MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 30th, 2004, 10:18 AM

Aspi Error

I get the following error: write command failed on Device 3:0:0 ASPI error (04h 00h 00h) I read your ASPI error thread, and I tried deleting and replacing the ASPI drivers, but still have the problem. I first thought it was a bad disc, but I tried 3 and all got the same error. I bought the disc from MTU, and I doubt it is a bad disc. I have imported all my cdg's to the hard drive, and I can play the songs on the computer.
I got this message right after having made one cdg, but it hung up and didn't open the door. I pulled electric cord from the Plextor drive so it would abort and let me open the door. I plugged it back in and rebooted the system, but I get this error every time I try to create a cdg. Looking for ideas. bill
Old December 1st, 2004, 03:37 PM

Re: Aspi Error

The Write is the only part that uses the ASPI driver, this is why you only get the error when you try this.

Try plugging the USB drive into a different USB port on the computer, to see if it will recognize it as a new drive. You might also try making sure that you have updated your drivers for the Motherboard of your computer. The drivers that you are needing are for the Motherboard, Mainboard or they will be named Chipset drivers. Also if you see anything for the USB drivers then download and install those also.

This is a problem with your computer's USB drivers talking to the Plextor correctly through the ASPI drivers we ship with the software.
Old December 1st, 2004, 05:19 PM

Re: Aspi Error

I tried another USB port, and it started working again. One other problem with this error is that my plextor drive hangs up sometimes after completing the write of all the tracts. After getting it back working, I made 5 disc OK, no problem. The 6th disc hungup after completion. I try ctrl alt del and kill the task, but I can't open the drawer, nor can I turn the computer off with the power switch. I had to turn the power off from the source, basically unplug. When I tried to kill the program, it said it was waiting for a response from me. Yet, there is nothing on the screen to respond to. The 6th disc was OK, but I had to go thru turning the power off to get the drawer open to the Plextor drive. Your software screen says that if I hit terminate, it will ruin the disc. Is this true if it has written all the tracts on the disc? If it wont at this stage, this would be a better soultion than turning off the power. Thanks for your help. bill