MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 2nd, 2004, 07:48 PM

Question vogone

i have tryed to to remove the vocal off of a lots of differnt song and i cant get it to remove the vocal.i have done it step by step and still wont work can someone to me what i'm doing wrong?
thanks von
Old March 3rd, 2004, 08:38 AM
Administrator

What are your source files?

The more you can tell us, the more we can help you. So far, you have told us 1 bit of information - you can't get it to work. We need facts to work with and diagnose why you are not getting the results that Vogone can deliver.

VERY IMPORTANT! Please read this FAQ Answer and follow its suggestions, including telling us what version of Vogone you are using. It is found by clicking the About Vogone button at the bottom of the screen.

First question is where did you get the .wav files you are processing?

1. Were they imported directly from an Audio CD with Microstudio or some other reading program?

2. Where they MP3 files you converted to .wav files?

3. Were they recorded from the analog signal (that could also be sent to an amplifier/speaker) connected to your computer audio input card?

The way the audio .wav file was created can have a tremendous effect on how well the vocal can be reduced. For example, MP3 processing will REMOVE important data that is needed to remove/reduce the vocals.

Second question is what is the original source of the master files?

1. Were all the songs from the same CD, that would have been mastered at the same studio?

2. Were all the songs from one or more CDs from the same production company?

If they are, the original company's recording studio may intentionally NOT center-pan the vocals so they cannot be removed.

Third question is what do the original songs sound like?

1. Setup your speakers at least 8 feet apart, with you sitting directly in the center (at 4 feet from each). Listen to the vocal. Is it equally loud in your left and right ear? You are looking for even slight differences in the loudness to determine if the vocal is center-panned (equal loudness in left and right ears).

2. Is the vocal on all on the left channel, or all on the right channel?

Forth question is what audio equipment are you using to listen with?

1. What audio card is in your computer that you play the sound out from? Or, is the audio a port built on your motherboard (i.e. you don't have a plug-in audio card, but connectors on the motherboard for the audio)?

2. What amplifier are you using to drive your speakers?

3. What type of speakers are you using to listen to? Or, are you using headphones?

Fifth question is have you exported the vocal reduced .wav file and written it to an Audio CD and played it in a CD player?

Sixth question is have you tried unclicking the "Make stereo monaural" check box?
Old March 3rd, 2004, 04:34 PM

vogone

i will try to answer some of your ?
#1they were imported from a audio cd with microstudio
# 2-no they were .wav files
# 3-i dont know

# 1-no they were from differnt cd and i have try differnt songs from many different cd names and yes they were company recorded cd.
on some of them the loudness is equalon others i can tell a slight differents .the vocal on some is on the left channel.
the type of audio card is soundmax digital audio.the only speakers i have is what come with the computer and they are dell
no i have not written it to a audio cd and yes i did unclick the make stereo monaural.
is there anything else you need to know to help me . i'm sorry about the first forum i'm new to this and dont know that much about a computer
thank for any help
von
Old March 4th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Frequent Member

Important! Vogone "WILL WORK" With The Right Music! See What You May Be Doing Wrong.
The Vogone 2 will work very well under certain conditions....

1. YOU SHOULD HAVE AN 700+ MhZ CPU...SEE THE PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS.

2. THE SONG YOU ARE TRYING TO "REDUCE" THE VOCAL FROM MUST BE A 44,100Hz, 16 BIT, "WAVE FILE" IF THE VOCALIST WAS "CENTER PANNED" VOCAL REDUCTION IS INCREASED.

3. STEREO RECORDINGS WERE NOT EVEN AVAILABLE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC UNTIL THE LATE 1950's. A FEW ARTISTS, HAD ACCESS TO STEREO RECORDINGS IN 1955, BUT THESE ARE FEW.

4. THEREFORE, ANY RECORDINGS MADE BEFORE 1955 WILL BE "MONO" AND THERE IS NO HOPE OF REMOVING THE VOCAL.

5. DIGITALLY "RE-MASTERED" CD'S BEFORE 1955 MAY SOUND LIKE STEREO, BUT THEY ARE NOT. WHEN YOU RUN VOGONE EVERYTHING IS ERASED, VOCAL AND INSTRUMENTAL...

