MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 4th, 2002, 12:51 AM

EXP CD-RW Station

I have an external PC Card EXP CD-RW drive (model CRW-785 - www.expnet.com) that I have tried to use the demo version to see if the drive works. Apparently it does not. I am able to get the drive to be recognized, am able to import a track to my hard drive from a CD+G in the cdg format (of course I am not sure if it is being copied to my hard drive correctly or not), but when I go to write a CDR to the drive, it goes through the process but hangs during the apparent last step of processing the lead track (I think that is what it said). I havae already tossed 2 Maxell cd-r disks.

Is this drive supported?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old January 4th, 2002, 06:09 AM
Administrator

Question It appears to be CDG capable

There are so many CDR drives available today that we have no way of testing every one.

If your CDR drive appears in the Reading Drive and Writing Drive fields when you have the Karaoke or CDG button selected (versus Audio or WAV), it is CDG capable and Microstudio can use it.

Microstudio automatically detects the drive, and queries whether the drive can read and write the required CDG format. If the drive answers back that it can do CDG, then Microstudio allows you to select it in the Drives list boxes for Karaoke.

The demo you are running is Microstudio 2.312. We are currently shipping version 2.314 that has a Detect Drives button that shows you all CDROM/CDR drives on your computer and if they are Karaoke and Audio capble. This allows you to see that Microstudio is really detecting your drive, even if it does not show it to you.

Now, to your problem. Read this link for suggestions to solve the problem. Also, make sure you have downloaded the ASPI driver that is required. Click here for ASPI instructions.