MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 20th, 2002, 12:16 AM

Question Looking for some CDG label help

Hi,
Now that I'm up and running burning great copies of my collection, what is the best labeling software and is there anyplace that has some shortcuts to copying labels of popular Karaoke discs??? I bought EZ Label Pro but so far it appears to be real inflexible for labeling stuff.. Any help would be appreciated.
Old December 20th, 2002, 02:23 AM

I use CD Stomper. It's fairly easy to import a scanned image of the disk label into the CD stomper software program and make a copy of it. You can buy refill labels 100 at a time, more reasonable then some of the other brands. Also with the help of Presto Page Manager I can scan Jewel case covers and print exactly the same size copies. Also there is a online disk recognition service, CDDB, included in Roxio CD Creator 4.0 that downloads the titles of the songs into the jewel case cover creator. It's worked with some of my CD+G's but is really more useful for audio CD's as there is more of that in the CDDB database.
Mike G.
Old December 20th, 2002, 10:19 AM

I use "My CD Labeler", and HP 4200c scanner, that gives me the ability to just scan and print.
Stomper label stock at Staples is by far the best price I have found any where.

I do jewel covers with Print Shop.

Jim

Glad you got your system working, it took me forever with my Compaq Celeron. Never was happy with the computer, and found out the hard way about Compaq using their own version of windows.
Old December 20th, 2002, 10:46 AM
Frequent Member

My Quick and "Dirty" way:

I make so many back-ups of CD+G, but Color Copies are expensive and scanning them in is time consuming.

What I do. I use standard Neato US CD Labels (2up). and my copying machine for Exact Black and White Labels of the CD+G's.

1. Take a label blank.
2. Remove both labels.
3. Get an old or ruined CD-R.
4. Place in the exact center of the removed label and tape the
CD-R to where the label was.
5. Using an Exacto Knife, cut out a Circle to the same size of the
CD-R.
6. Do this for both Labels on the 2 up page. This will be your MASTER BLANK
7. Place the Blank (now with two cut out exact circles on your copying machine.
8. Drop your Original CD+G's into the the Cut out blanks.
9. Insert a New Neato Blank into the paper feed tray.
10. You have an exact Black and White Copy of the CD+G Label to Apply to the Backup CD+G you just made.
11. DO NOT USE THE REMOVEABLE LABELS....NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS. THEY WILL WRINKLE.
12. MAKE SURE TO USE A COMMERICAL LABEL APPLIER TO GET THE LABEL CENTERED TO THE CD-R. I HAVE USED MANY AND I LIKE THE NEATO UNIT.

Last edited by kjzone; January 10th, 2003 at 09:54 AM.
Old December 20th, 2002, 11:06 AM

Thanks for the information

Thanks fer the info!! Hey do y'all happen to have any of your scans catalogued? Seems to me if we all kind of swapped labels back and forth we could kind of help everybody out with their backups. That would also save some time.. Just a thought.. What do y'all think.. Looks like I need to get a new scanner. My old one's not compatible with XP (course it's like 7 years old...)
Thanks again!
WallerMan
Old December 20th, 2002, 11:35 AM

Actually I have Sound Choice Foundation 1,2 bricks 1,2,3,4,5 and a few hundred other sound choice, music mistro, SGB in memory I could dump to disc in My cd labeler format. All black & White hand typed font #12 and #10 so they are easy to read in a dark bar.

Jim

Disclaimer:
Note for anyone thinking we are talking about exchanging song files, these are label files only!!! So don't get your shorts in a bunch...
Old December 20th, 2002, 11:50 AM

Too Funny!