6. THE EARLY "STEREO" RECORDINGS DID NOT USE A LOT OF RE-VERB (AND THIS IS GOOD) YOU WILL HAVE BETTER SUCCESS WITH THESE RECORDINGS.

7. THE RE-VERB IS "OUT OF PHASE" AND THIS IS ONE REASON, THE MORE RE-VERB, THE MORE DISTORTION AND LESS VOCAL THAT WILL BE REMOVED.

8. THERE ARE SEVERAL PAPERS ON THE SUBJECT OF HOW TO CANCEL AND REDUCE RE-VERB ON THE INTERNET AND I HAVE DIRECTED MTU TO THOSE PAPERS. BASICALLY AN ALGORITHM HAS TO BE WRITTEN TO DO THIS AND SEVERAL MAJOR COMPANIES THAT MAKE "SPEAKERPHONES" DESCRIBE HOW TO DO IT, IN SOME OF THEIR TECHNICAL PAPERS.

9. THERE ARE NO "JERRY VALE" KARAOKE SONGS...I HAVE ONE CD OF HIS THAT SOUNDS LIKE STEREO, BUT IT IS MONO.

10. I HAVE ANOTHER CD OF HIS THAT 50% OF THE SONGS IN MONO, BUT THE OTHER 50% ARE STEREO AND I GET ABOUT A 90% VOCAL ELIMINATION....LUCKY....NOT A LOT OF RE-VERB.
BOTTOM LINE, I COULD ONLY MAKE 7 CD+G'S USING VOGONE AND KARAOKE HOME PRODUCER TO MAKE SOME JERRY VALE MUSIC.

11. YOUR BEST BET, AND I HAVE SEVERAL POSTS ON THIS IN THE KARAOKE HOME PRODUCER FORUM IS THE USE OF MIDI FILES, AS THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS ON THE INTERNET FOR DOWNLOAD, THE PROBLEM IS FINDING THEM AND LISTENING TO THEM FOR A GOOD ARRANGEMENT AND NOT AN ARRANGEMENT SOME GUY UPLOADED WITH HIS NEWLY ACQUIRED KEYBOARD.

12. THERE ARE A NUMBER OF MIDI SITES THAT HAVE FANTASTIC ARRANGEMENTS THAT SOUND AS GOOD AS THE ORIGINAL ARRANGEMENT AND ARE FREE TO DOWNLOAD, THERE ARE OTHER SITES YOU HAVE TO PAY A SMALL FEE FOR THE ARRANGEMENT AND THESE ARE "FIRST CLASS", THEY USUALLY HAVE A SMALL CLIP OF THE INSTRUMENTAL.

13. ONCE YOU HAVE THE MIDI FILE, TO GET THE TRUE QUALITY OF THE SOUND THAT IS ASSOCIATED WITH THE INSTRUMENTS THE MUSICIAN USED IS TO RUN THE MIDI THROUGH A "SOUND MODULE", AN THESE ARE ABOUT $800, BRINGING IT BACK TO YOUR HARD DRIVE AS A "WAVE" FILE.

14. I HAVE POSTED IN THE KPH FORUM AN EXCELLANT SUBSITUTE FOR THE "SOUND MODULE" AND THAT IS A SOFTWARE PROGRAM CALLED "VITUAL SOUND CANVAS" MARKETED BY EDITOL, A DIVISION OF ROLAND (WHO MAKES INSTRUMENTS AND SOUND MODULES) YOU CAN SEE FROM THE PEOPLE WHO GOT IT, THEY LOVE IT AND THE SOUND IS FANTASTIC. PROGRAM ABOUT $49.00.

15. WITH THE MIDI FILES, YOU DON'T HAVE ANY VOCAL TO REMOVE. WITH EDIROL YOU CAN TOTALLY RE-ARRANGE THE MIDI, CHANGING INSTRUMENTS, KEY AND TEMPO AND THEN CONVERT TO A WAVE FILE.

