MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old August 12th, 2021, 12:55 PM

I can\'t play singers disc

I am running hoster version 5.35.01.1 from about 5 or 6 years ago.
About a year ago, I went from Win7 to Win10.
When I tap \"singers disc\" and insert a disc, it seems to search for it but in a few seconds, the drive opens and the disc pops out.
A window appears that seems to be a micro soft window that tells me to insert a disc. When I put it back in, the same thing happens.
I am a casual user for personal enjoyment. Since I converted to Win7, this is the first time that I have ever inserted a CD to play using the \"singers disc\" function.
With Win7 I used it now and then and everything always worked fine.
Any ideas.

Tnx, Phil
Old August 13th, 2021, 09:33 AM
VIP

Re: I can\\\\\\\'t play singers disc

Quote:
Originally Posted by N181RV View Post
I am running hoster version 5.35.01.1 from about 5 or 6 years ago.
About a year ago, I went from Win7 to Win10.
When I tap \\\\\\\"singers disc\\\\\\\" and insert a disc, it seems to search for it but in a few seconds, the drive opens and the disc pops out.
A window appears that seems to be a micro soft window that tells me to insert a disc. When I put it back in, the same thing happens.
I am a casual user for personal enjoyment. Since I converted to Win7, this is the first time that I have ever inserted a CD to play using the \\\\\\\"singers disc\\\\\\\" function.
With Win7 I used it now and then and everything always worked fine.
Any ideas.

Tnx, Phil
The first thing I would do is check to see if there is an updated driver for the cd drive. You can also test the drive through Hoster but I don\\\'t remember how to direct you to that procedure with the older version of Hoster. You can also try a cd without opening Hoster and see if it will recognize it. If it won\'t it may be the driver as I mentioned above or a faulty cd drive.

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.
Old August 13th, 2021, 12:40 PM

Re: I can\\\'t play singers disc

Thank you Walt.. I did play music CD\'s before and after I shut down Hoster. They play fine. Everything in the Hoster program works just fine except that one feature. I don\'t use it anymore, so after changing to Win10 a year or so ago, I have never had a need to use the singers disk feature. And then I decided to sell my karaoke stuff including 1200 CD\'s. That is when I tried to show a prospective buyer how it would play carry in cd\'s and it didnt recognize them. I was going to sell him the 1200 cd\'s, and if he showed me that he bought hoster, I was going to give him my database, and 10 songbooks... , LOL, my luck
Old August 13th, 2021, 01:08 PM
VIP

Re: I can\\\\\\\'t play singers disc

Quote:
Thank you Walt.. I did play music CD\\\'s before and after I shut down Hoster. They play fine. Everything in the Hoster program works just fine except that one feature. I don\\\'t use it anymore, so after changing to Win10 a year or so ago, I have never had a need to use the singers disk feature. And then I decided to sell my karaoke stuff including 1200 CD\\\'s. That is when I tried to show a prospective buyer how it would play carry in cd\\\'s and it didnt recognize them. I was going to sell him the 1200 cd\\\'s, and if he showed me that he bought hoster, I was going to give him my database, and 10 songbooks... , LOL, my luck
One more thing, do you have the K-lite codec installed on your computer and if so have you updated it lately. Also, don\'t forget to check the tools/settings menu to run a test on the cd player. You said you used to play karaoke disks in the past. Are you sure you had the video graphics because many of the older cd players wouldn\'t recognize the cdg files that produce the graphics. Hope this helps.

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.
Old August 14th, 2021, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator

Another thing you can try:
From the Tools menu select settings, from the next dialog select CD Drives. Is your drive showing there as Good or anything else.?
Either way right click on it and from the flyout select Re Test then make sure its shows in the bottom Read Drive Box and press Apply close and test.
If still no luck press the Read Absolute test procedure button. Try again.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old August 14th, 2021, 11:27 AM

Thank you Roy and walt. I am going to check all of these ideas. In the mean time, I am upgrading my old version. Not because it doesn\'t work good, it does. There is just something wrong in the installation when I went from Win7 to Win10 that I just found.

Phil
Old August 24th, 2021, 06:11 PM

It is all ok now. I bought the upgrade and I also upgraded the K-lite about the same time. but any how it is working. I am posting another help request now concerning the Search feature.

Tnx again Phil
Old August 25th, 2021, 07:16 AM
VIP

Re: I can\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t play singers disc

:
Quote:
It is all ok now. I bought the upgrade and I also upgraded the K-lite about the same time. but any how it is working. I am posting another help request now concerning the Search feature.

Tnx again Phil

Last edited by Roy Dennis; March 29th, 2022 at 12:34 PM.
Closed Thread