MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

View Poll Results: Whay Do you still do Karaoke
in it for the money 3 15.79%
supplimenting other income 3 15.79%
it is still fun and i can earn money doing what I enjoy 15 78.95%
Because I can 2 10.53%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 10th, 2008, 07:42 PM

Talking What is karaoke to you

Many of us got into karaoke at one time because we thought it was fun how about now why are you still doing karaoke Shows:

I still do shows because I enjoy making people happy and love to sing. I wouldn't do it just for the money but it makes life a whole lot easier when your get paid to do the one thing in life you enjoy the most. Just think if we could all take a hobby we enjoyed and did it as a job, People would live longer. And be happier at work, because it's not really work for them it's a lifestyle
XP Home 5.1.2600 SP 3 Build 2600 TOSHIBA Satellite L25 System Type X86-based PC Processor x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8 GenuineIntel 1496 Mhz TOSHIBA V1.50 SMBIOS Version 2.34 PM 256.00 MB VM 2.00 GB 250GB ex hd ATI

Last edited by KaraokeDj38030; September 10th, 2008 at 08:12 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old September 11th, 2008, 03:18 AM
Honor Roll

I was a lead singer in a rock band in the 80's. I always got a kick out of getting people to "join" the show and sing a song or two with the band. You know, those people who set in the front row and sing at the top of their lungs. I enjoyed them getting applause more than getting it myself. There is no better feeling for me as a performer than to add just the right harmony to a mediocre performer and make them sound like a pro.

When I ended up owning a bar, I brought karaoke in because I thought it would be fun for my customers. We did it one night a week for about 6 months and it was an instant hit. So I added another night. I was unhappy with the quality of the show. I know how to run sound and I thought I could do a better job of making people the **STAR**. I also thought it was futile to try and keep up with scratched and damaged CDGs. I had been passionate about computers for 5-6 years by then and knew there had to be a better way. I mistakenly went with another companies products (coughCAVScough) and wasted years and a LOT of $$ with them.

Then I found MTU and my life has been much better since. Now we can concentrate on making the atmosphere and the "show" better. I now do karaoke 6 nights a week. I still get more of a kick out of making other people the star than I do being the star. I have never needed to be the center of attention, but I do like the "attaboys" for making Murphy's the premier place for karaoke in my little part of the country. I don't sing much, but I still love to do harmonies. And now 18 years later, I am still going strong 6 nights a week.
Old September 11th, 2008, 05:40 AM
VIP

I was a sound engineer for bands & they did alot of 'jam' nights where everyone would get up to sing. I figured hell karaoke is like this without the hassle of running the band as well. Money was my primary reason originally as it paid more than what I was making as an engineer, but I also enjoy it as well - even though I still enjoy running bands & still do on occasion, I enjoy karaoke more!!

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions
Old September 11th, 2008, 08:51 AM

I got my introduction to karaoke in Texas around 1999 to 2000. When I moved back to Georgia in late 2002 I found that there was nothing to do in this dried up town. A friend and I convinced our fellow Moose folks that karaoke was the way to go and have been doing it ever since. We found mtu and started with hoster and have not looked back. We had a cdg player as backup but never had to use it. I keep two laptops setup the same with one of them as my backup. I do this for fun mostly. We do have a cover charge which pays for new music and equipment. We have even started an under 18 karaoke on Saturdays from 6:30 till 9 PM. The kids love it and they are our future in karaoke.
Old September 11th, 2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwheeler43 View Post
I got my introduction to karaoke in Texas around 1999 to 2000. When I moved back to Georgia in late 2002 I found that there was nothing to do in this dried up town. A friend and I convinced our fellow Moose folks that karaoke was the way to go and have been doing it ever since. We found mtu and started with hoster and have not looked back. We had a cdg player as backup but never had to use it. I keep two laptops setup the same with one of them as my backup. I do this for fun mostly. We do have a cover charge which pays for new music and equipment. We have even started an under 18 karaoke on Saturdays from 6:30 till 9 PM. The kids love it and they are our future in karaoke.

That's what's it all about money or not, HAVING FUN!

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old September 16th, 2008, 03:46 PM

Started

Started back in 1998 singing karaoke.Then i bought a bar and had karaoke 3 nights per week.Left the bar business after 3 years needed some cash or time to fill in could not work fulltime because of a medical problem. Thats when we started to host karaoke when ppl have fun then i have fun sounds good to me.

John!!!!!!!!
Old September 18th, 2008, 05:29 PM

Fun is what Karaoke is all about...From folks who belt it out and sing real well and to those who can't but get a big kick out of trying!

Thats what its all about. I don't do it for the business, cause I don't make a lot of money doing it. Goes to paying for more disks and equipment...
System #1
Dell Latitude E6400 Pentium Duo Core
Windows 7 Professional
4GB RAM
8xDVD-RW
320GB hard disk drive
160 GB External HD USB