MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 31st, 2003, 07:21 PM

Angry Having Problems With XP And MicroStudio

I'm running XP Pro. Microstudio 2400. At first Studio would not run. (Running shortcut under 98 compatable). Now MicroStudio will not see my two Plextors. I have tried both aspi downloads. I know one drive works for sure (the other is new) with MicroStudio. I apreciate any help! Thanks.
Old August 1st, 2003, 04:22 PM

Ok! After extesive research (and some luck!), I have managed to fix most of my problems. One Left! I got one of the Plextors to be seen, also fix MTU to run under XP. I have a Plextor USB PX-S88TU Drive. Plextor states it is cdg compatible. MTU says it's compatible. MTU2400 does not see it. Have tried all the aspi drivers. Any suggestions? Have DirectX8.1 512meg etc. Everything meets standards.
Old August 1st, 2003, 05:40 PM
Honor Roll

Make sure your drive is plugged in before you start MicroStudio. If not it will not detect it. I have tried, sometimes even if you close MS and reopen it, it still won't show up. What I have found to work is to open the "Drives" menu and click on "ASPI drivers..."
Leave it set at "MTU installed drivers" and Click OK, then close MS and reopen. The drives should be there.

Flip
Old August 1st, 2003, 10:52 PM

Question

Thank you for your reply. Tried all that you suggested, No results. This drive works with the burning software and XP. Any other suggestions?
Old August 2nd, 2003, 03:45 PM

I will take a stab!

Do you have Nero or any of its components on your system? Anything by Ahead software (the manufacturer of Nero)?

If you do, I found there was a problem with the ASPI driver that I was referred to. I needed the nero set and there is a link in a post under Hoster that I finally sorted out.

As I understand your problem now, you can't see the Burning Drive, right?

Some other things to consider before we look at the ASPI thing:

Right Mouse Click on "MY COMPUTER" not the short cut but the one in your START menu.

From there choose, PROPERTIES select the Hardware Tab, click the Device Manager and locate "Universal Serial Bus Controllers"
press the "+" button and then double-click on the USB Root Hub that your USB CD Burner is plugged into. select the "Power Management" tab and make certain that "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is UN-Checked, then OK and Close.

Have you ever noticed that sometimes your mouse or other USB devices will shut down on you? Stop working? In games, sometime when this option is on, a USB joystick will turn off and not be usable in the game.

In Microstudio, if the device is shut off or shutting down, that could cause it not be seen in Windows.

Check towards the bottom of this thread to find the FTP for the Nero ASPI Driver BUT only if you have NERO or had it installed on this system at some point. If you EVER had NERO on this system, this should help as well. Then use the DEFAULT aspi drivers.

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2485

I hope something here helps
Old August 3rd, 2003, 08:38 PM

Talking Thank You!!!!!

Thank You very much! The Nero aspi files worked! I really apreciate all the help! Thanks again.
Old August 4th, 2003, 02:17 AM

Glad to help

I had so many problems with this one... Perhaps (HINT HINT) MTU should make a note of this. I know that I don't like Adaptec, never had. So I always use Nero on any system I use. I have noticed an increase in the number of computers that come with the burning software. I, personally, consider it to be superior to the Adaptec product.

I don't think it would hurt to add a line for Nero Users and the problem!

Glad I could help!
Old August 4th, 2003, 11:14 AM

Lightbulb Nero Aspi...

I agree with pcgumshoe,
Nero is by far superior to adaptec CD Creator.

I own both, the Cd Creator platinum and Nero and it's much more stable with XP and there website is very friendly, easier to download the upgrade.

Yes, MTU should make a note of this, they support the Roxio product because it comes with they're Plextor driver but they should understand that Nero does offer a better product therefore should also give some support.

Regards