MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old May 3rd, 2012, 02:44 PM

Question Hoster Crashing

I have been using Hoster for years and have worked thru just about every bug it has thrown to me with no problems... Until now... Here are the specs first of all
1. I have a desktop computer running Windows 7 64 bit a terabyte for the hard drive and 291 gig still open
2.My processor speed is 3.10Ghz
3. Ram 8.00Gb
4. Hoster version 5.06
5. Nvidia Galaxy GeForce GT520 video card

I was working without the dual display setting everything up and had no problems at all. Come showtime with singers eagerly waiting I came across songs I normally sing with no sound, no graphics or would freeze up hoster and cause it to stop working to the point of having to restart my entire computer. When I returned to the old computer with the external hard drive that I used to install all of the karaoke songs (25,000+) those same songs worked right. I was wondering what possibly I could do to correct this problem or if there is a patch or fix somewhere for this. I have a Benefit for One of our fallen soldiers and his family to do in two weeks and would really like to be back up and running.

Thank you for any and all help...

Old May 3rd, 2012, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Hoster Crashing

Which version did you upgrade from ?
You say "When I returned to the old computer with the external hard drive that I used to install all of the karaoke songs (25,000+) those same songs worked right"
Was the old computer and hard drive using version 5.06 ?

This is just a suggestion, try the 5.07 released May 7, 2012.

It can run alongside your existing Hoster so you can switch from one to the other, It may solve your problems.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 04:34 PM

I'm sorry my old computer is a Toshiba Satelite Laptop with Windows 7 64 Bit also on it. 500 gb hd 2.20Ghz Processor and 4.00gb RAM. Running Hoster 5.01 I exported all the songs onto a WD External HD and moved them onto my new desktop. It freezes up after a song or two and also if you hit stop before the counter is done. Like I said I've never had this problem before and used to use and external hard drive all the time. I will also try the 5.07 and see if that makes it any easier. Thank you and if you or anyone else has any other ideas please let me know.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 04:41 PM

Hoster 5.07 Beta seems to do the trick for the most part. I'm finding that if you try to stop a song and start another one too soon that is when the problem comes in. It freezes and/or becomes unresponsive and shuts down. Maybe that is something that can be fixed in the future. Until then hubby and I are going to have to slow down a little bit Thank you for your help!!!!
Old May 3rd, 2012, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

One thing that may help. Open the Tools/Audio Controls dialog, at the bottom is a setting (prevent audio dropouts) that should be set to 10 by default, see if setting it to a higher # helps.

A#1 setting makes Hoster respond quicker to different actions but can cause audio drop outs 20 makes response slower but less prone to audio drops. worth just experimenting with.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old May 8th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Administrator

Hoster 5.07 is Released!

Click here for the Upgrade/Download page. It shows what we changed. A lot more work was done on preventing audio dropouts, and preventing crashes by clicking Stop, Skip, Restart, or yellow Play buttons before the fade out has time to finish.

Tags
freeze up, hoster, nvidia