MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old March 11th, 2002, 12:07 PM

Angry "Write" error message, Yamaha drive

I need advise or suggestions in regards to a "write " error message I keep getting.

I currently use a Yamaha 4416E drive, when I downloaded the demo program, it tested fine and burned 75 secs of a CDG. With that, I purchased the full program....now I'm finding out that although my drive worked fine in the demo, it doesn't work well copying a full back up. All I'm getting is partial back ups and they are random, sometimes more than half the disc is copied before the disc is ejected with an error message and other times immediately after the copying process is done and the burning begins.

I read through the forums and followed some suggestions with still no success. I'm using ver 2.314 I believe (purchased 3-10-02)

I disabled the Auto insert thingy in the system control panel CD-roms, I scandisk and defragged, I updated aspi drivers to see if that was anything towards a cure. I experimented with the different CD+G (party time, pop, etc) to see if was a security problem. I tried a few different brands of CDR's (maxell, TEON)..although I have yet to try the Imation or Fuji since they seem to get high raves from other users. During the back-up process, all other applications (screensavers, background office,tray, etc) are closed, disabled, and not running so as to not interefere with the burning. There's no escaping the evil error message !!

I used to have a full head of hair..I'm 'bout to pull out the last patch...this is working my last good' nerve...someone please help !!! =) thanks in advance !!!
Old March 11th, 2002, 01:50 PM

See the thread titled"Sticky:ASPI Driver" posted by Admin. in the Microstudio Tech Support Forum. Hope it's your answer. Got to save that remaining hair

Take care

George
Old March 12th, 2002, 12:38 PM

I'm up and running now !!!

Turns out that I barely had enough hard drive space ( 700 mgs available) left to copy the disc to the hard drive before the burning process ultimately leaving me a write error message. I moved the burner (yamaha 4416E) to my other system with plenty of hard drive space available and its burning CDG's flawlessly.

I jus' wanted to add, also ,that a variety of CDR discs work on this drive. I used the Memorex, Maxell, Teon, and Imation on this drive and produced fine back up copies off each of them.