MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 13th, 2001, 12:19 AM

Question How's KHP compared to DART KARAOKE STUDIO?

I've used DART KARAOKE STUDIO... and boy was it a long process to sync the lyrics to the music. Is KHP any easier?

P.S. How can I put the lyrics on top of a video?
Old August 13th, 2001, 03:04 AM

Thumbs up

The new KHP V.2 is just amazing. It might not have the bitmap inclusion, but does this really matter. There are ways of putting in title screen txt which does not sweep which to me is more than enough.

I too have tried Darts prog and it was all to long a process to make a cdg. OK you could go back and replace words, but so far I have not much trouble if any just hitting the space bar and ctrl key to place and sweep lyrics.

If you know the song you could have a cdg ready within 10 mins

KHP v.2 now comes with full choice of background and border colour or transparency. Full choice of fonts which can be bold and outlined giving a lovely effect. A choice of 2 to 6 lines displayed on screen. I have been making cdg's with KHPv.2 which rival and surpass many of the comercial karaoke manufacturers wares.

KHP v.2 is so easy to use, its very uncomplicated. For great results BUY IT.
1024MB DDR RAM
256MB ATi Radeon 9800SE
Realtek AC97 On Board Audio

Laptop
Windows XP Home - Service Pack 2
Intel Celeron 2.8ghz
1gb Ram
Radeon IGP 345M
Old August 13th, 2001, 06:28 AM
Administrator

Making video

Jenjen, the Karaoke CDG disc format is different from anything else. The .cdg file that KHPro creates on the hard drive cannot be imported directly into Adobe Premiere.

The only way I have thought of to get the sweeping lyrics into a video file is the following:

1. Create your Karaoke song in KHPro with the same border and background color.

2. Play the .cdg song and record the video signal back into a video capture card in the computer. Yu may be able to use Microstudio to do this. Alternatively, write the .cdg song(s) to a Karaoke CDG disc, buy a Karaoke Player, and play the disc in the player. The video output signal Microstudio provides will not drive a TV monitor, so this is probably not an option.

3. Once you have recorded the video signal. open it in Premiere and do what they allow to drop out the background and border colors (chroma key). The remaining video with the text and sweep highlighting in different colors should be able to overlay above your video in the Premiere video mixer.

Let me know if this works.
Old August 14th, 2001, 04:33 PM

Question Karaoke Video II

My purpose is to create a karaoke cd for karaoke player - which plays both the cdg and the video background. Now how is the karaoke player be able to display both (ESPECIALLY THE VIDEO behind the sweeping lyric)? What format is the file for the video part and can i create such a file in addition to the cdg??
Old August 14th, 2001, 05:08 PM
Blocked From MTU.Community

To answer you in a nutshell; you can't display full-motion video in cd+g format.

There are "VCD's" (video compact discs) for which you will need a special player that can handle that format, and it sounds like you have one.

But, as far as full-motion video on a typical "karaoke machine" (which is CD+G only) you're out of luck.

For the Video Cd's: keep in mind that the videos are interesting the first few times you see them, but on particularly popular songs they will quickly wear out their welcome.

Just like seeing some manufacturers logo or website advertisement on the screen all the time. Yuck!

Last edited by PastMember; August 14th, 2001 at 05:14 PM.
Old August 14th, 2001, 10:52 PM
Frequent Member

Could not agree with you more on the vcd part chip.
on the KHP2 vs Dart.
Have tried both am sticking with KHP2 due to ease of use.
Took me one full hour to get the hang of placing lyrics in KHP 1
when I tried Dart I just couldn't get the hang of it the place lyrics screen was just too complicated for me.
I enjoy making songs with KHP2 because I can better set the lyrics just looking at the lyric screena nd listening to the music itself. with dart you get this screen that has nothing to do with karaoke itself so you can't tell if you are placing the lyrics correctly. I also found that KHP 2 allows easier placement of words in one pass while you have to make a first pass placing the lines and going back to correct your placement of the words on Dart, which makes dart a very hard to use program.
I know I sound like I am paid by MTU but I'm not on their patroll, I'm just a very satisfied customer.
Just so you know the last sevn songs I have made were done on KHP 2009 and have come out looking a lot like what NUTECH did with their KJTOOLS set. IT really looks professional.

