MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 26th, 2008, 01:25 AM

Karaoke with click track

Does anyone know if it is possible to place a click track to intro my kma files. I am looking to do a live band/karaoke show. We need the lyrics to scroll as usual, and the music on one track and the click track on another.

Will any of MTU's programs help me with this?

Thanks,

Jerry
Old March 26th, 2008, 11:25 AM

The only way I can think of that might possibly work would be to use an audio editing program, build a click track the same length and tempo as the music you'll be playing, and save it as a wav file. Import it and the lyrics into Karaoke Home Producer and use it to create the Karaoke track(cdg or bin) sweeping the text in sync with the beats, save it as a cdg or bin karaoke track, and import it into Hoster.

May I presume to ask the need, when the percussion in the music does pretty much the same thing...sets the tempo?

Not trying to be argumentative, but see an opportunity to perhaps learn something.

Erectile dysfunction treatment

Last edited by George; March 26th, 2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old March 26th, 2008, 12:07 PM

Rock karaoke

Thanks George,

After I made the post I did more research, and that is what I came up with also

I may not have been clear. This is karaoke with a live band. We need the click track so that the drummer can start the song in time with the lyrics coming on the screen. He generally needs a 4 count before the actual song starts. The track doesn't really need to be through the whole song, just in the intro. I would like to keep the audio track as well, as some people that do this even use the audio track to augment the live sound. Hope that explains it better.

All of my songs have been converted to kma for hoster. Can I import that file as well? I would suppose I would export then from Hoster, but I haven't used the probram for a while, and am not familiar with the procedure.

Do I need to create new lyrics or can I keep the ones in the kma.

Is this all explained in KHP documentation, I could just buy it and fool around and not take up your time asking what are probably silly questions

Thanks,

Jerry

I don't understand what you meant by sweeping the
Old March 26th, 2008, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerst View Post
Thanks George,

After I made the post I did more research, and that is what I came up with also

I may not have been clear. This is karaoke with a live band. We need the click track so that the drummer can start the song in time with the lyrics coming on the screen. He generally needs a 4 count before the actual song starts. The track doesn't really need to be through the whole song, just in the intro. I would like to keep the audio track as well, as some people that do this even use the audio track to augment the live sound. Hope that explains it better.

All of my songs have been converted to kma for hoster. Can I import that file as well? I would suppose I would export then from Hoster, but I haven't used the probram for a while, and am not familiar with the procedure.

Do I need to create new lyrics or can I keep the ones in the kma.

Is this all explained in KHP documentation, I could just buy it and fool around and not take up your time asking what are probably silly questions

Thanks,

Jerry
Jerry,
There is no way to edit the music or lyrics in a KMA file, none that I know of anyway.

Here's what I would do:

1. memorize the words to the song

2. extract (rip) the karaoke track from the disc as an mp3

3. use an audio editor to add the count off clicks

4. run the completed mp3 in Hoster for a show

You can use KHP to add lyrics to your completed mp3 but you will have to type them yourself.

Quote:

I don't understand what you meant by sweeping the
You have to tell KHP when to "sweep" the color across the words. I'm sure this is what George means.

I hope this helps.

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old March 26th, 2008, 02:07 PM

What I would do is import the track to the hard drive with Microstudio as an audio file NOT KARAOKE. Then delete the excess blank lead in left by the MFG's title page, add the click track to it with an audio editor, and save it.

Then combine it with the lyrics and build a new Karaoke track with Karaoke Home Producer.

I believe the end result would be cleaner as MP3's are reputed to not be the best audio quality due to over compression. Never having used one, that's based on what I've read in these forums.

Yes Jerst, Jim's right in what I meant by sweeping. It is covered in the KHP manual.

Old March 26th, 2008, 04:33 PM

I'm really not an idiot, I just play one on TV

OK, I get most of it, but what do you mean combine it with the lyrics. Do I have to type them in, or can they be extracted from the CDG? I am willing to by the software needed. Right now I only own Hoster, but if other programs are required, then, I'm all over it.

Jerry
Old March 26th, 2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerst View Post
OK, I get most of it, but what do you mean combine it with the lyrics. Do I have to type them in, or can they be extracted from the CDG? I am willing to by the software needed. Right now I only own Hoster, but if other programs are required, then, I'm all over it.Jerry
Hey, we all started new with these products, so don't be afraid to ask.

What I meant by combining it with the lyrics was both the audio track and lyrics would have to be imported into Karaoke Home Producer. You can't extract the lyrics from the commercial disc.

I set up a folder that I named LYRICS (very original). I go to the internet, find the lyrics, copy and paste them into Word Perfect which will convert text from lower to upper case (that's strictly my way, as I prefer upper case for easier reading). You could copy and paste them in lower case into notepad/wordpad if you use lower case. You can also paste them directly into Karaoke Home Producer but I prefer to prepare them in a seperate folder and then import them into KHP when I'm ready to create the Karaoke file. Either way, it saves a lot of typing.

At that time you'd import the altered audio file and the prepared lyrics text file into KHP and create the new Karaoke file. By preparing I mean setting the number of words to a line, font size, instrumental breaks, etc, which is well covered in the manual.

At the minimum you'd need Karaoke Home producer and Microstudio. Microstudio to import the track from the disc as an audio track, and KHP to create the new file. You'd also need an audio editor. I've been quite pleased witrh one called Goldwave for several years. As I recall it's in the $50.00 range.

As for MTU's Microstudio and KHp, considering the price break, you might want to consider the Karaoke Suite 4., and pick up Keyrite(key changer) and Vogone(vocal remover/reducer).

Hope this clears up some mud I may have slung around

Old March 26th, 2008, 06:09 PM

Whooppeee

thanks George, that about covers it.

I am told that some people actually take some istruments out of their audio if they live players to do them. Is there an MTU product that can assist with that. I know there are programs for vocal removal, but is there any way to do it with instruments.

Thanks for all your help.

Jerry
Old March 26th, 2008, 06:42 PM

I have used Vogone to reduce or remove a lead instrument as well as vocals.

Bear in mind neither vocal removel or instrument removal is a 100% thing 100% of the time. It all depends on the recording. The least effective are mono tracks and older mono stereo remastered tracks.

The most effective are stereo tracks where the lead was recorded center panned with little or no digitally added reverb.

MTU's newer Vogone is enjoying a degree of success with non-center panned material.

Others may have had different results, but that's been my experience.

Vogone will handle instruments as well as vocals.

Old March 26th, 2008, 06:52 PM

Vogone

Great, I'll research buying the package. I completely understand the not 200% thing. I have been in or around the Karaoke business for about 15 years, so I've seen em all

Are there parameters that you tweak to remove lead instruments? Sorry, I;m jsut too busy to read the manual right now.

Jerry
Old March 26th, 2008, 07:47 PM

I'm not familiar with the newer Vogone as I haven't messed with either Vocal or instrument removal with it, so I'll invite anybody with smarts in that area to dive in, but I'd imagine the process is pretty much as it was when I did play with it, that being it worked the same with either vocals or instruments, as both cover a wide range of frequencies.

Old March 27th, 2008, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
I believe the end result would be cleaner as MP3's are reputed to not be the best audio quality due to over compression.
You are correct, mp3 is not the best sound quatilty but it is the smallest and pretty good. I thought to myself after I posted that to rip it as a .wav file is better quatlity but the file 10 times larger.

Thanks George

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old March 27th, 2008, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator

Better to work with the wav larger size and better quality, get it all done and then compress it to mp3+g if that is the way you need to go or KMA if using Hoster..