MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 11th, 2010, 12:33 PM

Song titles instead of the name?

When I import songs (bin files) they sometimes (often) come into the write disk area as the name of the singer such as Creed. Why doesn't the name of the song show up anymore? It used to in the first version of Microstudio that I purchased in 2004... I wish I could go back to that version as it worked. Is something in my set up wrong that this is what I get. I have a screen shot to show if I am not making myself clear. Can I post that in here?
Old June 11th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Song titles instead of the name?

Post the screen shot.
Are they listed correctly in the list on the left side of the main screen?
What version of Microstudio are you using?
The Write List should be showing both Title and Artist as well as the Filename.
Old June 12th, 2010, 02:24 PM

I attached the screen shot. I have the very latest version as I upgraded within the last two months.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2010-06-11 at 11.25.54 AM.png (699.3 KB, 18 views)
Old June 12th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Administrator

1. Please attach a screen shot of Microstudio showing the problem.

2. Also, run Microstudio, click the Help menu, then click the "About Microstudio..." command. Read the Version # and post it here please so we know for sure.

3. Also, please grab a screen shot of Explorer showing the same folder selected in Microstudio so we can see the filenames.

It is hard to say what has changed in the past 6 years. I don't think we have changed the Title-Artist display in the "My Songs" window, so we need help diagnosing your problem.
Old June 12th, 2010, 04:33 PM

4.22 is the version. I don't know how to do what you are asking me to do. I tried to attach the screen shot (where it says Manage attachments) but it apparently did not upload for you to see. How do you post it to this thread where you see it and I see it actually happened. Sorry but I am a Mac person.
Old June 12th, 2010, 04:44 PM

Here is a screen shot of the songs that I was trying to duplicated a disk of using Write Disk. Getting the disk from the hard drive. I never have learned how to use the part of this software that has two windows open side-by-side. I just use the write disk mode to make cds.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2010-06-12 at 3.38.12 PM.png (139.8 KB, 14 views)
Old June 12th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

If you use the Browse in Microstudio and open to that folder what do you see. Both Artist and Title or just Artist?
Old June 14th, 2010, 04:58 PM

I see the song title, the version (such as sound choice) and the name. When I bring it into the write disk window the name and title are not there. Were you able to view the screen shots I sent?
Old June 14th, 2010, 05:01 PM

Here's two I copied to paste:

ASK820-01_-_Lady_GaGa_-_Alejandro
ASK820-02_-_Lady_GaGa_-_Bad_Romance

so it's the no., the artist and the title.
Old June 14th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

On the left side are they in the correct columns (Titles under Title, Artist under Artist)? If they are backward then that would be why you see the Artist instead of the Title.
If this is the case then you need to set the Default Fields correctly with the right separators. This is under Tools at the top.
Old June 14th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
On the left side are they in the correct columns (Titles under Title, Artist under Artist)? If they are backward then that would be why you see the Artist instead of the Title.
If this is the case then you need to set the Default Fields correctly with the right separators. This is under Tools at the top.
Thanks Dale! My computer has been down (now back operational) or I would have said the same.

Rebeca, please understand we cannot control what "order" your filename has for Title and Artist. Thus, we added this "Default Fields" command and dialog to allow you to select the format your filenames are in.

If you have many filenames in various different orders and delimiters (ex: " - ", "_-_", "-", etc.), you may want to consider using a file renaming program (maybe someone will suggest one they use) to get them all into the same format (ex: "DiscID-Track#_-_Title_-_Artist.mp3, or "DiscID-Track# - Artist - Title.mp3, etc.).

WARNING! Once you select a format, you don't want to change it. Otherwise, you will have them indexed in the "My List" as different formats, and it will confuse you until you rename them all the same way. It is best to do it up front.
Old June 14th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebecaEigen View Post
Here's two I copied to paste:

ASK820-01_-_Lady_GaGa_-_Alejandro
ASK820-02_-_Lady_GaGa_-_Bad_Romance

so it's the no., the artist and the title.
If you look at the heading up top does it show the Artists in the Title column or the Title?
Old June 21st, 2010, 12:42 AM

Ok I went up to tools and I put in title, artist, track (which is the last choice on the far right)... still doesn't work. When I first bought this software everything came in fine. I truly wish I could go back to that version. It was simple. It worked. I regret upgrading every single time because of this problem. I don't understand this.
Old June 21st, 2010, 12:57 AM

Quote:

I only use the write disk function as I don't understand how to use the main 2 windows (or what I guess you are calling the "left side" ... have never used that...
Old June 21st, 2010, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebecaEigen View Post
Ok I went up to tools and I put in title, artist, track (which is the last choice on the far right)... still doesn't work. When I first bought this software everything came in fine. I truly wish I could go back to that version. It was simple. It worked. I regret upgrading every single time because of this problem. I don't understand this.
According to the two examples you gave in an above post, then that is no the right order. It should be DiskID-Track, then Artist, and then Title. This would be the top middle one with a couple modifications.
First check the middle top one, then find the small column after the word "Track" and click the arrow to the right of it. Choose the one that shows "_-_" and then do the same in the one after "Artist". That should set the names up correctly.

Microstudio is not that hard to use. I would highly recommend you read the manual (click on the "Manual" at the top) and find out how to use Microstudio. You can do a whole lot more than just right your files to a disk.
Old June 21st, 2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
According to the two examples you gave in an above post, then that is no the right order. It should be DiskID-Track, then Artist, and then Title. This would be the top middle one with a couple modifications.
First check the middle top one, then find the small column after the word "Track" and click the arrow to the right of it. Choose the one that shows "_-_" and then do the same in the one after "Artist". That should set the names up correctly.

Microstudio is not that hard to use. I would highly recommend you read the manual (click on the "Manual" at the top) and find out how to use Microstudio. You can do a whole lot more than just right your files to a disk.
That's all I actually need. I did what you said and it's better ... the whole song title comes in now. Not in the order set in the tools but at least I can read it. Thanks for all your help.
Old June 21st, 2010, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

If I remeber correctly the DiskID & track number do not show in the write window. You should see the Title and Artist though. Could be your columns are too wide and you don't see the second part.

Tags
song titles