MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old August 16th, 2019, 10:04 PM

Missing Database Entries After Import

I added some new songs, zip and kmh, into one of my MTU folders that already had some songs that had been entered into my database by using the Build Database. When I finished adding the new songs, I once again used Build Database to enter the new songs into the database. When I checked the database I noticed 10 of the 42 new songs were not in the database.

Rather then try something else that might mess up my database, I installed the same new songs directly into my DEMO Hoster program which is in a different laptop.

I use the DEMO to try to learn more about Hoster without messing up my actual Hoster laptop.

The songs that did not install in my laptop were able to be installed into the DEMO database and then were able to be installed into the playlist and played.

What might I be doing wrong?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Wes

Acer 11.6 inch Aspire V-5 Laptop with Win 7 Home Intel Celeron 1007U Processor 1.50Ghz 4GB ram

Acer 15.6 inch Aspire E1-531 Laptop with Win Home 10 64, Intel B960 Processor 2.2Ghz 4GB ram.

Last edited by Wrahn; August 16th, 2019 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Forgot a word
Old August 17th, 2019, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Missing Database Entries After Import

When you say:
“I added some new songs, zip and kmh, into one of my MTU folders”
How did you create the kmh file prior to importing ?

I ask as a kmh file would have been created using Hoster or Microstudio and allocated a Disc id.

When you say: “by using the Build Database.” I assume you selected the folder in the list then chose rescan folder ?

I think the clue as to what happened might be if you are importing a kmh file that has a disc id or bookid that is already in your database so it counted them as duplicates.

Perhaps your demo did not have that previous Disc ID or BookID so they imported.

Is the demo the same release # as your main version ?

Remind me again which version of Hoster you have.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old August 17th, 2019, 02:12 PM

Thumbs up Re: Missing Database Entries After Import

Roy,

I just watched your new video on YouTube and it has great information. I also remember some other great advice you gave to me and others on this forum, MAKE A BACKUP!

Fortunately I did as you suggested and it sure helped me sort out the mess I created trying to import new songs. Seems like I got confused and my master got out of sync with my backup and my lack of knowledge caused me to create a mess. Now all is good again and I\\\\\\\'ve made another BACKUP.

In answer to your question, my master and backup is 6.01.05 and the DEMO is 6.01.04.

Once again, thanks for your expertise with Hoster and thanks for sharing it with me and anyone else that needs help.

Wes

Acer 11.6 inch Aspire V-5 Laptop with Win 7 Home Intel Celeron 1007U Processor 1.50Ghz 4GB ram

Acer 15.6 inch Aspire E1-531 Laptop with Win Home 10 64, Intel B960 Processor 2.2Ghz 4GB ram.
Old August 17th, 2019, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Missing Database Entries After Import

Nice to know you found the video useful as I only uploaded it a few hours ago.

Seems like your sorted and running again so I’ll close this thread now.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Closed Thread