MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Keyrite Software > Keyrite 2 Help

Keyrite 2 Help Post Keyrite 2 questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 27th, 2006, 07:33 AM

Angry magoo

when I go to keyrite..why are there no songs in my default folder (songs)
where do I go to find the songs I have downloaded and need to change the key? There are no songs there, cdg or wav. When I go to write disc, the songs appear..this has made me crazy for several days now..I really need HELP!
Old November 27th, 2006, 08:35 AM

When you click on SELECT INPUT FILE, a search box opens. You set the path to your default folder with the LOOK IN pull down menu.

You then select either .CDG or .WAV with the pull down menu next to FILES OF TYPE All the .CDG or .WAV files in the folder you specified will be displayed for selection.

If the files do not have .CDG or .WAV extensions on the filename, nothing will be displayed.

Am confused also as there is no "WRITE TO DISC" feature in Keywrite.
Old November 27th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

If you are referring to going from Microstudio to Keyrite after importing song files and you don't see them, then that would be because Microstudio doesn't import them as .cdg or .wav but uses the .bin extension. You will have to go to that folder in Windows Explorer and change the .bin on the files to .cdg for Keyrite to recognize them. The .bin and .cdg are the same format.

This is known by MTU and will need to be fixed in next Keyrite update. At least I think I saw that somewhere in here? Best bet would be to add a thread in the New Features section to let them know for sure.

Last edited by ddouglass; November 27th, 2006 at 09:08 AM.
Old November 27th, 2006, 09:31 AM

Save a lot of confusion also if they would allow a choice of saving to CDG or BIN in Microstudio for the convenience of several years of customers who, due to MTU's thinking at the time, have saved as CDG.

If they are unwilling to do that, then include a batch conversion from CDG to BIN for the umpteen customers who have a ton of CDG files on their hard drives. Not speaking for myself. I don't store files. After written to disc, they're history.

I didn't notice MAGOO's join date and thought the problem was in navigating in Keyrite. Getting more confusing trying to help people.

MHO

Last edited by George; November 27th, 2006 at 09:37 AM.
Old November 27th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

Actually the fix would be to add .BIN to the Keyrite, KHPro and Vogone programs as acceptable extension and resolve it all the way around since that is the direction that MTU and everyone else is going.
Old November 27th, 2006, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Actually the fix would be to add .BIN to the Keyrite, KHPro and Vogone programs as acceptable extension and resolve it all the way around since that is the direction that MTU and everyone else is going.
ADD BIN, yes. Replace CDG with it does nothing to help the existing customer base unless they provide a batch connversion tool.

I don't see them(the customers) taking it very kindly to being forced to changing the extensions on each file individually, or not doing any further upgrades.

Those would be their options if neither (1)both CDG and BIN, or (2) a batch conversion tool were provided.