MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 12th, 2004, 04:06 PM

Question KHP Help Menu

Hello, I recently purchased the Microstudio Suite, I also have a Plextor PX-708-UF. This setup has worked great so far! I am making backup copies of my cdg disks and custom copies for our favorite songs. I am using XP Home Edition.
My question is: When I click on the help menu to see the manual for KHP I get a message that says, "c is not a registered protocol" what does this mean?
Keyrite works fine, Vogone works fine, Microstudio works fine.
What do I need for KHP's manual to work?
Thanks for your help.
Old July 12th, 2004, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Ummm....

I have no idea why you see this. It is not something that is normally reported.

What version of KHP do you have? If you recently purchased, it is version 4.103.

What directory is it installed in? You can check this by right clicking the KHP Icon, then Properties, then the Version tab.

You can check to see if the Manual is installed in the /Manual directory below where KHP is installed.

I would suggest you remove KHP and reinstall it. This time, install it into the default directory that it presents when installing if you didn't before.
Old July 12th, 2004, 10:30 PM

Thanks for your quick reply. I have read alot of questions in this forum and didn't see anything like this problem.

I have version 4.103.

It is installed with the other parts of the suite on the C drive. They are all there.
The manual is there and I can view it from that location on the C drive but not from the KHP program itself.

I have noticed that the KHP program acts a little strange, for example when started it will minimize automatically or when you click the restore button it will not change the forms size even if you have dragged the edges to a new size. It only goes full size or minimized to the tool bar at the bottom. I will try reinstalling it. Thanks.
Old July 13th, 2004, 01:31 AM

Question Interesting.

Quote:
Originally posted by Geewhiz
My question is: When I click on the help menu to see the manual for KHP I get a message that says, "c is not a registered protocol" what does this mean?
Geewhiz,

Are you running Netscape 7.1 or Firefox 0.8 or 0.9.1 as one of your browsers? That particular error message pops up on Mozilla's XUL language. It's very unpredictable as it can happen while executing scripts, opening documents, browser searches, command line and even opening gif files from the desktop.

I can't see the association with KHP 4.103. Please let us know if reinstalling, as Admin suggested, solves the problem.

Regards,

Jon
Old July 13th, 2004, 12:17 PM
Administrator

Do this...

When reinstalling, do it by going to your Email download "Attach" file (or whatever your emailer calls it), and double click it from there.

DO NOT... try to execute it from the link in your email. That may be the problem.
Old July 14th, 2004, 09:17 PM

Thumbs up

I removed KHP and reinstalled it but it still does not allow me to see the manual from the help menu. That is ok though, I can see and use the KHP manual from windows explorer. I do have Netscape 7.1. Maybe that is the problem.
I have also found out that I get the same message "c is not a registered protocol" from Vogone's read manual button. The Microstudio and Keyrite read manual buttons work fine! Probally Netscape?
I plan to leave everything as is now. The 4 programs work fine and I can find the manuals. Thanks for your help.
Old July 14th, 2004, 11:34 PM

It's probably 7.1

Geewhiz,

Thank you for your answer about having Netscape 7.1. I have been tracking that "c is not a registered protocol" error message for a while for one of my non-MTU customers and it always leads me back to Mozilla (Netscape.)

Don't be surprised if that message keeps on popping on other non karaoke applications. I believe it's a browser's bug.

By the way. I am happy you are now running. Enjoy the programs.

Regards,

Jon