtual DJ program and search for them, when you search for them in Virtual DJ it lists as Title "Meat Loaf - Paradise By The Dashboard" Artist As "AH2000-01" They do play alright.

Now if you converted your files in Hoster like this then they will not then play in Hoster unless you re-import them as kmh files.

Alternately you would have to have a complete copy of each, 1 copy as kma for Hoster and another as the converted Mp3+g to run in your DJ program thus taking up twice as much space as they use at present.

For songverter to write the mp3+g files you need to have Lame enc.dll installed on your computer.

Hope this makes things clearer.
I remember a few years back I tried to convert ALL my kma's (12,000) back to that format for use in VDJ just to have a backup program for karaoke (although VDJ is not really designed for that, but is somewhat acceptable).
About 15 of every 100 converted did not convert back to mp3+cdg, there was some errors in doing so. So when I got into 1000 of them, only about 15% were converted over. I can't quite remember, but I think it stopped at every one that errored and didn't convert, and I would have to begin the proces again where I left off. I never finished the project as a result.

Old May 11th, 2011, 08:38 PM

Thanks and help!

Thanks ton Roy!

Bryant, I experience the same thing with 1.0 BUT Im hoping the latest songverter WORKS

I think is interesting that MTU admin reply is as short and NON helpful and wrong and others are here to help.

ddouglass yes I submitted 5.0 email May 4th got an auto reply and a then a real reply on May 6th reply from support that reads...

"I just got a fixed version, been working in customers computer all day long today. We hope it may work.

You can download it from here http://download.mtu.com/hoster5.01.zip

This should have a fix for the Editing of the singers crash in it. This is the only item I know that was fixed. Please give me any details you can about what the issues are you that you are having. I need to know, as we really want to fix them all. Would you be available today?

Name: mtusupport

I have not had a reply since and its May 11th : (

I love Hoster 3 as it was great but with crashing problems in 4 and huger problems in 5 I need a back up program for Hoster as they let my show go down last week. Not cool after buying 4 copies at 200.00 each

Hoster has replied and offered an upgrade for Songverter and I don't see any other options as all my karaoke songs are KMA. I hate being a slave to 1 software company and esp when I can chat live, email in 24 hours or get them on the phone.
Old May 12th, 2011, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Thanks and help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baransy View Post
ddouglass yes I submitted 5.0 email May 4th got an auto reply and a then a real reply on May 6th reply from support that reads...

"I just got a fixed version, been working in customers computer all day long today. We hope it may work.

This should have a fix for the Editing of the singers crash in it. This is the only item I know that was fixed. Please give me any details you can about what the issues are you that you are having. I need to know, as we really want to fix them all. Would you be available today?

I have not had a reply since and its May 11th : (
Did you download the 5.01?
Did you reply back with the details? If you did that doesn't mean they have a fix for your problem yet.
Also I don't see any posts in the thread in Hoster Help that I pointed you to for providing details of your problem.
Hoster 5.0 had just been released about the time you ordered it. Admin had also created the thread for everyone to post any problems they found. By everyone posting their problems in one location then it is easier to see a pattern. The more details you can give the easier it is for them to try to duplicate and fix. If they cannot duplicate it then they can't fix it.

Were you running 4 licenses of version 3 before this?
What operating system are you running on all these computers?
How much Ram?
What else is running on these computers?
There are many factors that can effect how well your computer can run Hoster. The program has grown at least twice the size it was with version 3 and requires more processing speed and power than version 3 as well as Ram.

Last edited by ddouglass; May 12th, 2011 at 12:39 AM.
Old May 12th, 2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:

I did not hear anything back about the version 5.01. It should have fixed the issue you were also having, possibly with the incorrect parameters. Did you download and try this?

Quote:
Hoster has replied and offered an upgrade for Songverter and I don't see any other options as all my karaoke songs are KMA. I hate being a slave to 1 software company and esp when I can chat live, email in 24 hours or get them on the phone.
I had extended your date on Songverter so that you could install the current version. You have not yet done this.

Please give me the answers to your issues, of what/where it crashes exactly. We are trying to fix these items, and will work with you. I have not yet had any hard specifics about your problems with Hoster 5.01. Please give these details to me.
Old May 12th, 2011, 03:10 PM
VIP

Bryan,

I too have just started having a couple of mp3 files that will either crash songverter, or register as a corrupt file and not convert... At the time of error or crash I am attempting to convert mp3 to wav... and then use vogone to remove vocals from the converted wav file for a khpro project. I have only been using khpro, vogone, and songverter for a month or so, but this is the first time that I have had a file that songverter would not convert! Is there anything that I should be weary of, that may be causing these shutdowns/errors that I can report back with pertinent information?

Show Computer: Dell Precision M6700--Intel I7 3720 QM Quad 3rd Gen 2.6 ghz--16 gb Ram
Integrated Onboard Graphics, 2 gb DDR2 dedicated Video Memory--500 gb SSD & 1TB SATA HD--Windows 7 Pro--External HD WD 4 tb

Backup Computer: Lenovo Ideapad 7750G--PCI Express X16 Gen3 2.5 ghz--32 gb RAM--NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M, 2048 MB DDR3 --1 TB SSD--Windows 10 Education -- 64 bit

External Optical Drives: Plextor 760A & 712A
Old May 12th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIKKI TIKKI View Post
Bryan,

I too have just started having a couple of mp3 files that will either crash songverter, or register as a corrupt file and not convert... At the time of error or crash I am attempting to convert mp3 to wav... and then use vogone to remove vocals from the converted wav file for a khpro project. I have only been using khpro, vogone, and songverter for a month or so, but this is the first time that I have had a file that songverter would not convert! Is there anything that I should be weary of, that may be causing these shutdowns/errors that I can report back with pertinent information?
Rick, unfortunately there are many different variations of MP3 files and some Songverter may not handle. Have you tried running the file through Vogone first as it will work with mp3 files, then convert in Songverter. Vogone should save the file in a compatible MP3 format that Songverter will accept.
Old May 12th, 2011, 05:09 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Rick, unfortunately there are many different variations of MP3 files and some Songverter may not handle. Have you tried running the file through Vogone first as it will work with mp3 files, then convert in Songverter. Vogone should save the file in a compatible MP3 format that Songverter will accept.
I'll give it a try... thanks!

Show Computer: Dell Precision M6700--Intel I7 3720 QM Quad 3rd Gen 2.6 ghz--16 gb Ram
Integrated Onboard Graphics, 2 gb DDR2 dedicated Video Memory--500 gb SSD & 1TB SATA HD--Windows 7 Pro--External HD WD 4 tb

Backup Computer: Lenovo Ideapad 7750G--PCI Express X16 Gen3 2.5 ghz--32 gb RAM--NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M, 2048 MB DDR3 --1 TB SSD--Windows 10 Education -- 64 bit

External Optical Drives: Plextor 760A & 712A

Tags
conversion, kma, mp3+g, tags