MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old October 10th, 2002, 04:40 PM
Blocked from Forums

karaoke cdg

as anyone bought songs from koolkaraokestudios and played them on microstudio?????
Old October 10th, 2002, 05:08 PM

What is the Brand Name on the disc's?? Or is Koolkaraokestudios the brand name??

Jim
Old October 10th, 2002, 05:24 PM
Blocked from Forums

dunno jim ive not bought any yet but they sound great on there preview forum they say i need THEIR software to play WONDER WHY??
Old October 10th, 2002, 05:59 PM

Kool Karaoke has a problem!!

Welcome to Ron's

The MIDI files on this site have been removed because of the "witch hunt"
being carried out by several organizations that believe you should pay "them"
for MIDI or karaoke files. Everything can best be explained by the people of
this site: "http://free-the-midi.com/main.htm".
I was contacted and threatened with fine and prosecution. It is therefor with
deepest regret that I must remove all MIDI, karaoke and zip files from this site.
I want to express my warmest gratitude to all that have written to me with
their support. Possibly one day, we can end this dictatorship and tyranny
pertaining to MIDI on the Internet. Until then, I will (as many others have),
politely bow out of my favorite pastime of giving away MIDI/karaoke
entertainment to those who want and appreciate it.

Sincerely, Ron Ray

I just cut and pasted this from Kool Karaoke's site, the views and opinions are theirs, and only theirs!! I don't think you need to worry about if anyone has played their songs. They have been shut down!!

Jim
Old October 11th, 2002, 06:06 AM
Blocked from Forums

I dont think i made my question clear If i bought kools songs do i HAVE to buy their software to play their songs as they say?or would they play on microstudio ok. all legally of course lets face it if you bought a sony audio of your favourite singer and was told it wont play on a say a pioneer only on a sony player then you would be gutted, if koolkaraoke had a demo of their software like microstidio then i might have bought that instead mind you it would have to be as good as microstudio. So i will not buy anything i cant sample
Old October 11th, 2002, 08:19 AM

You don't need to worry about purchasing their software because their site is closed down and not doing business. It sounds like they were pirateing the song files. Another Napster like site from what I can make out.

Jim
Old October 11th, 2002, 08:48 AM
Blocked from Forums

Hi jim just been on their site it seems to be working ok are we talking about the same site eg [url]www.koolkaraokestudio.com
Old October 11th, 2002, 10:46 AM

You got me, I went to Ron's KoolKaraoke, not Kool Karaoke Studio, but $1.99 a song is high compaired to $19 a disc for 15 tracks.
Give it a shot if you wish, yes you will need their software package to unzip the audio and sub channel for the tracks. The sub channel is where the graphics are.

Jim
Old October 11th, 2002, 10:52 AM
Blocked from Forums

ok jim bit when i unzip them can i put them on cd and play it on their karaoke machine down at my local pub in other words treat the copied cd like a regular cdg disc
Old October 11th, 2002, 11:07 AM

BATAMAX UK
Got a suggestion. If your need is personal, why not make your own CDG's? Now don't get bent out of shape when I mention MIDI's. True most sound crappy. Several of us have purchased a product called Edirol Vitrual Sound Canvass, and are having a ball rolling out own. This software allows you to change any part of the instrumentation in a midi to suite your taste. You can substitute any of the instruments used in the file to whatever pleases you, add reverb, change pitch, tempo, whatever you wish, and save as .WAV. Many of the finished products are hard to distinguish from a regular orchestration. There's a jillion of MIDI's out there and have not failed to find lyrics yet. Haven't bought a commercial CDG in over six months, and having all 20 songs on a cdg, songs I want is not hard to take.

The Edirol VSC, MTU's Karaoke Home Producer, And Microstudio are a terrific combination.

Just a thought,

George

As far as UK availability, it is available there. May have to do some surfing. It comes on CD.
Old October 11th, 2002, 11:14 AM
Blocked from Forums

thanks george but i will let someone else do the hard work. sounds ideal for a sound engineer though. but im the lazy type. even get the wife to cough for me
Old October 11th, 2002, 11:19 AM

Don't laugh, but my wife saw me having so much fun doing this, she's now starting her second full CDG

Take care,

George
Closed Thread