MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 17th, 2002, 02:18 AM

Angry Freeze ups (Windows ME)

I am trying to use Microstudio 2.314 on Windows ME. After almost every-other disc copy, I am having freeze-ups that require hard re-boot making the disc in process a coaster. This is only in the write mode, and there are no error messages. Tech support recommended some things which have been done, such as: Burnproof is disabled, screen saver is off, anti-virus is off, I am using the 4.60(1021) drivers, I have DirectX 8.0 or better installed, and I am cntl-alt-del end task'ing everything except systray and explorer. This program is obviously capable of great things but not friendly with the operating system. Is there a fix coming? Anybody else with the same problem? Any solutions? If you ctl-alt-del end all tasks isn't everything that could interupt the program shut down?
Old February 17th, 2002, 06:35 AM
Administrator

Unhappy This is a unique problem to diagnose

Winston, you clearly are a capable user and that is a welcome relief!

We have many users running Microstudio on Windows ME. Thus, we won't rule out a software bug yet, but from our 16 years experience helping users on the PC platform, we will first assume that the problem is an integration one... a unique condition in your computer. Thus, we now have to diagnose and find what that might be.

There are things that can be done to the operating system that are not corrected by shutting down other programs. One bit of info that sometimes gives us a clue is:

1. Who installed ME on your computer? Was it an individual, Dell, Gateway, Compaq, IBM, etc.?

2. What audio card do you have installed, or is it built on the motherboard?

3. What processor and speed is it (Intel Pentinum, P2, P3, P4, Celeron, Zeon; or AMD KL6, K7, Duron, Athelon, etc.)?

4. How much main RAM is installed?

Actually, most of this will be answered if you follow the instructions in this thread and run the DXDIAG diagnostics tool. Email it to support@mtu.com.

We will be flying out Tuesday at 7AM and returning Friday at 11PM for the Mobile Beat/Karaoke Singer show. Thus, we don't have much time to try to help you this week. Please don't get frustrated with us when we disappear for these days.
Old February 17th, 2002, 03:12 PM

Unhappy Answers

Answers:
1. Who installed ME on your computer? Came preinstalled from Gateway.

2. What audio card do you have installed, or is it built on the motherboard? Soundblaster live. Add in, not built on the motherboard.

3. What processor and speed is it? 950 AMD Athelon

4. How much main RAM is installed? 256K

Additional info: The Microstudio program takes a long time to start after double clicking the icon. My writter is HP 8100 series. "Auto disk enable" is unselected. Power manager is off, and Adaptec's Easy CD Creater pop up menu is disabled. I end task on directCD.
Old March 17th, 2002, 07:51 AM

Unhappy

I am using microstudo v2.314 and am getting freeze ups
I had v2.20 never had a problem. I can copy two disk then it
freezes. so i'd like to blame it on v2.314. Im going to upgrade
I hope It fixes it
Old March 17th, 2002, 08:25 AM

Queen, your answer may be on the Microstudio Tech support forum under the thread "Sticky: ASPI Driver-how to install it." The problem that led up to this fix is described elsewhere in the forum
and addresses a memory leak in the ASPI driver that causes the program to freeze up after two or three copies and the need to hard boot, etc.

Hope this is your cure.

Take care,

George

Last edited by George; March 17th, 2002 at 08:52 AM.
Old March 18th, 2002, 07:19 PM

Smile Thanks GEORGE

I'm back in business. Youe advice worked. I must have lost those drivers when I upgraded some how . I down loaded the drivers and followed instructions SENT TO ME and I'M all fixed THANKS QUEEN
Old March 18th, 2002, 09:51 PM

THANK YOU QUEEN for the feedback. Some never bother, so those who try to help never really know whether the ''fix" worked or not. Feedback is an important part of the process.Thank you again for taking the time.

Take care,

George