Yeah, I thought about that as I posted it.. This is just fer labels people!!
That would be awesome... Also as I scan in my stuff we could swap labels... Hmm sounds like an idea for a forum topic... Jim if you need my email addy let me know... That would be great if you could do that for me...
Now for a disc question that may border on the edge. Bobby Bare has a song called Marie LeVaux... I believe it's only available in the foundation series and I can't afford the whole set... Is there anybody who legally can copy that song and sell it? I have a singer who's been after me for over a year to get it..
...WallerMan
Old December 20th, 2002, 12:11 PM

Be careful guys, the goons read these forums, and the label of a commercial cdg is just as copywriten as the songs. It's their label, including their logo is it not?

Gads I miss private messaging.

George

KJZONE, great idea. I use the NEATO system also. Think it's great, and like their software for KHP productions. Like that idea about making a master template and using the copy machine. Good hit.
Old December 20th, 2002, 12:23 PM

Beware of the Goon's

Yeah, the Goons are everywhere.. And I s'pose the labels are copyrighted.. Couldn't care a less about their logos etc. This is for backing up my collection.. Besides I have my own numbering and titling schema... My database and song list is home built in Access 2000...
I just wish to have a spare copy of the 350 discs I have lawfully acquired and paid for over the years...
And backing up the collection is time consuming which is why I was looking for shortcuts... KJZones Ideas are great!
...WallerMan
Old December 20th, 2002, 12:30 PM

I'd go ahead and copy the labels like KJZONE suggested, for my own back-ups. I didn't mean not to do that. I intend to do that from now on. Swapping them would be the problem.

George
Old December 20th, 2002, 12:58 PM

What I have are hand typed labels, not scans, I think I own the copy rights to these, my wife typed them. I never save scans...
Wallerman I need your email address

Jim

I want my PM back!!!!
Old December 20th, 2002, 01:45 PM

Hi Jim

My email is I have been hand typing all morning.. definitely looking at buying a new all in one scanner/printer/copier...
WallerMan

Last edited by WallerMan; December 20th, 2002 at 02:18 PM.
Old December 20th, 2002, 01:58 PM
Frequent Member

Since were talking about CD Labels........want to pass this along to you guys and gals information on a CD Label "Design" program called " GLIFTIC" at the link below:

http://www.ransen.com/Gliftic/default.htm

This is a very different and Unique Design Program..... The program per-se does not contain any bmp's, jpg's etc. Images.

Basically there are three (3) parts to the program on Generating Unique Design's.

Note: This Program ONLY Generates Images. If you import to a CD Label Program, you use that program to add Text or other images.

Step #1. You pan through images until you find one you like.
If you like it, just save as say a JPG and import it into any CD Label Program. In this program this is called the "FORM:

Step #2. Say you like the image, but it is the wrong color. You next click through the program to get the color you like. In the program this is called the "COLOR SCHEME"

Step #3. Say you like the image and change the color you can go to Step #3 in the program to get a Different "INTERPRETATION" of both the IMAGE AND COLOR.

As you select various Forms, Color Schemes, and Interpretations they are saved, so you can go back and review them.

NO TWO DESIGNS ARE EVER THE SAME......THIS PROGRAM GENERATES 1,000'S OR 10,000'S OF DESIGNS. I USE THIS PROGRAM TO GENERATE CD LABELS FOR MY CUSTOMERS AND THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN DISAPPOINTED.

I'M AMAZED EACH TIME I USE THE PROGRAM OF THE BEAUTIFUL AND UNIQUE IMAGES THE PROGRAM CREATES.

CHECK IT OUT!!!!!

Last edited by kjzone; December 20th, 2002 at 03:39 PM.
Old January 4th, 2003, 01:50 PM

FYI,
Was at Sam's club today, 300 stomper cd labels for $20 What a deal!!!!

Jim
Old January 4th, 2003, 04:07 PM
Frequent Member

Wow.......my wife is at Sams club now......just called her on her cell phone, told her to pick up 2 packs......

Thanks.......
Old January 4th, 2003, 05:03 PM

Sams

Gawd I love Sam's club!! Just one more reason to go there now!!
Thanks!!
PS: Everybody Have a Great Show Tonight and Stay Safe!!

...WallerMan