MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old March 13th, 2012, 06:30 PM
VIP

Re: Computer backup

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post
Roy, just as a follow up, I tried your suggestions in your latest post in this thread and everything worked well. Thank you for your precious time. I learned much from dealing with this issue. After I get through the next couple of shows I have booked I am going to do as you mentioned, which is run both computers from an external hard drive and use another external drive as a backup. I think in the long run this is the best way to go. Thanks again,

Walt
I forgot to mention. On the main computer with all my kma and kmh files on the C: drive, the folders don't show up in the data base window. This happened to me once before and never was able to figure out why this happened. The songs all play but it doesn't show any folders listed. How can that be?

Walt
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

All that info is stored in the HosterInfo.ini file that I told you to copy to a safe place in case you wanted to restore your original computer list.

If you remember I told you to delete the contents of the HosterInfo.ini file because it was directing the database to the C/drive and you wanted to move them to the external.

(But I also said "If things aren't right leave them there then paste the two files you saved at the beginning the HosterInfo.ini and the songs mdb back and you should be back to how it is at the moment.)
If that HosterInfo.ini file gets corrupted you lose that list.

If you still have that copy of how it was before you deleted it's contents then you can paste that back in the Hoster folder then restart Hoster and it should replace that list in the list of folders. If it doesn't then it may have got corrupted.

Or alternately forget about it seeing as it's working OK and just Add the folders manually using the Add folders button.
It will work alright as it is until you want to rebuild the database.
It was noted that it sometimes disappeared in 5.04-05 versions and think it is fixed in the next upgrade.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old March 13th, 2012, 08:03 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
All that info is stored in the HosterInfo.ini file that I told you to copy to a safe place in case you wanted to restore your original computer list.

If you remember I told you to delete the contents of the HosterInfo.ini file because it was directing the database to the C/drive and you wanted to move them to the external.

(But I also said "If things aren't right leave them there then paste the two files you saved at the beginning the HosterInfo.ini and the songs mdb back and you should be back to how it is at the moment.)
If that HosterInfo.ini file gets corrupted you lose that list.

If you still have that copy of how it was before you deleted it's contents then you can paste that back in the Hoster folder then restart Hoster and it should replace that list in the list of folders. If it doesn't then it may have got corrupted.

Or alternately forget about it seeing as it's working OK and just Add the folders manually using the Add folders button.
It will work alright as it is until you want to rebuild the database.
It was noted that it sometimes disappeared in 5.04-05 versions and think it is fixed in the next upgrade.
Once again, I thank you. I'll leave as is for now since it is working.

Walt
Old April 7th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Administrator

Because a few users reported the Build Database dialog's "Indexed Folders" list and the "Excluded Folders" list could be damaged.

When you install 5.06, Hoster opens your HosterInfo.ini file, and copy the "Indexed" list into a new separate file (see the manual for the filename) and the "Excluded" list to a new second file. This insures the two will not interact again.

Thus, 5.06 should prevent your "Indexed" list from disappearing.

Let us know if you upgrade to 5.06 and still have this problem.