MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Songverter Software > Songverter Help

Songverter Help Post Songverter questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 21st, 2009, 03:00 AM

error converting the audio

I wanted to convert all my kmas to mp3+g. Several files show "there was an error converting the audio".
I have no idea what would be the problem... Any suggestion?

By the way, I´m using Windows XP.
Old December 21st, 2009, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Those files may be corrupt for some reason. It may not be corrupted enough to keep it from playing in Hoster, but is is enough to keep Songverter from converting them. My guess would be something is wrong in the header which Hoster doesn't need to read except when rebuilding the database, but doesn't read during play.
Pull them up in the Edit Songs in Hoster then change something like Genre, then change it back and apply. This should resave the header.
I am not sure why you would want to convert them to MP3+G as the KMA is already compressed.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Those files may be corrupt for some reason. It may not be corrupted enough to keep it from playing in Hoster, but is is enough to keep Songverter from converting them. My guess would be something is wrong in the header which Hoster doesn't need to read except when rebuilding the database, but doesn't read during play.
Pull them up in the Edit Songs in Hoster then change something like Genre, then change it back and apply. This should resave the header.
I am not sure why you would want to convert them to MP3+G as the KMA is already compressed.
Thanks ddouglass for your input. I’ll try it.

We are offering karaoke since 1995. I love Hoster; it’s the best karaoke software I know.

It turns out that our DJ wants to try mp3+g on his DJ software in order to “speed-up” crowded nights. His claims he would manipulate these files, as he normally does with audio files, mixing them up by genre. This way we’d save up time allowing more clients to sing.

I’m still not quite sure about the idea… I’m aware of all odds… First of all, the imminent risk of all your media. Then, in order to implement this, you’d have to sort the playlist by bpm (altering your normal rotation)… We are not sure how our clients will respond to this medley-style, or to the rotation issue... We’ll see.

Last edited by totis; December 22nd, 2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

If you have been doing your shows by strick rotation as we have for many years, you may have a riot on your hands. The problem I see is by doing what he is talking about is some people would get to sing a lot and others would get very little singing in. Not really fair.
You know he doesn't even need to use his DJ program as Hoster will play all those types of files too. Right now MTU is working on getting the import and play of all the popular video types. These will be added to the database as well just as karaoke and audio can be now.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 12:40 PM
Honor Roll

Like you said, I'd be leery of the risk to your song catalog more than anything. On Dale's point, I always try to remember that the DJ is not the star here. Look at it from the singer's point of view. I feel my primary job is to make them sound as good as I possibly can. The "show" is secondary to that.

But, what your DJ is proposing is technically possible. The problem you will run in to is when you change the BPM, you will have sync problems with the lyrics. Try a couple of songs and see what I mean. MTU has always been the best at keeping sync with the lyrics and tempo change has been a bear for them.

I just can't imagine trying to make that fly with a crowd. It would go over like a turd in a punchbowl here
Old February 17th, 2010, 08:55 PM

We just released version 1.22 that does fix some crash issues with converting .kma files to MP3+G. They were mainly under Windows Vista and Windows 7 that I had found the problem with.

You can download it from here.