MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 26th, 2003, 10:08 PM

eject after completion

I have a plextor drive I bought from MTU. It works fine except, the automatic reject after completion is not working. It hangs up, and I have to use the small tool to open the door manually. It drive works fine for normal burns. Is there any way to disable the automatic reject where I can just eject it by pushing the button.
The problem is that it is in a loop or something. It won't let me terminate the session. It just sits there when it is finished. I can not manually eject the disc. I have to end the task, and my drive won't work until I turn off the power to it, and reboot. Then the manual button will open and close the door just fine. Microstudio works just fine extracting files and writing to the hard drive.
I just bought a new Dell computer with windows xp home edition, 3.2 ghz, etc. Any ideas? bill
Old December 26th, 2003, 10:47 PM

I had exactly the same problem today with a new MTU Plextor 52X when burning a cdg in Custom Assembly. Got hung up in the write user end data stage.

Tried Terminate, and it also hung there.It just sat there and any attempts to stop the program just freezes everything.

Couldn't close out with the Program manager. Had to pull the plug.

George

Last edited by George; December 27th, 2003 at 08:21 AM.
Old December 27th, 2003, 08:44 AM

William,

I tried it again this morning to see if the problem would persist, and the disc finished and ejected just fine.

Don't have a clue as to what happened yesterday.

If you don't shut down overnight, shut down for awhile and try it again. The only difference here was being shut down. Be interesting to see what your results would be.

Take care,

George
Old December 27th, 2003, 09:26 PM

Thanks, George. Here is the latest from here. I had three failures in a row. I tried the same things that you did, but the last one I pulled the power cord, and that let the program let go of my eject button. I rebooted the system and tried again. This time I selected the test CD option, and I have had three straight successes in a row using that option. I don't know whether that had anyting to do with it or not. I wish the program didn't try to open the door to the drive, and just let the user open the door with the button. I was really frustrated at first when I had to throw away my disc, and used the little tool to poke in the hole and open it so I could pull it out. It still wouldn't operate until I booted my system two or three times. Pulling the power cord solved that problem.
I just downloaded updated version a few day ago. So, I have the latest version. In the past, it didn't always eject after writing a disk, but it never hung up. It just terminated normally, and I used the button to open the door, but it hangs on like a bulldog now. Thanks again. bill
Old December 29th, 2003, 02:55 PM

Try upgrading your Drivers for your Motherboards chipset drivers from the computer Manufacturer, or motherbard manufacturer. These can cause this to happen at times, when they are not correctly updated.

This is the first thing that I would look at to see if it will take care of these problems.
Old December 29th, 2003, 03:08 PM

another option is to check the plextor website for firmware updates. I did that the other day, and fixed several problems. I was 5 revisions behind the latest.
Old December 29th, 2003, 08:24 PM

Thanks fellows. I just bought my computer in December of this year, but there may be something there. As for the Plextor drive, I have had it for several months. I will check 'em out. bill