MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 2nd, 2001, 09:03 AM

Unhappy Vogone 2 - I've Downloaded Vogone 2 with mixed results???

I downloaded Vogone 2 and it's running fine.
Does anyone else have better results with Vogone 2????

I like the real-time feature of the program
I like the adjustments of the program
I like that it keeps in more of the background music
But that's it.

I could never get the vocals to be removed
In fact the vocals were removed better with Vogone 1

Old August 2nd, 2001, 11:24 AM

Exclamation

I agree the vocal were better removed with Vogone 1, but to the cost of a lot of bass, drums and treble.

Vogone 2 is far superior in that it allows adjustment [and retaining the bass and treble]. It took me about 5 days [as a beta tester with no manual ] of devocing and playing around to start to know what to do. Now it takes me about 5 mins to set up and devoc a track ready for use with KHP.

Remember that someone will be singing over the top of this, I know its not perfect having a small bit of vocal left in. But hey its better getting the chance to sing songs that you want that will never appear on manufactured CDG's.

Persevere, you will get results.
1024MB DDR RAM
256MB ATi Radeon 9800SE
Realtek AC97 On Board Audio

Laptop
Windows XP Home - Service Pack 2
Intel Celeron 2.8ghz
1gb Ram
Radeon IGP 345M
Old August 2nd, 2001, 04:25 PM

Question I'm Still Waiting, but...

I'm still waiting for my unlock code to be sent for Vogone II, but I hope it does as it is supposed to do, otherwise I'll be asking for a refund.

At the moment, I use DART Karaoke Studio's De-Vocalizer, which is very good for most songs, but there are still quite a lot of songs I want to devocalize that don't work.

As the advert states... 'Vogone II will remove the vocals from any wave file'... so I certainly hope it will, otherwise we'd be entitled to a refund under the trades descriptions act? (If you have that in the USA!!).

Bose
Old August 3rd, 2001, 12:27 AM

Smile Hello Bose

Hello Bose:

I too purchased the DART Devocalizer.
But like you it doesn't filter that well. At least the latest version.

Just to give you an idea, I would put "DART Devoc" between Vogone 1 and 2. If you like the DART adjustments you'll like Vogone 2 adjustments even better.

But like any software it can be improved to remove "VOCALS" even further. After you work with Vogone 2 you can post your suggestions in the appropriate forum for the next version of Vogone.

Do read the manual that comes with Vogone 2. You might have better results after reading it. Just don't expect miracles. At least not yet.
Old August 3rd, 2001, 02:54 AM

Exclamation

Vogone 2 is good at what it does, but remember what we are trying to achieve here. We are trying to remove certain noises from a manufactured music file.

I don't think devocing is really going to get any better. Their are several progs out there and most usually have results roughly like Vogone 1 and Dart's devoc tool.

Vogone 2 is by far best of the bunch, but I get the feeling some folk are looking for instant miracles. I am afraid what some of you are looking for can only be achieved by taking high quality recording equipment and a sniper rifle to a concert. Hoping the rest of the band believe the show must go on, even though you have just taken out the singer as he reached for his mic for the first time.
Now thats how to get a good KHP usuable wav.

Anyway the point being, Vogone 2 does give a great level of satisfaction if you stop looking for miracles. Its a complicated to remove vocals from a manufactured wav file which has probably been through all sorts of processes in a recording studio.

Sit back from it, is that audible vocal as bad as you think ??? Could you outsing that ????
1024MB DDR RAM
256MB ATi Radeon 9800SE
Realtek AC97 On Board Audio

Laptop
Windows XP Home - Service Pack 2
Intel Celeron 2.8ghz
1gb Ram
Radeon IGP 345M
Old August 3rd, 2001, 03:15 AM

Post Read the manual with Vogone

I read the manual with Vogone 2. Did all the steps one by one. Unfortunately I still can't get the vocals to remove sufficiently. Oh well I guess theres always the next version.
Old August 5th, 2001, 02:16 PM

I think some may be losing their perspective. I'm not exactly tickled to death with Vocal removers that don't appear to live up to their claim, Dart. Thompson, and Vogones 1&2 included. Notice I said appear to live up to their claim, because they all do exactly what they imply, and that's to remove the LEAD VOCAL. What they cannot successfully remove in most instances are digitally added reverb and echo tracks, and that's what we're left with, and what we might as well get used to, or forget about vocal removal.I have the Dart Sampler, and it didn't take long to see that for all it's bells and whistles it does not perform one bit better than Vogone 1 0r 2. As I read it, if you're just interested in producing some cdg's to sing along with unmindful of the lead singer's echo messing things up, then have at it, but if you're interested in the end product being cd's of yourself singing SOLO,and in your own style, then forget it as it's not available anywhere at any price at the present time. Wish I was wrong, but I don't believe so, when you consider that the Thompson VE-4 only makes claim to results being"virtually inaudible" in only 25% of the time, and at a current sale price of $1695.00. Irregardless of all of the above, I do not feel the intent of these forums is to air individual criticisims, (that's what private e-mail or phones are for) but rather to search for answers to legitimate problems.

