MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Songverter Software > Songverter Help

Songverter Help Post Songverter questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 8th, 2008, 10:01 PM

Question Songverter Stops always when working on song 508

Hello everybody!
I just bought Songverter yesterday. I have 4000 kma karaoke songs that I want to convert to ZIP karaoke files. My problem is when SOFTWARE is exactly working on song number 508 software stops.

I see a window that it say:
Music file converter has encountered a problem and needs to close.
We are sorry for the inconvenience. "send or not send report"

I have repeated same process 3 times continuing with the rest of songs and same thing software STOPS on file number 508.

If you question is? when it stops is the same file??? THE ANSWER IS NO.
So until now I have converted only 1500 songs closing the software and start it again 3 times. I am tired and confused.
Old April 8th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator

No answer has been found for this as yet. MTU will have to look for the reason why when they get a chance. So you will just have to keep plugging away 508 at a time. I would suggest trying to do 500 at a time to keep the program from erroring out.
The real question in my mind is why are you converting 4,000 KMA files to ZIP ( I am guessing to MP3+G ZIP)? This is going from the best compressed format to the worst. You would be much better off to go from the original CDGs to MP3+G than going from compression to compression.
Old April 28th, 2008, 12:12 PM

same problem

i have the same issue-your program keeps crashing. please fix it.
Old April 28th, 2008, 04:22 PM

fixed

dont know exactly which of the 2 things i did fixed it, but they worked. could redo steps but am far too lazy to do that, this email is enough. make sure the "lame_enc.dll" file (that you unzipped from the original download) is then cut and pasted to your c:\windows\system32 folder. secondly, dont use vista. i have 2 computers one with the other good ol home PC with XP. i converted all 10,000 songs in one shot-done
Old April 28th, 2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobseger View Post
dont use vista.
Wiser words have never been spoken.

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old April 29th, 2008, 12:41 PM

Don't feel bad on a good day Vista stops at 138 for me when going from mp3 to wma. I have had it do as much as 600 in one shot. Most often it locks up at 138. I have found that the best bet is not to have the auto delete on and transfer to a different file. Using it on an outboard hard drive seems to be a task also.

I do wish I had not bought a vista pc. The Gates Mafia Inc does have a Vista patch out. I've loaded into the machine I am on at the moment. It seemed to help as my pc used to crash daily. Now the only thing that went wrong since was I lost all my audio. Solved problem with geek squad support taking over my pc and deleting and reloading some drivers. Got my Vista fingers up and crossed.
Old May 28th, 2008, 04:35 PM

Smile

Windows XP, Pentium4 2.4G, Running conversion from .kma to mp3+g zip.
Had it crashing after 128 files on XP. Everytime 128 files.
Found my problem was "mmswitch.ax" , which was a codex located in system32 folder. Ran "regsvr32 /u mmswitch.ax", then changed name to mmswitch32.bak. Restarted windows and now it keeps on going!
mmswitch32.ax also causes windows media player to crash intermittently.
Old February 17th, 2010, 09:00 PM

We just released version 1.22 that does fix some crash issues with converting .kma files to MP3+G. They were mainly under Windows Vista and Windows 7 that I had found the problem with.

You can download it from here.