16. SETTING THE LOW FILTER IS THE EASY ONE, SIMPLY SLIDE THE TAB TO THE LEFT TILL THE VOCAL IS GONE.

17 SETTING THE HIGH FILTER YOU SHOULD FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS:

Click the High play button. You will only here the high frequencies above the value where the High adjuster is set. When it is at the far left location, you will hear 2KHz frequencies and higher. There will be vocal frequencies present. It is best to adjust the Loop 1 and Loop 2 pointers in the Play Location group to loop play on an area with vocals. Then, you know the vocals are present.

You should then move the High slider to the RIGHT until you don't hear any frequencies that corrolate to the vocals. That is why it is important to set the Loop points first. This is the MAXIMUM removal of the vocal.

After doing this, you should next click the Play Vogone button to hear all the processors working together. Then, you can note where the High was set, but try moving it some to the right to "restore" some of the music instrument high frequencies. You can do the same with the LOW adjuster also. You can now hear some of the vocal coming back as you adjust the sliders. Actually you may not hear the vocal high frequencies for quite a long movement of the HIGH slider. The advantage this offers is that you can now make the tradeoff of restoring some of the music, which often can have a much more significant positive improvement on the music at the expense of a little bit of the vocal being added back in.

18. KEEP ALL OF THE ABOVE THINGS IN MIND WHEN TRYING TO REMOVE A VOCAL, WITH VOGONE PROGRAM.....WHEN THE CONDITIONS ARE RIGHT, THE VOGONE PROGRAM WILL DO A VERY GOOD JOB.
Old March 4th, 2004, 02:50 PM

vogone

i have try all of the above but it still dont work.i can still hear the vocal with the slider almost to the left.then i try the high with the slider to the right and still hear vocal. i have done this step by step and it wont work. help
thanks von
Old March 4th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Frequent Member

If you followed the directions above, and you can't remove the vocal, the singer was not center panned. So you can't remove it.
Old March 4th, 2004, 07:49 PM

vogone

it's not just one song i have try old ones and new ones all diffreent kind of song and it still wont work. different name brand cd also
thanks

von
Old March 7th, 2004, 09:36 AM

Exclamation vogone

still not working can someone please tell me what to do.
thank von
Old March 7th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Re: vogone

Quote:
Originally posted by wmccorm
i have try all of the above but it still dont work.i can still hear the vocal with the slider almost to the left.then i try the high with the slider to the right and still hear vocal. i have done this step by step and it wont work. help
thanks von
Von, when using Vogone, it is best to follow the steps in the maual.

* Open the .wav file
* Create the Output file
* Set the Loop Play points to only play on an area with vocals to remove
* Adjust the Low Frequency control
* Adjust the High Frequency control
* Click the Play Vogone button. This will play the song with the Low and High processors doing their job.
* Adjust the Low and then the High controls while the Play Vogone button is playing.
* Try adjusting the Remove Control. Sometimes it makes the music sound better, at the expense of more of the vocal being left in the song.

By this time, if your song has the vocal center-panned (equally loud in the left and right channel), and you have carefully adjusted the Low and High controls so you DO NOT hear any vocal frequencies when you are playing using the Low or the High buttons, then you have done as good as that song can be reduced.

You mentioned that one song has the vocal in the left channel. There is no way for Vogone to remove vocal that is not center-panned. Using an audio editor program, you can remove the left channel and duplicate-copy-bridge the right channel to play out the left and right channels. This is the only way to remove a vocal in one track.

Let us know what you find.

Please also click this link to the Vogone Testimonials to read what others have reported there.
Old March 8th, 2004, 10:54 PM

vogone

i have tryed a few more song and it still will not remove the volcal. i give up . just money throwed away.
thank for all the help
von
Old March 10th, 2004, 10:37 AM

Question vogone

well i tryed 2 more songs off of 2 different cds and still the same thing it reduses a little buy thay are unusedable.
von