MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 18th, 2007, 12:48 PM

Smile Microstudio 4.0

Greeting;

I just installed 4.0 to replace 2.612 however 4.0 for me is alot harder to understand, not of computer knowledge. With 2.612 I only used it for copy disc and custom cd's. I never used it for inporting tracks.However
I also used song files from time to time.
My question is when I read a Disc all I get is Time, Track etc no song title or artist. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong and have not a clue what. If someone is willing to babysit me just to get me started in the right direction.

Thanking someone in advance
Mr. bill
Old April 18th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

Mr. Bill
I am at work so can't exactly guide you, but under one of the headings up top is an entry for using the on-line database. There should be a check mark next to it. If not then click on that line and it should add it. This will enable the on-line database to check for the CDs information, If the information is available then you should see the title and artist listed in the left window.
Your best bet is to read through the whole manual first to get a feel for all the new features. The best one I personally like is being able to create my custom discs from my Hoster kma files rather than having to go dig out my CDGs, finding the track I want and importing before burning the CD.
Old April 18th, 2007, 03:44 PM

Smile

Doug!

Thanks for your response, I checked under tools and put a check next to enable database link. Put in a CD+g read disc Tracks only came up.
Went to write cd add songs only tracks still no titles or artists. I will read
the manual again and try to figure this out.

Thank you for your response

Mr. Bill
Old April 18th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Not all of the discs information will be listed. It is a help but not a total list. So sometimes you will have to edit the filenames to add the information. Even Hoster doesn't have listings for all the discs you import, so sometimes you have to manually type in the information.
Old April 19th, 2007, 02:03 PM

Thumbs up

Greetings Doug!

Thanks again for yor info. Things are looking up as of today, I did'nt realize I needed to be on-line to access database. You mentioned not all MFG's are on the database, the first Disc I pulled and tried to add was
one which is'nt on the database. I have checked 8 other MFG's and all are their. I'm sure I'll be getting back to you again soon THANKS AGAIN

Your in Karaoke
Mr. Bill
Old April 21st, 2007, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Mr. Bill, if you remember, Microstudio 2.6xx didn't have the song names and titles either, so there really is no change here, except 4.0 does have the on-line database option to check or not.

When you are making backup copies, or doing custom assembled discs, you don't really need to have song name and title for each track. To do custom assemblies, just like 2.6, you will need to import the individual tracks. In the Import Tracks screen, you can enter artists and titles for each track or leave them blank; either way. And if the on-line database lookup is enabled, then if your disc is found it will fill in these fields for you.

It sounds like DALE (not Doug ) has been doing a great job guiding you. I too would suggest you run Microstudio, click the Manual command on the menu line. Understanding what can be done will open you mind to all the new features.

You also can record your voice while singing, or just record your voice only. Then, you can write the created .wav files to an audio CD. Its a great way to send "audio letters" to your friends and family.

Also, if you click the Help menu "Check for Updates" command, and your computer is on-line, then you will see we have released 4.001, which is a free upgrade. for you. Just click the DOWNLOAD button, and choose to save it on your computer in a Folder where you will remember it is there to find it and double click it to update 4.001 over 4.000. I have a C:\Downloads\MTU\Microstudio folder to store my Microstudio upgrades into. Then, I have all of them there to write to a CDROM in case my computer hard drive crashes, which will loose all your older files. MTU.com has the latest release version available on-line.