As for me, even though I'm tad dissapointed in vocal removal in general, not just Vogone, MTU keep up the fantastic work.

Thanks,
George

Last edited by George; August 5th, 2001 at 02:27 PM.
Old August 6th, 2001, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Cool Thank you George

Well said on every point. The expectations from many are beyond what the technolgy can deliver.

Vogone 2 is a $100 product. It is not a $2000 product. If we were to develop a product that could remove the reverb echoes, please, please be aware that we would sell it for over $2,000. There is nothing in the world that can do this, and I have had enough requests for it at any price that have my attention. The other problem we face is the "majority" of our Karaoke clients would have a very hard time using the technology we would use to remove echoes (IF... IF it worked - which is totaly unproven).

Thus, we would probably design and offer this as a Pro-Audio product, which of course anyone could buy. However, without some understanding of frequencies and harmonics and phasing, It probably would be too difficullt to use.

Thanks for your very respectful way of making this post also!

Karaoke Home Producer 2.009 will re-release today.
Old August 6th, 2001, 11:28 PM

Question Vogone Pro ?

Should I start saving my money for a future purchase ?????:

"Vogone Pro - Will remove all reverb and echo tracks !"

If it "REALLY WORKS" with my CD's I'll be happy to pay more $$$$$

Old August 9th, 2001, 05:49 AM

You can request that sound choice make CDG's from most any song if you aren't happy with the results of Vogone II. It may take awhile...

I'm happy.
Old August 9th, 2001, 10:56 AM

regarding my post of Aug.6, there's been another thought running through my head in defense of MTU. Since a possible negative thought occured to me, and I'm just average, then one might have reason to believe others have had the same question in their minds, so let's get it out on the table.

Why doesn't MTU be up front and rename the product and advertise it as a vocal reducer? That popped into my head when this all started. Thinking it through though, my answer would have to be why should they? No one else is, so why should MTU play on an uneven field ? How could a VOCAL REDUCER possibly attract any attention when the opposing teams are all touting REMOVERS AND ELIMINATORS ? When any of us were surfing the net for this type of product would any of us followed through on a lone vocal reducer ? I doubt it.

I realize this has not been previously addressed, but can't help believe that if I thought it, then there must be others harboring the same possibly negative thought(regarding MTU's advertising policy) and we'd best get it over and done with.

Thanks all

George
Old August 9th, 2001, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Cool Vocal Eliminator = Search Engine Positioning

George, you're absolutely right. In fact, for over 2 decades, I have always wondered why Thompson called it a Vocal Eliminator. Since they did, that IS the name.

As you say, no one would enter "vocal reducer" in an Internet search engine to go find one of these puppies. When I first introduced Vogone 1, to not use the word eliminator never, never, never crossed my mind, and neither did the potential confusion over customers not realizing it is a NAME thing that has little ties to reality.

As soon as I perceived confusion on "eliminator" versus "reducer" I started modifying our web pages to say eliminate/reduce. However, anyone who knows about designing a web page to capture top search engine positioning, you MUST use the keywords in your text body and HEADINGS, not just in the META tags. Search engines are getting very picky these days. If the meat (the body copy) doesn't talk about something, they assume the META tag keywords are fiction and won't list them in the index for that keyword.

That... is THE reason why we still use the word "eliminator". It is not accurate, but the world knowledge associates that word with the "vocal reduction" function. Audio engineers know this. New members to audio production have to learn that the "lingo" sometimes has different meanings. I hope by now everyone is starting to understand this and know that MTU in no way meant to mislead anyone. We are using industry standard vocabulary.
Old August 9th, 2001, 04:14 PM

Unhappy Where's My Vogone?

I've been waiting 8 days now for my Vogone II upgrade codes. I bought the upgrade via Credit Card, and I've got a confirmation e-mail to say so. That was on August 1st 2001, so that's 8 days ago. Surely it doesn't take that long to get the codes!

I've already e-mailed 'sales' yesterday, with no response as yet, and I'm waiting to try out the software I've paid for!

Bose
Old August 17th, 2001, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Internet Problems

We are experiencing difficulties with our new software delivery method. We are not pleased with it and will work on replacing it. Also, when the Code Red virus hit the USA, it completely bogged down the north-east UUNET arm of the Internet. Our store.mtu.com and software delivery site were both affected. We could not access our download site for several days, and then when we did, the Fire Wall protection had been increased so our emails to get the software were blocked from being sent.

Bose, since you have stopped asking, do you now have the new code.
Old August 17th, 2001, 01:03 PM

Wink Yes, I've got it...

Yes, I've now got the new code and it's all installed fine. The problem causing the delay was my fault because the e-mail address you had for me on your system was my old one which I can't access anymore, and I'd forgotten to tell you to change it.

Nevermind!

Bose