MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 1st, 2006, 10:31 PM

No Winner Here

Just tried the Vogone 3003 Demo and see little or no improvement. Certainly not worth spending any money for [in George's opinion].

I realize it's reverb and echos that are the problem [for George], but who wants to sing with annoying ghosts?

The sooner MTU realizes this is what most want the sooner they may try for a real vocal remover, and I'll be the first to clap. Been hoping for that for five years now, and keep hearing hints about it from MTU.

George.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 06:45 AM

Vogone Demo

I've just downloaded the new demo, sadly I'm not impressed. How can anyone evaluate the program with the loud beeps and whines coming from the program.
As a longtime user of MTU products I think you've taken the security issue a little too far this time. Do we really need to have these distractions. The program is not been given a chance.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 12:21 PM

I too downloaded the demo. I started to listen to a song, but the damned screeching and beeping hurt my ears, so I removed it from my computer without finishing the thirty second trial. If those annoying screeches are removed, I will try it again. Otherwise I won't be a customer for this one, though I own all other versions. The thirty second trial period should be enough security without all this garbage.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Gentlemen, we are sorry for the "audio hampering", but without it TO SOME PEOPLE, the product is fully useable, along with an editor.

I am speaking from clear experience as we didn't do audio hampering in our DNoise demo we released several years ago. Within a week, our sales dropped to less than 1/20th and never came back up, even though this was the best noise removal tool on the market. In several more months, we found a French web site with over 40,000 downloads. So, you don't see DNoise in our price list today because it was basically put in public domain... as a very useable demo.

We will probably never attempt to remove reverb-echo, because many professional reverb boxes create DIFFERENT sounds for the left and right channel, making it impossible to remove with the current technology. This was pointed out to us by a musician / audio engineer schooled in the art of adding reverb.

We could set the amplitude of the audio hampering lower, and that will be considered. Thanks for the feedback.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 01:38 PM

I'm ready to upgrade now, without any demo. I'm just waiting on my discount voucher, which hasn't shown up in my e-mail yet. My credit card is getting all sweaty from my death grip.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 05:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by orzelw
I'm ready to upgrade now, without any demo. I'm just waiting on my discount voucher, which hasn't shown up in my e-mail yet. My credit card is getting all sweaty from my death grip.
Discount emails went out last night and the orders are rolling in.

If you don't get yours tomorrow, email sales@mtu.com with the email you are registered at MTU with, and he can send it again to you. Some ISPs delay delivering emails. Make sure your email from @mtu.com is not stuck in your SPAM or JUNK folder. It often is as we are a ".com".
Old May 2nd, 2006, 10:48 PM

ADMIN,

Regarding the audio hampering, I wonder if there's an alternative.

There is no need to create and save an output file with a 30 sec demo.
Obviously what one hears when playing the Vogone track in the demo program is what one gets, therefore no need to save it. Really pointless.

What about the possibility of disabling the CREATE OUTPUT FILE button, and have a pop-up advising that the feature is only operative in the full version. Then there would be no file created to work with in an audio program

Would that be a workable compromise to remove the audio hampering and still preserve the security?...Dunno, just thinking out loud.

George
Old May 3rd, 2006, 04:40 AM

No Winner Here

Perhaps setting the amplitude of the audio hampering lower should be considered. I normally plug the demo track in my desk and play it through my p.a. before I decide if the tracks good enough to use. Imagine the shock I received when I heard the audio hampering, it nearly took my speakers out.
Old May 3rd, 2006, 06:10 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by George
There is no need to create and save an output file with a 30 sec demo.

Obviously what one hears when playing the Vogone track in the demo program is what one gets, therefore no need to save it. Really pointless.

What about the possibility of disabling the CREATE OUTPUT FILE button, and have a pop-up advising that the feature is only operative in the full version. Then there would be no file created to work with in an audio program

Would that be a workable compromise to remove the audio hampering and still preserve the security?...Dunno, just thinking out loud.
The demo doesn't allow saving. It already displays a pop-up when you click it, with the message the full version allows saving.

There are freeware programs that allow recording anything you play as a .wav file on the hard drive, so without the audio hampering, anyone can use an audio editor and chop up a song into 30 second chunks, then process each and paste them back together. Sorry, you may not consider doing this, but MANY others would.

We definitely need to adjust the amplitude of the inserted audio beeps. As Eric and others pointed out, they are too loud. We'll get it out soon.
Old May 3rd, 2006, 06:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Whitehouse
Imagine the shock I received when I heard the audio hampering, it nearly took my speakers out.
I hear you Eric.

In searching for how to hamper the demo, yet leave it useful for evaluation, we remembered that another audio "plug-in" company used this technique. It is successful, maybe too much so.

We didn't fully weigh the effect of the amplitude setting. We will reduce it to lower the inserted beeps impact.

Thanks for your feedback!
Old May 4th, 2006, 11:04 AM

Talking

"No winner here?" Au contraire, George. My $40 was well spent. I got my upgrade last night and went to work on several "mic cover-ups" created with the previous version. I had good success at reducing the vocals even further on several. (Ever try Gary Lewis and the Playboys?) I have my work cut out for me now, going back on the troublesome tracks and running them through the new version.
Old May 4th, 2006, 11:48 AM

Glad it works to your satisfaction.....enjoy.

Vogone has always has been the best around, but not for what I want.

That's why they have vanilla and chocolate ice cream

George
Old May 4th, 2006, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orzelw
My $40 was well spent. I got my upgrade last night and went to work on several "mic cover-ups" created with the previous version. I had good success at reducing the vocals even further on several. (Ever try Gary Lewis and the Playboys?) I have my work cut out for me now, going back on the troublesome tracks and running them through the new version.

ORZELW,

Why don't you edit your post something like I did above so's it would make sense to a reader and post it on the Vogone Testimonials forum? I'm sure MTU would be appreciative..

George
Old May 4th, 2006, 02:01 PM

Done, George. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old May 5th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Administrator

We just uploaded a new Vogone 3.004 Demo version.

We significantly reduced the hampering beep amplitude. We truly appreciate those of you who reported the offensiveness.

For those who were upset with the prior Demo, please download and install this new version.

Please note: We did NOT change the filename or version. Please select YES when asked to replace your prior downloaded Demo file.