Last edited by danny_g; August 14th, 2001 at 11:00 PM.
Old August 15th, 2001, 03:55 PM

syncing lyric....

In DART: when syncing a word of more than 2 syllables, DART just quickly highlights that whole word (period) without following through with the beat/syllables of the vocalist of that word. Ex: "Jingle Bells" in DART, it'll highlight/flash 'Jingle' as one sweeping syllable rather than 2 ('Jin' & 'gle'). Even with one syllable words that has a long beat, DART just simply flashes the word.

Does KHP produce the same problem?
Old August 15th, 2001, 06:04 PM

If you want to stretch the lyric sweep for an unlimited time in KHP you can. You can also divide "Jingle" into "Jin*gle" and sweep each half of the word individually if you like (the asterisk won't appear in the text)

All in all, KHP is still light years ahead of Dart.

TIP TO USERS:

I usually will tap the key on the LAST syllable of a longer word and that saves alot of hassle on timing...

For example, if you have the word "completely", then tap the key when you reach the "lee" (or "ly") as you're singing along with it. This is very effective for just about any word that ends in "LY" or "ED"; (Lady, discovered, etc.)
Old August 16th, 2001, 04:42 PM

Question subtitles

Karaoke videos w/ lyrics: they always have 2 lines of lyrics at the bottom of the screen. And then after the 2 lines been sweeped, the next 2 lines appears and the 2 earlier lines disappears. Now in KHP, can i modify it so it'll run the lyrics in with 2 lines at the bottom instead of having the lyrics scroll up/down?
Old August 16th, 2001, 05:16 PM

Yes you can. If you want them at the bottom of the screen, then select 6 lines ot text on the screen and use only the last 2. You will still have to "sweep the blank lines", but it'll be easy enough to do.
Old August 19th, 2001, 02:02 AM

Is there any real difference to burn cdg onto cd using MicroStudio compared to other burning softwares(capable of cdg burning)??

Is Vogone better than DART KARAOKE's DEVOCALIZER or any other vocal remover programs? Gotta know this b4 i buy it ;)
Old August 19th, 2001, 09:10 PM
Administrator

Exclamation Lines replace not scroll

KHPro does not scroll lines vertically off the screen. Each line has a fixed location on the display, based on how many you select to display. As C.Staley pointed out, selecting 6 lines splits the display in to 6 equal vertical line areas. If you place 4 blank lines on each "page" you will only display on the bottom 2 lines. Conversely, if you only want text at the top 2 lines, add 4 blank lines at the bottom of each page.

Microstudio includes a full screen Karaoke player that plays from either a disc in the CDR/CDROM, or from created and stored projects that hold files stored on the hard drive.

Review the screen images in Microstudio at: http://www.mtu.com/basics/karaoke-details.htm to see how easy it is to use. The 4 primary tab functions are:

1. Duplicate Disc - does what it implies

2. Custom Assembly - allows you to create a new disc project and add/move songs up/down the list to get them in the order you want them on the disc

3. Import Tracks - Allows importing files to the hard drive as either .cdg or .wav (from a Karaoke CDG disc, .wav only from Audio CDs). This is much easier than copying one song at a time. There are buttons to add the imported files directly into the Custom Assembly project, or a Play project (see below).

4. Play - Allows playing from the disc in the CDR/CDROM drive or creating projects of songs on the hard drive. If you select some songs, only they will play instead of the entire disc or project.

5. Launch KHPro, Vogone, Keyrite - These 3 extra tabs allow you to launch these other MTU programs with a single click. Thus, Microstudio is the "platform" that the other programs work around. They don't require Microstudio, but they are all engineered to "fit" together.

A very notable fact is that Microstudio is easier to use than other programs. Microstudio is focused only on Karaoke, not every possible technically do-able CD format in the world. None of our clients know how many bytes per sector there are for the CDG format, and we think they should NEVER need to know this. It is a tech-fact that can be mindboggling to even studio engineers. All you do with Microstudio is click the Karaoke button or the Audio button (or CDG or WAV for file formats in the Import Tracks tab). That's all. We hide the technical requirements. You simply get the job done without worrying about it. It's really that easy! It's been the trademark of MTU products for over 3 decades. It is what we do very well.